Tottenham Salaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And you have bin men, bar tenders and bus drivers running around like fucking lunatics calling these wages paltry and demanding the club double it.....while they struggle themselves to get their own kids decent stuff.

I think you get to an age Mrs P (NO OFFENCE) like me, where you just stop giving a shit about the likes of poor little Eriksen and his disgusting demands.
I've got sympathy with that point of view but the fact is, he is a top footballer at a top prem club, not a bin man or a bar man or a bus driver, he should be paid accordingly.

I've got sympathy with that point of view but the fact is, he is a top footballer at a top prem club, not a bin man or a bar man or a bus driver, he should be paid accordingly.
He is paid accordingly with other midfielders who havent lifted a trophy in the six years they´ve played for their clubs.

Its quite simple....Leicester won the league.
Leicester players got massive pay rises and bonuses.

:harrysmile:

He is paid accordingly with other midfielders who havent lifted a trophy in the six years they´ve played for their clubs.

Its quite simple....Leicester won the league.
Leicester players got massive pay rises and bonuses.

:harrysmile:
Well I'm not talking about Leicester I'm talking about us. Sissoko has improved but no way should he be getting more than CE and Lamela has spent most of his time injured or on the bench since he's been with us.

Well I'm not talking about Leicester I'm talking about us. Sissoko has improved but no way should he be getting more than CE and Lamela has spent most of his time injured or on the bench since he's been with us.

Point was that when these players win stuff like their peers, they might get paid like their peers

Seriously, what a twisted world we live in, where our lowest paid players are paid more in a week than some people are paid in a year.

The clubs would be demanding top money whether they pad players top money or not. If I thought that it would mean lower ticket prices, kit price, TV subs I would get annoyed about it too. As it is at least the "talent" is getting it not the owners - people don't tend to be as irritated when its Pop stars or Actors.

So then what does it matter what Eriksen is paid, if it has no relation to what his peers earn all of a sudden?

If Eriksen wants a pay rise, he should have signed a new contract
It matters that some players in our team who are not as he, get more. I think anybody in his position would be pissed off and he has every right to get the biggest pay day that he can, even if that means walking away.

It matters that some players in our team who are not as he, get more. I think anybody in his position would be pissed off and he has every right to get the biggest pay day that he can, even if that means walking away.

He agreed to his current wages, and wont sign for a pay rise

His wages should have been put up a long time ago.

He hasnt signed a new contract since negotiations began over two years ago, He signed a four year deal in 2016, which he has chosen not renew, and is running down.

Are you saying he should have been put on 200k a week in 2016?
Kane and Poch only got big pay rises themselves in 2018. Eriksen refused his.

He hasnt signed a new contract since negotiations began over two years ago, He signed a four year deal in 2016, which he has chosen not renew, and is running down.

Are you saying he should have been put on 200k a week in 2016?
Kane and Poch only got big pay rises themselves in 2018. Eriksen refused his.
I'm not even saying he should be on 200k now, I'm simply saying he should get a lot more than Lamela and Sissoko. Sissoko arrived in 2016, his pay should have risen from time.

This is all of course assuming that the salaries are correct, which they are probably not.

I'm not even saying he should be on 200k now, I'm simply saying he should get a lot more than Lamela and Sissoko. Sissoko arrived in 2016, his pay should have risen from time.

This is all of course assuming that the salaries are correct, which they are probably not.

We can't give him a raise in wages if he refuses to sign though. I'm pretty sure if Christian had wanted to sign a new deal we would have thrown something extremely generous at him like it's been reported.

Back
Top Bottom