Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In this Telegraph article it mentions one bit I think is worth talking about:

“with a larger-framed Kane obstensibly no longer able to hunt and harry defenders”

I have mentioned this in passing often, but when does too much bulk ruin a player? Football isn’t rugby and a persons body shouldn’t be packing on a ton of heavy muscle if they are running 10km+ a game. I feel like this is the case for many of our players.

• Dier when he first came was lighter on his feet. Today a stronger man, but slower on the turn
  • Dele is clearly bigger and I think that is partially why he isn’t linking play as well as he used to and why his numbers have dropped off (other than playing deeper). His body has taken on more mass since his first two years here.
  • Kane is no longer the young, fresh on the scenes kid. He is a man that runs now as if he is a bit of mud. He does seem to have lost some zip.
  • Bale just as another example has ruined his career by putting on body builder type of muscle
This game is about quick, agile moves. I know you need to work on building up core strength and so forth for reducing injury and improving recovery time, but when is too much, too much?

In this Telegraph article it mentions one bit I think is worth talking about:

“with a larger-framed Kane obstensibly no longer able to hunt and harry defenders”

I have mentioned this in passing often, but when does too much bulk ruin a player? Football isn’t rugby and a persons body shouldn’t be packing on a ton of heavy muscle if they are running 10km+ a game. I feel like this is the case for many of our players.

• Dier when he first came was lighter on his feet. Today a stronger man, but slower on the turn
  • Dele is clearly bigger and I think that is partially why he isn’t linking play as well as he used to and why his numbers have dropped off (other than playing deeper). His body has taken on more mass since his first two years here.
  • Kane is no longer the young, fresh on the scenes kid. He is a man that runs now as if he is a bit of mud. He does seem to have lost some zip.
  • Bale just as another example has ruined his career by putting on body builder type of muscle
This game is about quick, agile moves. I know you need to work on building up core strength and so forth for reducing injury and improving recovery time, but when is too much, too much?
bulk is probably a factor, but for Harry in particular I think his repeated ankle injuries have impacted on his mobility a bit as well.

Could it have been one of our own?

Wasn't Toby, he would have turned his back on the window.
Wasn't Danny, he'd have argued with the window and thrown himself up into the air.
Sissoko, as mentioned above.
Wasn't Lamela, he would have knocked fuck out of everyone, including the window.
Wasn't Vic, he would have tried to smash the window, but the window would have smashed him

Wasn't Toby, he would have turned his back on the window.
Wasn't Danny, he'd have argued with the window and thrown himself up into the air.
Sissoko, as mentioned above.
Wasn't Lamela, he would have knocked fuck out of everyone, including the window.
Wasn't Vic, he would have tried to smash the window, but the window would have smashed him
Wouldn't be Eriksen, he wouldn't have had the energy to get off the bed.

Daniel Levy determined to keep £250 million Harry Kane if Tottenham's season ends trophyless (Matt law)

Not trophies I feel but a real show of ambiton and ruthlessness in decision making would change it in my opinion.

No surprise this rears its head already but it changes if intent is shown.

I suspect he is one of tbose who is silently or maybe more vociferously asking why Rose, Alderweireld and Eriksen are still at a club where their heart is not and cannot be 100% in it.

And if that be the case why am I still busting a gut for them..

Not trophies I feel but a real show of ambiton and ruthlessness in decision making would change it in my opinion.

No surprise this rears its head already but it changes if intent is shown.

I suspect he is one of tbose who is silently or maybe more vociferously asking why Rose, Alderweireld and Eriksen are still at a club where their heart is not and cannot be 100% in it.

And if that be the case why am I still busting a gut for them..
Players know if you play for a levy team then it's top 4 at best. But eventually some players can't get motivated by that any more. So they leave in the end. Our main hope is they aren't ambitious enough for trophies.

I hate to say it, but our entire squad needs to be rebuilt this summer. The contracts of 9 players expires in the next two years and Kane is the only crown jewel we have left to rebuild with.

Kaned
sun-2.jpg

What are you suggesting? He is ruined as a player? He is our best player by a country mile. We don't deserve him.
And btw in the past few games for England and Tottenham he has got the team goals by pressing dedenders...

9 goals in 9 games this season. Finished. :pochunimpressed:

I hate to say it, but our entire squad needs to be rebuilt this summer. The contracts of 9 players expires in the next two years and Kane is the only crown jewel we have left to rebuild with.

....You do, huh? 🙄

Calm down.... Work to be done, yes, but "entire squad needs to be rebuilt this summer"? C'mon; lack of perspective helps no-one right now.

Lloris / Gazz
KWP / Davies / Sanchez / Foyth / Tanganga / Sessengon.
Winks / Dier / Ndombele / Lo Celso (presumably) / Skipp
Kane / Lucas / Son / Dele / Lamela / Parrott

Any contract renewals for the above can be deal with outside of any trf window.

1 RB (Aurier) / 2 CB (Jan & Toby) / 2 CM (Wanyama & Sissoko) / 1 AM (Eriksen) and our numbers have been restored.... That's 6 players over 2 windows.

Am i right in reading that Levy has for the first time put a price tag on Kane ? ..£250m , this comes a week after Kane's comments that after 5 years spurs still haven't learnt lessons...a direct message that lessons haven't been learned while Poch has been at spurs..for me this is a clear indication that Poch and Kane are drifting apart..Eriksen has seen it and now Kane has openly said it..Poch has given spurs some good times without winning anything, but he has to leave before Kane does

Am i right in reading that Levy has for the first time put a price tag on Kane ? ..£250m , this comes a week after Kane's comments that after 5 years spurs still haven't learnt lessons...a direct message that lessons haven't been learned while Poch has been at spurs..for me this is a clear indication that Poch and Kane are drifting apart..Eriksen has seen it and now Kane has openly said it..Poch has given spurs some good times without winning anything, but he has to leave before Kane does
Levy has never openly put a price tag on any player. He doesn't do interviews so it is the papers pulling numbers out of their asses.

I wouldn't put too much into some paper claiming that Levy has a asking price for one of our players.

Back
Top Bottom