Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Once more I repeat myself here (starting to feel like a broken record) - in order to give our attacking-minded players some more freedom to attack and offer protection to back-line, we need a DM.

I would hope that Dier is ready, even though he played during the week, but there is quite a number of days in between (Skipp did not seem convincing at all, playing telegraphed passes in CM).

Also I don't buy this "Moura and Son don't work together" stuff. We could at least try. They offer pace and directness at least. Plus they can all swap places in front 3.

So I'd like us to go with -

-------------Lloris----------
Aurier-Toby--Jan--Rose
Winks-Dier-Ndombele
--Son---Kane---Moura-

That leaves Gazza, KWP, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Skipp, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela all to bench. Where we could dip into if we need more energy / to change smth.

Come on you Spurs!
It's a home game, let's win for a change!!!

Once more I repeat myself here (starting to feel like a broken record) - in order to give our attacking-minded players some more freedom to attack and offer protection to back-line, we need a DM.

I would hope that Dier is ready, even though he played during the week, but there is quite a number of days in between (Skipp did not seem convincing at all, playing telegraphed passes in CM).

Also I don't buy this "Moura and Son don't work together" stuff. We could at least try. They offer pace and directness at least. Plus they can all swap places in front 3.

Aurier-Toby--Jan--Rose
Winks-Dier-Ndombele
--Son---Kane---Moura-

That leaves Gazza, KWP, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Skipp, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela all to bench. Where we could dip into if we need more energy / to change smth.

Come on you Spurs!
You know Poch has his favourites. Well right now, Sissoko is one of them. For that reason alone, I cannot see him being dropped/rested/call it what you will.

Aurier-Toby--Jan--Rose
Winks-Dier-Ndombele
--Son---Kane---Moura-

Come on you Spurs!
I like that line up. My one concern is Dier. He looked even more bulky and slow the other day. He played ok but didn't have too much to worry about. His instincts are still there and he can still make a solid pass but I'm not convinced he's got the speed for a full PL game yet. When the opposition midfield break he might struggle to keep up. Hope he proves me wrong.

You know Poch has his favourites. Well right now, Sissoko is one of them. For that reason alone, I cannot see him being dropped/rested/call it what you will.

Yea, I get what you are saying.
But I picked the line up that I would like to see, not what I expect to see ;) .

I like that line up. My one concern is Dier. He looked even more bulky and slow the other day. He played ok but didn't have too much to worry about. His instincts are still there and he can still make a solid pass but I'm not convinced he's got the speed for a full PL game yet. When the opposition midfield break he might struggle to keep up. Hope he proves me wrong.

Yes, absolutely agreed. Though at least he seemed physically imposing. Unlike Wanyama and Skipp.

Dier is deffo not a brilliant option, but best of the worst. A result of very poor focus in transfer market by Poch (that we did not bring in quality DM).

Must win game imo, we need that feeling of winning back again and to get our season back on track.

Southampton will want to destroy us, make no mistake about it, this will be a tough game and our players and manager will have to be ready for it.

Back
Top Bottom