Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do you assume that people want one thing or the other?

The vast majority of people don't want to change manager or chairman.
You're right, they don't.
But they were given the opportunity to lay all the blame at Poch's door in a poll. (which wasn't started by me)
I simply balanced it out by giving them the same opportunity in a Levy poll.

Again, I don't see what your problem is

Boasting about getting absolutely destroyed is a new one.
Evening Spursdem.

This aint some dick measuring contest, is it?

I was tagged. I replied.
If 20% of the forum is representative of our fan base, that's a whole lot of people who would like Levy & co to hand the reigns over or sell up.

Personally, I think it under represents the wider fan base. But that's another argument

Evening Spursdem.

This aint some dick measuring contest, is it?

I was tagged. I replied.
If 20% of the forum is representative of our fan base, that's a whole lot of people who would like Levy & co to hand the reigns over or sell up.

Personally, I think it under represents the wider fan base. But that's another argument

If the poll had been a landslide in your favour you'd be lording it over everyone. Since it's been a landslide against you it's suddenly ''not representative''.

Which begs the question...why start a poll you believe isn't representative? Dismissing the validity of your own poll is quality.

20% of our fan base is a lot of people, you're correct.

Do you know what it's not even close to? 80%.

If you truly believe in the cause, start a rally mate. Get this ''wider fan base'' roused and actually do something to make a change?

Or will it just be like the last ''Levy Out'' campaign, which saw embarrassingly paltry support and whimpered away in weeks. Didn't hear any anti-Levy chants catch on yesterday? Where is this ''wider fan base''? Why can't we hear them if there's a ''whole lot of people''? The game after getting embarrassed by Colchester and nothing close to revolt? Isn't that interesting.

I think, at this point, it's best to accept you and your campaign hold little weight and try something new.

If the poll had been a landslide in your favour you'd be lording it over everyone. Since it's been a landslide against you it's suddenly ''not representative''.
Which begs the question...why start a poll you believe isn't representative? Dismissing the validity of your own poll is quality.
Like I said above, I started the poll simply to balance out the anti Poch hysteria in the Poch out thread. Which had a poll.
In fact I stated that as my motivation in the opening post!
Like I also said above, sometimes the problems on the pitch or in the dressing room might run deeper than simply blaming the manager.
If you think starting a thread or a poll under such circumstances isn't justified have a word with the administrators and perhaps they'll close it

Stay down John Thomas John Thomas
tenor.gif

Like I said above, I started the poll simply to balance out the anti Poch hysteria in the Poch out thread. Which had a poll.
In fact I stated that as my motivation in the opening post!
Like I also said above, sometimes the problems on the pitch or in the dressing room might run deeper than simply blaming the manager.
If you think starting a thread or a poll under such circumstances isn't justified have a word with the administrators and perhaps they'll close it
I just find it intriguing that after, what, 5 years? of your ENIC hysteria you're still only at the point of online moaning.
You're a passionate guy and seem to have been upset by this forever. Calling their tenure a "disaster", yet have done nothing tangible about it.

I'd support your right to have a go at the owners even if I believe they've done well. Even those thugs at West Ham showed their displeasure to their owners without hesitation.

So why yours?

You've got a stadium full of acoustic beauty to shout at the bald one.

Let it be known.

I just find it intriguing that after, what, 5 years? of your ENIC hysteria you're still only at the point of online moaning.
You're a passionate guy and seem to have been upset by this forever. Calling their tenure a "disaster", yet have done nothing tangible about it.

I'd support your right to have a go at the owners even if I believe they've done well. Even those thugs at West Ham showed their displeasure to their owners without hesitation.

So why yours?

You've got a stadium full of acoustic beauty to shout at the bald one.

Let it be known.
Fair question to ask, I suppose. One frequently asked by Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .
But although Spurs are a big part of my life, its not the only thing in my life.
I'm a passionate remainer on the brexit issue. I despise discrimination based on where someone was born, their colour or sexuality.
But I don't attend marches or political events to vent my feelings. Never have, and possibly never will..
You may see that as cowardly. Or hypocritical. Or just downright lazy.
But its who I am. And just like you and millions of others, I'll continue to use the tools of social media to discuss and put forward my opinion on what ever matters are important to me.

Never ever look at others with envy, we are where we are, they are where they are, we are trying to do it through natural progression they have fast tracked the process through cheating the system (they are currently banned from signing players)
I’ve said it before, I’d take one title doing it the Spurs way over 10 titles doing their way, or City’s way for that matter.

It’s frustrating doing it our way their is no doubt, I have damned Levy to hell at times “just give Redknapp 2 players, just two fucking players you miserable bastard” “no not those two players you baldy cunt” springs to mind...

We haven’t won a title since 61, we have no right to believe we are entitled to win one....but, and there is a but, and this is my line in the sand right here.....We are paying for one of the most expensive shows on planet football, it’s damn expensive watching Spurs these days and the return from the club in the form of trophies is non existent, if I’m paying out more than any other fans on the planet then I expect my day at the Oscars now and again.

And

I will never except “but we have to pay for our brand new pretty new stadium” as an excuse, sorry, but I didn’t support Spurs because of a fucking stadium, and if anyone thinks we should pay for it over the success of our team isn’t in the game for the right reasons....and if that is the case then the planning of this stadium at 1bn quid was just wrong.

I’m giving Levy this season and maybe next season, the benefit of the doubt if you like, to show me that he is at least trying to justify the cost of supporting Spurs, if not then I’m handing him 4 season tickets and a massive thanks but no thanks mate. I mean it getting to a point where I’m paying for a Porsche but still driving a Peugeot, and even though it’s parked in a fancy garage it’s still a Peugeot., and I don’t think even he could argue back.

Whilst Ive got no probem with Levy. He has taken us from mid table to the CL final you know?

I do have sympathy with what you are saying. Our tickets are rediculously expensive. So much so that I dont bother going anymore. We have to now bring in people like Dybala. Marquee signings that can go straight into the team.

It was Levy who saw fit to pay himself the highest salary of any CEO in world football.
It wax Levy who decided to make our fans the highest paying football supporters on Earth.
It was Levy who failed to back our most promising manager in decades last summer.
And it was Levy who allowed a situation to develop where so many of our best players are simply running down their contracts.

Would you agree that when taking all of the above into account an 80% approval rating is ridiculously high?

Imagine if you'd run the same poll a few days before the CL final.

One thing the levy haters never appreciate, is the gap he has opened up over other big clubs.

Everton, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle are all miles behind us. These are clubs that can traditionally finish above us or compete for the same players. Weve even left Man United, Woolwich and Chelsea behind.

We are the 3rd best team in the country. Prior to levy how many times had we finished 3rd or higher? Im guessing about 8 times in a hundred years.

So lets have a bit of perspective here. Its not like we were racking up trophies before he came.

The FA Cup, League Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup winners cup have been consigned to history. Thats not levys fault.

The premier league and CL is all that counts nowdays.

Back
Top Bottom