Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

122 days

One hundred and twenty two days....

That's how long it took from being in the Champion's League Final..... To having our pants pulled down by Bayern.....

:pochfacepalm:

Then don’t quote me, or ever mention my name. Simple as that.

Don’t mention me third hand either like a snide little pussy. You never.....ever discuss the team.
Yes I do, just not with you
You don't get to tell me what I can or can't say, just like you are fond of saying to anyone that listens.
Off you go, run along

122 days

That's how long it took from being in the Champion's League Final..... To having our pants pulled down by Bayern.....

...and how many days till the new kit is out?
Shame really, 'cos I like this one, but it's forever gonna be associated wiith our record home defeat!

Like the polar opposite of last season's Teal'N17 Map' kit... which will forever be remembered with Moura in it at Ajax!

I feel sorry for Poch. What is he meant to do with a squad like this?
Understand tactics better like not exposing your fullbacks with a system that clearly, no-one in the dressing room agrees with.

That said, I have some empathy with your point but that only leads to one conclusion - that he is not capable of doing anything with this squad. Generally, when one wheel falls off its not that hard to identify the problem. When all 4 fall off its not down to one thing alone.

Terrible tactical awareness in the coaching staff
Terrible spirit in the dressing room with players who don't deserve to pull the shirt on
Birds coming home to roost over our transfer / contract policy

One problem can usually be solved but all three at the same time?

What a shower...
...bin the lot of them and play the youth team!
Quite right Mrs P. There's certain players that need to train with the kids as punishment and open up spaces for someone who feels proud to pull the shirt on. Maybe we reduce quality on paper but after 9 months of this it can't get any worse.

122 days

And that's the point. It's not been overnight, it's been a rapid decline over a long time.

Understand tactics better like not exposing your fullbacks with a system that clearly, no-one in the dressing room agrees with.

That said, I have some empathy with your point but that only leads to one conclusion - that he is not capable of doing anything with this squad. Generally, when one wheel falls off its not that hard to identify the problem. When all 4 fall off its not down to one thing alone.

Terrible tactical awareness in the coaching staff
Terrible spirit in the dressing room with players who don't deserve to pull the shirt on
Birds coming home to roost over our transfer / contract policy

One problem can usually be solved but all three at the same time?
doesnt help when your right back goes missing, doesn't mark the guy hugging the left wing and lets him run at his central defenders unchecked

Terrible tactical awareness of the coaching staff?
I'm pretty sure they didn't instruct their team to leave Harry Winks to defend the centre of the pitch against the entire Bayern midfield or to pass the ball to him on the edge of the penalty box when marked by 3 of their midfield
They cottoned on to the fact that if you tie Winks up you don't have anyone between them and our back 3
(Aurier didn't count as a defender)

or that the team would simply give up and not try

Back
Top Bottom