Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You weren’t far of......the champions league bit
giphy.gif

How's this for timing? Got a call this morning to say that a guy at work has managed to get me tickets for the Bayern game in Munich at €100! Actually made me smile........more hysterical laughter tbh
Somehow I don't think it's worth the bother. Unless of course you're in the mood for beer and sausages!

Know what you mean, some not very nice stuff to deal with at the mo, and Spurs are supposed to give me moments of escapism, not add to my woes! Ah well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, character is like a photograph, developes in the dark, etc etc. Keep your chin up :)
Unfortunately it's killing me, not making me stronger.

Know what you mean, some not very nice stuff to deal with at the mo, and Spurs are supposed to give me moments of escapism, not add to my woes! Ah well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, character is like a photograph, developes in the dark, etc etc. Keep your chin up :)

Showing your age Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman . Photography these days is taking a selfie and having it on Instagram 2 mins later.

I have my trout pout nailed.

So he has a preferred method of playing the game, and that differs from every manager in the world - how?

As to tactical inflexibility, he has played a back three and a back 4. He has put out 433 and 442 and this diamond formation that has been fluid depending on who has been in the line up.
He has even changed formations mid game.

How does that make him inflexible?

No, ofc managers have preferred way of playing.
Just some have ability to create plan B... REACTIVELY. Yes, Poch has changed formations mid-game. After we have been spanked because he was not PROACTIVELY thinking ahead what kind of team we play against.

We never consider option that maybe some times when opposite team defenders are physically strong but slowish, maybe we could play frontline of Son-Moura-Alli, and bring Kane on as super-sub?
Or if opposite team fails to break down defense, then maybe pick conservative lineup and lets smother them in the defense and hit on the counter.
Nope. Always playing high defensive line, and when Kane can walk, he starts. Not to mention his favourites who can't almost do no wrong...

Well 36 hours to calm down and reflect on Tuesday's 'performance'.

In the first 30 minutes I thought we'd take them. Bad misses from Son and Ndombele, Then came our usual pre-half time concession. Then it was all downhill.

Remember we came up against an elite European team (that could go all the way this year) and seemed whenever they touched the ball it found our net.

Last twenty, some players should be looking in the mirror and ask whether they gave their all.

Remember we support this club unconditionally and we should get behind them for the next 'biggest game this season' against Brighton. Win, lose or draw we'll still be here Sunday.

Well 36 hours to calm down and reflect on Tuesday's 'performance'.

In the first 30 minutes I thought we'd take them. Bad misses from Son and Ndombele, Then came our usual pre-half time concession. Then it was all downhill.

Remember we came up against an elite European team (that could go all the way this year) and seemed whenever they touched the ball it found our net.

Last twenty, some players should be looking in the mirror and ask whether they gave their all.

Remember we support this club unconditionally and we should get behind them for the next 'biggest game this season' against Brighton. Win, lose or draw we'll still be here Sunday.

Thats not a bad analysis to be fair.

The score line is distressing, but it must be said every chance they had they took. Sonny, Tanguy as you point out, didnt. I Remember thinking, " will this come back to bite us ", and it sure did.

The most worrying part of your post is the part where you reference the last 20. That to me is a much bigger issue than the scoreline ( and thats saying something). . It was spineless. We gifted them 3 goals. Im sorry but that doesn't rest only with the players who may have folded.

Thats on all of them, including Poch.

Shameful last 10-20 minutes at home. Ive backed Poch in the past. Im at a point now, where he needs to take ownership here. If players are tanking, DONT play them. Whatever is happening behind the scenes, he must now address. Theres a reason managers are paid 8.5 mil per season..

I've never been fond of a goalkeeper being captain but yesterday made it very clear its a Lloris problem more than anything. Spot the difference between him and Neuer (both GK captains), the latter always seems to be directing his defence and giving them hell, when appropriate. Ours goes in his shell and give off the thousand yard stare.
Yep, we saw Neuer harassing the ref, bollocking his defence... Lloris looked a bit sad.

No, ofc managers have preferred way of playing.
Just some have ability to create plan B... REACTIVELY. Yes, Poch has changed formations mid-game. After we have been spanked because he was not PROACTIVELY thinking ahead what kind of team we play against.

We never consider option that maybe some times when opposite team defenders are physically strong but slowish, maybe we could play frontline of Son-Moura-Alli, and bring Kane on as super-sub?
Or if opposite team fails to break down defense, then maybe pick conservative lineup and lets smother them in the defense and hit on the counter.
Nope. Always playing high defensive line, and when Kane can walk, he starts. Not to mention his favourites who can't almost do no wrong...
what was he doing selecting a 25 goal a season striker valued anywhere between 150- 200 million quid at current rates eh?

what a twat

what was he doing selecting a 25 goal a season striker valued anywhere between 150- 200 million quid at current rates eh?

what a twat

Good. You are an absolutist as well. Then I am not at all surprised that Poch can do no wrong for you.

FFS I've never said that Kane should not start like 90% of our important games nor that he should not be our no 1 striker. But hey, things are always 100% black or 100% white, right. Absolutely nothing inbetween. Your world has to be extremely simple then.

Good. You are an absolutist as well. Then I am not at all surprised that Poch can do no wrong for you.

FFS I've never said that Kane should not start like 90% of our important games nor that he should not be our no 1 striker. But hey, things are always 100% black or 100% white, right. Absolutely nothing inbetween. Your world has to be extremely simple then.
not at all, but if I had a fit Harry Kane then I'd play him - because he scores goals

I'm just amazed that people would drop him. My only argument with his selection was for the cup final, I would have started Moura and brought Kane on in the second half

My what a twat comment wan't directed at you - it was a joke about Poch for selecting him.

And park your "Poch love" comments as well please, I'm not an apologist for failure, but neither am I going to advocate pouring scorn and blame on the man who has produced the best Spurs football team I have witnessed since the 60s
My money is on him getting things back on track, given the support he needs.

I still haven't seen anyone come up with an affordable and credible alternative either.

not at all, but if I had a fit Harry Kane then I'd play him - because he scores goals

I'm just amazed that people would drop him. My only argument with his selection was for the cup final, I would have started Moura and brought Kane on in the second half

My what a twat comment wan't directed at you - it was a joke about Poch for selecting him.

And park your "Poch love" comments as well please, I'm not an apologist for failure, but neither am I going to advocate pouring scorn and blame on the man who has produced the best Spurs football team I have witnessed since the 60s
My money is on him getting things back on track, given the support he needs.

I still haven't seen anyone come up with an affordable and credible alternative either.

Okay, then parts of it I misunderstood.
I guess we can agree that he has to play (and start) most of the games for sure.

But regarding your last sentence - for 1,000,000th time - you have not and you might will not. None of us have time to scout, compare, follow, analyse all the talented coaches in Europe. This is a full time job. We don't get paid for it. I also doubt that you would have suggested at the moment of AVB sack (before you read speculation/news) that Pochettino would be our next coach. But he was. And did overall splendid job.

Hoping this scenario will happen with new manager (who will hopefully appointed ASAP) as well.

Back
Top Bottom