Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen much if Roles, but what I have seen kind of reminds me of what I am seeing in Mason Mount? Just gets involved and is actually quite productive with the ball.

Not sure about the Mason Mount reference, but I'd suggest Roles :
- As a youngster was being played as a defender, moved to CM in u18's and only further forward as an AM about 2 years ago (now aged 20)
- Versatile player, as AM possibly best on left but has played on right, centre and even a false no 9.
- Always had goals in him even when playing as a defender or CM.
- Tenacious and tries hard - probably the secret of his success as in the past there have been players seen as better (technically better) than him, but less dedicated to improve themselves.
- Excellent finisher - both at distance and in box, right foot, left foot and heading (which is probably his weakest finish). Good vision and awareness of where both Spurs and opposition players are on the pitch - last season, spotted the Swansea u21 gk off his line and sent a shot from the half way line (unfortunately hit roof of net, but kudos for trying) - and good concentration. Decent set piece taker - scored pen in pre-season 2019 as first of youngsters asked to step up.
- Team player who comes alive when has a sight of goal, and hard worker.
- Of the current Spurs players I'd liken him most to Dele in his first season or two at Spurs.

Not sure about the Mason Mount reference, but I'd suggest Roles :
- As a youngster was being played as a defender, moved to CM in u18's and only further forward as an AM about 2 years ago (now aged 20)
- Versatile player, as AM possibly best on left but has played on right, centre and even a false no 9.
- Always had goals in him even when playing as a defender or CM.
- Tenacious and tries hard - probably the secret of his success as in the past there have been players seen as better (technically better) than him, but less dedicated to improve themselves.
- Excellent finisher - both at distance and in box, right foot, left foot and heading (which is probably his weakest finish). Good vision and awareness of where both Spurs and opposition players are on the pitch - last season, spotted the Swansea u21 gk off his line and sent a shot from the half way line (unfortunately hit roof of net, but kudos for trying) - and good concentration. Decent set piece taker - scored pen in pre-season 2019 as first of youngsters asked to step up.
- Team player who comes alive when has a sight of goal, and hard worker.
- Of the current Spurs players I'd liken him most to Dele in his first season or two at Spurs.
Yep like the list mate. IMO His biggest attribute is his attitude, he's an absolute grafter, relentless work rate. If he grafts the same way in training as he does on the pitch in-game then without any doubt he will make it as a pro. Hopefully, that's at Spurs although there are no guarantees for this to happen, as his technical ability isn't quite at the highest level. But that's not the end of the Wolrd if his work rate allows him to contribute like Perryman, Keane and I'll even include Vardy (who I don't rate as a baller).

Yep like the list mate. IMO His biggest attribute is his attitude, he's an absolute grafter, relentless work rate. If he grafts the same way in training as he does on the pitch in-game then without any doubt he will make it as a pro. Hopefully, that's at Spurs although there are no guarantees for this to happen, as his technical ability isn't quite at the highest level. But that's not the end of the Wolrd if his work rate allows him to contribute like Perryman, Keane and I'll even include Vardy (who I don't rate as a baller).

Good summary mate. Agreed on the technical ability and the work rate which is overcoming that.

Jamie Bowden called up for Republic of Ireland u19s - his first call up at any level of international

Max Tainio called up for Finland u19 - seemed to be back from injury

Jack Roles called up for Cyprus u 21s - and Anthony Georgiou for full Cyprus side

Last edited:

Spurs u23 away at Colchester in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday @ 7.30

Not sure if the likes of Troy Parrott wiill be added to the u23 squad and maybe see Alfie Whiteman getting a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom