Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just home from work. I know the score but should I watch the game? All your comments make it sound like a horror film. Shall I avoid this, have a large drink and go shag the wife or are there any redeeming features to be gained by watching it?
Watch it and the shag the wife.....she’ll call you Mr Stallion from that moment on

Just home from work. I know the score but should I watch the game? All your comments make it sound like a horror film. Shall I avoid this, have a large drink and go shag the wife or are there any redeeming features to be gained by watching it?
Forget the wife...it wasn't that bad.

I was very optimistic this morning, was expecting easy win 4-0
At 2-0 still first half I had the belief we will win
We lost 3-0

The worst part I am not upset but disappointed and getting used to losing ways just as I was in the 90s just like Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor

No chance! Why take a leap into the unknown on the whim of a few ill informed morons,?
However will it mean we are saving £350m a week or is that a lie?

Absolutely true mate

Naturally

It was on the bus we should have parked

Yes, a demerit in his line. I imagine the dier one was pride vs Mourinho becasue Dier was already behind Vic at the time. I imagine most were pretty comfortable with that arrangement. I was.

Yes, random flip-flopping does occur but that is different from changing your opinion based on new evidence or having been at the front of the queue with unpopular opinions that ultimately become conventional wisdom. Both get lumped into that dismissive hindsight charge.

Potentially yes; the same can apply for many a generalisation. Individual's are always welcome to use their posting history to prove themselves a minority exception to the 'rule'. Knowing the some of the populous here, I stand by my statement in the meantime.

But that would have depended on how the proceeds were utilized, right? If we sold Dele and Dier and got Neymar would those folks have been angry? If we sold them and shopped at WestHam then I can understand.

Indeed. (Not Neymar though.... He's a shit-cunt.)

....You are aware there are some that will seize and manipulate any situation in order to stick the boot in on their chosen bad-guy though, I assume?

Remember this summer... Levy was magically not a tight cunt for a whole day when we signed Ndombele... That sentiment was laughably shortlived however.

...Maybe the 2 out 1 in scenario you describe above would have triggered complaints of leaving us short numbers wise. It's the tiresome endless, cyclical 'joy' of any transfer window.

This is the point you are missing. Dele never performed, he scored. His performances were always that of a very raw player. His goal contributions always outpaced his actual play and I would expect a manager to see that considering how much time they have to see it.

Performed/produced... Call it what you will.

Indeed, he was young and raw... Worth a gamble/perceverence... Not like we'd 'bought high' and were obliged to think of recovering our investment. Tho no longer a kid; at 23, Id suggest he's far from a lost cause now.... Work ethic is key from here on.

Did we actually ever receive a crazy money bid for him? Not to my understanding...

No cunt gets to the crossed...lamela flaps a fucking leg at it ffs
Lamela should take a look at the Liverpool v Leicester game, one of worlds best strikers Sadio Mane tracked back all game and made crucial tackles / blocks on Leicester left winger all game. Spurs midfielders standing around watching ("i'll leave it for the other guy")

The Spanish philosopher, Santayana, said, " Those who cannot remember the past are forever condemned to repeat it". I think Poch is a perfect example. He just never ever learns or looks inward at where the problems might be. Without this type of introspection, he will eventually destroy any club he leads regardless of the available talent. For this reason alone, he should go before the destruction process is complete.

Back
Top Bottom