What was the first game you went to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Charidee shield 1981. Two all draw against the villa.

Spurs fans climbing Wembley to get in, youngsters like me down the front, large West Indian man offering anyone swigs from his whisky bottle, my old man accepted, hooked for life.

September 1995
3-1 win vs Wimbledon.

Our team featured “legends” such as Dean Austin, Clive Wilson and Gerry McMahon.

Vinny Jones was playing that day for Wimbledon and loved being the pantomime villain, was laughing every time he was booed taking throw ins
I remember this quite well as it was the first game I went to with mates and no parent supervision. My mum was worried about crowd trouble as Wimbledon were a really dirty side and she thought that their fans would be cut from the same cloth. I reassured her this wouldn't be an issue on the basis of Wimbledon not having any fans!

I remember this quite well as it was the first game I went to with mates and no parent supervision. My mum was worried about crowd trouble as Wimbledon were a really dirty side and she thought that their fans would be cut from the same cloth. I reassured her this wouldn't be an issue on the basis of Wimbledon not having any fans!
Er, June whitfield..

30 th march 1968.. stood on the lower shelf .. my first game but deemed old enough that day by my eldest brother.
Youngest of 4 boys all at the game ..we met dad and my uncle henry outside woolworths on stamford hill when they finished there saturday morning shift which in them days part of the working week
Spurs 5 -0 burnley
Jimmy greaves scored twice.mike england ..cliff jones and terry venables..

Am told there were games before this, but the first one I can actually remember attending was a Football Combination game away to the scum in March '71. (0-0)
First League game was at home to Huddersfield in August '71. Won 4-1 and I can still see Chivers jumping majestically, to score with a header at the Paxton.

Sure I've already done this, but here goes. November 1969 v Sheffield Wednesday, won 1-0, Roger Morgan with the winner. Do not think he scored many, but don't remember much of the game TBH, but I do recall walking into the ground for the first time, took my breath away and straight away felt at home. Greaves' last season and Stevie's first. I was thirteen and next month will be my 50th anniversary.

Last edited:
April 1990 Vs Coventry. I was 9 and I still remember walking up to and into WHL for the first time. It was amazing.
A 3-2 win thanks to Stewart and Lineker (x2) goals.

Sure I've already done this, but here goes. November 1969 v Sheffield Wednesday, won 1-0, Roger Morgan with the winner. Do not think he scored many, but don't remember much of the game TBH, but I do recall waking into the ground for the first time, took my breath away and straight away felt at home. Greaves' last season and Stevie's first. I was thirteen and next month will be my 50th anniversary.
QPR must have had a decent scout in East London back then.
Aside from the Morgan twins, I'm sure that Mick Leach also played for the E17 schools team.

Tottenham 1 - 1 Swindon, 23rd October 1993.

Jason Dozzel scored for us and we conceded a penalty. I was only 6 but I could tell it was an awful match! I was gutted as Sheringham was injured a few games before, A broken leg against Utd I think (could be wrong). Great day out with my old man and grandad though!

Back
Top Bottom