What was the first game you went to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, when I saw Spurs the first time I wasn't too fond of a certain english club. My club in Austria was bought by Red Bull (twunts), so I stopped following them, and with the newly founded original team I never felt the same connection.
In 2007 I went on a trip to London with friends to watch a few games and I instantly fell in love with Spurs.
The game was the league cup against Blackpool, on the 31.10.2007. We won 2-0, goals by Keane and Chimbonda. I was in the shelf immediately felt a deep connection to the club, as I admired the self-irony of the fan base as well as the Lane itself. Since then Spurs are my team and basically it's the only team I follow/watch games. Since then many visits to the Lane followed and the connection deepened with every time I was there.

COYS

Spurs v wolves semi final replay

1981 at Highbury
3-0
My cousin took me and we got tickets off a tout outside for the wolves end.
Loved all the wolves fans crying at the end.

COYS

First game out of London.

1st November 1980
Everton v Spurs
2-2
Archie with both.

Then also became an Aberdeen fan.
Was at the game too. They gave us a tiny section of the Park End. A load of Spurs arrived late and had to go into the side standing enclosure, ( what is now the away end these days) and it started to kick off.

Well, when I saw Spurs the first time I wasn't too fond of a certain english club. My club in Austria was bought by Red Bull (twunts), so I stopped following them, and with the newly founded original team I never felt the same connection.
In 2007 I went on a trip to London with friends to watch a few games and I instantly fell in love with Spurs.
The game was the league cup against Blackpool, on the 31.10.2007. We won 2-0, goals by Keane and Chimbonda. I was in the shelf immediately felt a deep connection to the club, as I admired the self-irony of the fan base as well as the Lane itself. Since then Spurs are my team and basically it's the only team I follow/watch games. Since then many visits to the Lane followed and the connection deepened with every time I was there.

COYS

Excellent use of the word Twunt.

How does that translate into German?

Crystal Palace in the early 80's...we lost..in fact I have never seen us beat CP ever...fucking ever, I even went to the FA cup game at the lane 3 years ago and we sodding lost again..I now avoid CP like the plague..

April 15th 1963 was when I lost my heart to this club (8 years old). Spurs vs Liverpool and guess the score....another 7-2 but in our favour this time :thumbup: . Jimmy Greaves scored four that day and became my idol. A few legends on the pitch then, Greaves,Mackay, White, Hunt and Yeats. Three Welshmen on the pitch too, Mel Hopkins and Cliff Jones for us and Allan Jones for the scousers.
A magical moment with the whole world (well so it seemed to me) a sea of Spurs supporters singing and cheering. Two of the greatest managers head to head, Nicholson and Shankly. Happy Days.....

April 15th 1963 was when I lost my heart to this club (8 years old). Spurs vs Liverpool and guess the score....another 7-2 but in our favour this time :thumbup: . Jimmy Greaves scored four that day and became my idol. A few legends on the pitch then, Greaves,Mackay, White, Hunt and Yeats. Three Welshmen on the pitch too, Mel Hopkins and Cliff Jones for us and Allan Jones for the scousers.
A magical moment with the whole world (well so it seemed to me) a sea of Spurs supporters singing and cheering. Two of the greatest managers head to head, Nicholson and Shankly. Happy Days.....
Remember the game. Easter Monday. Spurs had lost 2-5 at Anfield on Good Friday.

Spurs 2 Bolton Wanderers 0
26th October 2008 - yes Arry’s first game in charge! 😁
Pavlychenko and Bent goals.
Attendance : 35,507.
Remember the clocks had changed, switched on tv to check got time right before setting off, saw on ticker tape that Ramos out, Harry in, heard more about Spurs plans on the radio driving up than had heard in the whole of the Ramos era, very happy day.

Back
Top Bottom