Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reality is Woolwich would happily burn those Fa cups piss on them and throw them out the window if they could replace them with a couple of years in the CL.

The FA cup wins done nothing for them in terms if moving them forward, they have done the square root of fuck all in the competitions they really value ie the CL and PL.

The Fa cup winners win 3.6 million prize money, for participating in the CL group stages each team gets 2.5 million per game just for turning up, if you lose all six games you get 15 million if you draw a game you get an additional 900k and 2.7 mil for the win, every additional stage of the CL is worth 9-15 million per round.

The reality is you are guaranteed to more than quadruple the prize money of an fa Cup win just for being in the group stages if you win every game in the groups it's nearly 9 times more which in turn guaranteed 9.5 million prize money in the last 16 taking your total to 11 times more, based on today's prize money the average annual Woolwich capitulation in the CL would net them about 35 million ! Spurs by my calculations would have made 70 million last year in prize money, so about 10 times and 20 times more prize money than an fa Cup win respectively.

I also wish winning an FA Cup ranked way above finishing 4th every year but the reality is in a world where clubs need to pay top players at least 10 million a year then the pragmatist is always going to prevail over the purist and play his strongest hand chasing the pot of gold in the CL, the FA cup is dead and will do little for a club in terms of the bigger picture and that's not even accounting for increased sponsorship and gates from the CL.
I find a supporter of a traditional cup team like us with this kind of opinion to be disturbing-you sound like an accountant. Qualifying for the cl and winning domestic cups ARENT mutually exclusive ffs, Woolwich won fucking 8 of them while being in the top four for 95% of that era.
City chelsea united and liverpool have won literally dozens of domestic trophies between them in the 20 years we have won two league cups-now look what else they've all won ffs.
Winning is a mentality and it breeds the mindset for winning other trophies, fuck the prize money its a trophy we are and should have been capable of winning more than once in 25 years while everyone else has passed us by.

I'd kill to have won 8 fa cups in the last 20 years and if we had it doesnt necessarily mean we would have been going nowhere despite the trophies-ridiculous statement.

I find a supporter of a traditional cup team like us with this kind of opinion to be disturbing-you sound like an accountant. Qualifying for the cl and winning domestic cups ARENT mutually exclusive ffs, Woolwich won fucking 8 of them while being in the top four for 95% of that era.
City chelsea united and liverpool have won literally dozens of domestic trophies between them in the 20 years we have won two league cups-now look what else they've all won ffs.
Winning is a mentality and it breeds the mindset for winning other trophies, fuck the prize money its a trophy we are and should have been capable of winning more than once in 25 years while everyone else has passed us by.

I'd kill to have won 8 fa cups in the last 20 years and if we had it doesnt necessarily mean we would have been going nowhere despite the trophies-ridiculous statement.

It's not my opinion you should reread the post, but it is the reality.

I hardly post now, too negative here

:memelol:

Me too - it was different in the 90s. Too many entitled gooners on here

Thing is, we've had darker days... we all know we have.

Problem is that Sky's new brand of Premier League football has you believe the league is over if your not top in October.... and all the fallout/ckickbait from irate fans is mere money in the pocket for the websites.... they WANT us to be angry in October 'cos we're not top.... and both team AND fans are obliging willingly!

Yeah it’s all to do with Sky and nothing to do with us losing 2-7 to Bayern and 3-0 to Brighton. Ungrateful bastards

Had an FA cup final tradition all through childhood and teens too-it was the one day I was allowed in the pub all day with my old man and his buddies and had bottomless coke and crisps every year. Absolutely loved it and always watched it into my 20's and further.
Watched ten mins of last years and honestly watching Woolwich lift it so many times while we couldn't ever get to a final again and the pain of so many fucking shite semi final defeats I am also done.
Sad state of affairs whats happening and its just a microcosm of football in general.
The money and lack of respect for tradition in the game nowadays is abhorrent.
Same here, used to get up and watch the TV coverage with my Dad as soon as it began. Teams leaving the hotel, teams arriving, Question of Sport special edition involving the rival fans etc etc. Have some neighbours and friends round and have a raffle for who would score the first goal and then corned beef pie and brown sauce for half time refreshments :thumbup:. End of an era, never watch it now.

Money Money Money......a year ago we gave all our elite players bumper new contracts to put them in line with other elite players, I mean every pundit said we should do this, every fan who called Levy a tight bastard said we need to do this....hell we even offered Sissoko a new contract🙄........And how do the players thank the chairman, the club, the fans??

They said football clubs were becoming a business, true, but worse than that players are becoming business men themselves!!

I haven't even looked at the Premier League results for the last two weeks. I know some of them because they are unavoidable but i never look for them specifically.

The Championship is far more interesting.
Surely you're not checking out our opponents for next season??????

Joke people.......a sick one granted, but just a joke (I hope!!!🤞)

Last edited:
Surely you're not checking out our opponents for next season??????

Joke people.......a sick one granted, but just a joke (I hope!!!🤞
A season in the Championship would be fun to be fair.

Easy tickets, lose all the tourists and Twitter fans.

Winksy, Parrott, Davies, Dier, KWP would tear it up. Kane might stay a season for a laugh and score about 45. Get Lennon and Chadli back.

Scott Parker can manage.

Games vs. Forest, Leeds, Wednesday, Charlton, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall. The 90s would be back.

:dembelelol:

(All following a humiliating, financially disastrous relegation, I know.)

Back
Top Bottom