Zlatan Ibrahimovic...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a jerk. A mouth as big as his nose
On the same day that he unveiled his statue he accused our current GM of being racist and not playing players from immigrant backgrounds. Turns out the squad for our first games post Zlatan's retirement was short a whopping 2 player of immigrant backgrounds compared to the Euro squad aside from Zlatan, who retired. Martin Olsson, who was injured. And Erkan Zengin, who I believe was without a club at the time.

And now we have more guys with immigrant/international backgrounds in the national team than when Zlatan played.

One of the greatest players ever

Not sure if he could cut it today but what a statement of intent especially if we could get Bale too

I can dream

I quite like Zlatan the man doesn't give a fuck, he talks the talk but he also walked the walk fair play to him the man is a natural born winner.

He and Ronaldo the last of the era that peaked in the 90s, big personalities big egos that get out there and win games

Now left with a bunch of millennials who never rock the boat and read from pre prepared statements, boring as fuck

All the goals that Salah and Aguero have scored, nobody has heard them speak, cardboard

At least Zlatan gives us a reason to watch a game

He and Ronaldo the last of the era that peaked in the 90s, big personalities big egos that get out there and win games

Now left with a bunch of millennials who never rock the boat and read from pre prepared statements, boring as fuck

All the goals that Salah and Aguero have scored, nobody has heard them speak, cardboard

At least Zlatan gives us a reason to watch a game

A bit harsh on Aguero and Salah.

But the points on this thread about an absolute egomaniac are correct.

Big mouth, big head, pain in the arse of course but nobody can doubt he has been right up there.

And even today if he were in our squad or United's both would be in a much better state, with a few players from both teams told some real home truths.

A bit harsh on Aguero and Salah.

But the points on this thread about an absolute egomaniac are correct.

Big mouth, big head, pain in the arse of course but nobody can doubt he has been right up there.

And even today if he were in our squad or United's both would be in a much better state, with a few players from both teams told some real home truths.
Often think though that it's that attitude which makes them the players they are. Superbly gifted but with an arrogant self confidence in their abilities. They have a swagger about them that subconsciously demands top performances in order to survive. I think possibly unknowingly they mentally force themselves to give of their best in order to maintain and feed their massive egos. Ronaldo and Zlatan being two perfect examples.

Often think though that it's that attitude which makes them the players they are. Superbly gifted but with an arrogant self confidence in their abilities. They have a swagger about them that subconsciously demands top performances in order to survive. I think possibly unknowingly they mentally force themselves to give of their best in order to maintain and feed their massive egos. Ronaldo and Zlatan being two perfect examples.
I agree. If Zlatan had a "I will offend no one" mentality he would not have made it as far as he has. Some people can get as far as they want in life by just being nice, some need an edge.

Mate, it's 100% that.

We can see it but we could never replicate it because I certainly believe such individuals are born with it or acquire it in early years.

The strange thing is there is also a group who are equally as talented but less demanding of themselves and thus settle for short periods of brilliance. Examples would be Ginola and Ben Arfa to name 2.

We have nobody even close. We lack in truth so much in terms of character and strength and pride of performance.

Last edited:

Everyone who is successful has a huge ego it just manifests itself differently, just because Messi appears slightly more humble than Zlatan or Cristiano don't assume his ego isn't huge.

Everyone who is successful has a huge ego it just manifests itself differently, just because Messi appears slightly more humble than Zlatan or Cristiano don't assume his ego isn't huge.
Oh I certainly don't. I always liken Messi (showing my age here) to the tennis player Bjorn Borg. A natural genius and ice cool when playing but privately his ego knew no bounds apparently.

Back
Top Bottom