Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is not a told you so or dig, but a genuine question.

Those who have disagreed with me for two about this guy, when did you start to feel that he’s not very good anymore?

As far as I remember it wasn’t last season, because it was just “injury and fatigue”, and critique means you “hate him”.

Have you come to this conclusion in the three games he’s played this season?

Weird

Those who have disagreed with me for two about this guy, when did you start to feel that he’s not very good anymore?

As far as I remember it wasn’t last season, because it was just “injury and fatigue”, and critique means you “hate him”.

Weird
I remember a quite hard hitting rant from paddy spur paddy spur at me last season when I said Dele wasn't all that and needed to be moved on. Paddy went in hard and called him 'a big game player'! Hmmm...

Weird
I agreed with you he wasn’t good last season yet disagreed that he be dropped. There’s a world class player in there. We just need to find him again.

Are injuries taking their toll? Possibly. Using him in the wrong position? Maybe. I’ve no idea really. None of us do. I would like to see him further up the park. And Kane further up too to give Dele some room to play.

But yes, he’s massively underperformed for about 18 months now.

Hes had injuries hes coming back. I know hell be back as a top player for Tottenham. You keep up with kicking players when there down routine.
He was hyped to much too soon and then reached his 'ceiling' only to fall away instead of getting better or 'cleverer'. It happens. No shame in it, he can still be a PL player but with Burnley or Everton, not us.

Yep and why are you trying to denigrate him to be a good burnly player. Dele is a terrific talent and you might of notice that none of the squad is exactly ripping up trees. Dele is and will be a terrific player.
Nope. Told you last season and you had a pop. He has gone backwards since then yet you still try to claim something that is not true at all. Needs to be moved on. It's as simple as that.

Dele has always looked like a confidence player to me.
Never will posses bursting pace to run at players, and relies on skill / tricks to beat men.
Confidence is shot - so is the player.

Once his confidence is back, he will be firing again.
It could be a long road though as he naturally moves away from the youthful confidence he used to posses.

Dele has always looked like a confidence player to me.
Never will posses bursting pace to run at players, and relies on skill / tricks to beat men.
Confidence is shot - so is the player.

Once his confidence is back, he will be firing again.
It could be a long road though as he naturally moves away from the youthful confidence he used to posses.
He's been poor for 12 months. How long till his confidence returns?

He's been poor for 12 months. How long till his confidence returns?

Who knows. At which club or under which manager - if ever.

Poch has always seemed very good for Dele, putting his arm around him, defending his darker side as he called it I think. I would like to think Dele isn't a player that has given up on Poch.

I'm all for supporting players going through bad periods - but there does come a time when something has to give. He won't be a poor performing squad player at Spurs for years.

Back
Top Bottom