Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely nailing down the England spot again after his injury season and rightly so.

Amazing how the superior Walker is being rested for the real games, and isnt dropped, like when he was shunted to CB for the World Cup.

Wasn’t that just because we didn’t have any CBs? Now the CBs are sorted, but Walker is completely omitted rather than given back his RB spot against the Champo level Trippier....

:harrylol:

Custard Pie to the face of all you fans who slagged off a very good and solid player who always gave 100%

Custard Pie to the face of Pochettino who wrote off Trippier then played 4 different players at RB in the first 7 games while Spurs implode.

Shame on you

Absolutely nailing down the England spot again after his injury season and rightly so.

Amazing how the superior Walker is being rested for the real games, and isnt dropped, like when he was shunted to CB for the World Cup.

Wasn’t that just because we didn’t have any CBs? Now the CBs are sorted, but Walker is completely omitted rather than given back his RB spot against the Champo level Trippier....

Custard Pie to the face of all you fans who slagged off a very good and solid player who always gave 100%

Custard Pie to the face of Pochettino who wrote off Trippier then played 4 different players at RB in the first 7 games while Spurs implode.

Shame on you
I am glad he is doing ok. I never wanted him to leave.

I don't think Poch wrote him off. He started him in the CL final.

Trippier got an offer from a more esteemed club and wanted to go, so we let him.

"I spoke to the manager about his plans and I didn't get a 'yes' and I didn't get a 'no'—so you get the impression. The manager didn't say he wanted to move me on and I tried to speak to the chairman about it.
"It's not nice when you know the club want to sell you. I heard rumours about them selling me and it's not nice but it happens and it's football. It's disappointing. I gave everything for the club and I wanted to stay. I had another couple of years left but everything happens for a reason."

Little far fetched to try and impky we did him a favour but deep down we wanted him.
23Mfor Englands no.1 RB, says we didnt give a fuck. As the quotes show.

Shame on you

He was an easy scapegoat until the realisation the whole team was playing like shit.

His individual errors came before we as fans knew how terrible we really are as a whole. He was an easy scapegoat.

A bit weak of Poch not to give him a yes or a no in regards to future plans. Nobody likes to live in limbo. Perhaps there is something to what Trips was referring to when he said there is unrest behind the scenes.

I'm really glad he is tearing it up over there. As I think are most fans.

Ergo selling him was a mistake
Yeah, the mistake was not finally signing a good and solid right-back; obviously should've done that a long time ago and it has been costing us for years now.. I mean look at Trippier, Aurier, KWP etc... Even dogshite midfielder Sissoko and the centre-backs Foyth and Davinson have played there.

Yeah, the mistake was not finally signing a good and solid right-back; obviously should've done that a long time ago and it has been costing us for years now.

What’s it cost us? The CL final? CL qualification?
Trophies? Or the odd goal?
Has the RB area cost us more goals than Lloris?

Has our attack suffered more form blank firing sideways passing “crab” football from the AMs or the RB? Those games where we’ve had 26 shots and lost without scoring was on Trippier?

Far from it costing us down the years any more than the rest of the team and manager, I think THIS season has been by far the most telling just how disastrous the situation is

While low and behold, Tripper isn’t even here. He’s tearing it up for club and country elsewhere.

What’s it cost us? The CL final? CL qualification?
Trophies? Or the odd goal?
Has the RB area cost us more goals than Lloris?

Has our attack suffered more form blank firing sideways passing “crab” football from the AMs or the RB? Those games where we’ve had 26 shots and lost without scoring was on Trippier?

Far from it costing us down the years any more than the rest of the team and manager, I think THIS season has been by far the most telling just how disastrous the situation is

While low and behold, Tripper isn’t even here. He’s tearing it up for club and country elsewhere.
You are so in denial and in another football universe at times.. In which Van Dijk is shit and strictly average full-back Trippier is Cafu 2.0, enjoyable nevertheless.

You are so in denial and in another football universe at times.. In which Van Dijk is shit and strictly average full-back Trippier is Cafu 2.0, enjoyable nevertheless.

Why does everyone keep bringing up VVD?
Because you thought he was good for one season in his entire ten year career?

Congrats to everyone who saw a handful of Liverpool games and decided he’s Maldini.

And answer honestly, has Trippier cost us more goals than Lloris.....off the top of my head, I can think of 6 absolute howlers and I know there’s probably about ten.
Two were this very season. The list is endless...

How many mistakes could be attributed to Jan and Toby down the years....or Rose? Or Walker both here and at City.

It’s a myth that Trippier was the problem.

Can’t you see we are ten times worse than we EVER were with him in the team?

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep bringing up VVD?
Because you thought he was good for one season in his entire ten year career?

Congrats to everyone who saw a handful of Liverpool games and decided he’s Maldini.

And answer honestly, has Trippier cost us more goals than Lloris.....off the top of my head, I can’t think of 6 absolute howlers and I know there’s probably about ten.
Two were this very season. The list is endless...

How many mistakes could be attributed to Jan and Toby down the years....or Rose? Or Walker both here and at City.

It’s a myth that Trippier was the problem.

Can’t you see we are ten times worse than we EVER were with him in the team?
Trippier was absolutely dogshite for us last season, one of the worst full-backs in the league and not even 20 percent of the player Pereira was at fucking Leicester(!), and of course that is a huge problem for any club with ambition, the worrying thing is that we didn't sign a proper right-back.

Trippier was absolutely dogshite for us last season, one of the worst full-backs in the league, and of course that is a huge problem for any club with ambition, the worrying thing is that we didn't sign a proper right-back.

And he admitted it.
Maybe you think World Cup fatigue and injuries only counted for Eriksen Kane and Dele? Like everyone else does.

And maybe you think being out for 45 days with a groin and then ankle injury should have no effect on his form, but Eriksen missing two weeks with a belly ache and Dele breaking his hand was an eternal excuse for being fucking shit.

Oh well.....have you asked yourself whether Lloris cost us more goals yet?
Or don’t you want to go there?

And he admitted it.
Maybe you think World Cup fatigue and injuries only counted for Eriksen Kane and Dele? Like everyone else does.

And maybe you think being out for 45 days with a groin and then ankle injury should have no effect on his form, but Eriksen missing two weeks with a belly ache and Dele breaking his hand was an eternal excuse for being fucking shit.

Oh well.....have you asked yourself whether Lloris cost us more goals yet?
Or don’t you want to go there?
Maybe if he had ever shown that he was a quality full-back for us and I can appreciate the odd decent cross and an average player who is at least trying hard, but defensively he has always been a Championship player and that's simply not good enough for us, we should have bought a good right-back the minute we sold Walker in 2017, it has been a huge worry ever since.

Last edited:
Maybe if he had ever shown that he was a quality full-back for us and I can appreciate the odd decent cross and an average playing who is at least trying hard, but defensively he has always been a Championship player and that's simply not good enough for us, we should have bought a good right-back the minute we sold Walker in 2017, it has been a huge worry ever since.

So we qualified for the CL for three straight seasons despite the RB?

And now the whole squad “needs replacing” because we are totally shit and will not make top 4, despite the RB leaving?

But our problems were the RB?

So we qualified for the CL for three straight seasons despite the RB?
You can get decent or even great results with one or even multiple mediocre players in the team, Leicester won the league with Danny Simpson (now playing for Huddersfield) at right-back; we reached the CL final with a dogshite full-back like Trippier, doesn't mean that you don't need to replace them if you have any serious ambition.

You can get decent or even great results with one or even multiple mediocre players in the team, Leicester won the league with Danny Simpson (now playing for Huddersfield) at right-back; we reached the CL final with a dogshite full-back like Trippier, doesn't mean that you don't need to replace them if you have any serious ambition.

Three seasons of CL football with a Champo dog shit RB?
Sounds like he was doing a good job....why replace him? oh no that’s right we didn’t replace him did we.

Ambitions? Hahahahaha
What’s our serious ambition? To try and beat Watford who haven’t won a game, then not concede ten at Anfield?

I think Trippiers ambitions are a tad higher than than ours right now.

Back
Top Bottom