Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just curious: is there anything you like about Spurs? You're on every thread saying how crap the fans or the team are :D

Yes bizarrely he loves our CBs all four apparently are better than VVD other than that he seems to hate everything about spurs including the manager, our best players, going to games, the fans you name it, and he'll tell you over and over and over. It really is the oddest thing. Thank fuck he doesn't sit near me.

Yes bizarrely he loves our CBs all four apparently are better than VVD other than that he seems to hate everything about spurs including the manager, our best players, going to games, the fans you name it, and he'll tell you over and over and over. It really is the oddest thing. Thank fuck he doesn't sit near me.

Oh I dunno. I hate spurs too sometimes but I try not to let it consume me.

And I'm sure like most spurs fans he is a good laugh in person. One of the things I love about meeting random spurs fans is the ability to laugh at ourselves. Something dippers and scumcunts will never be able to do.

Another one who thinks Dele, Eriksen and Poch is the club.

Cunts who want a new squad and chairman preaching about hating everything

After a debate where I was defending one of our ex players who someone else was calling him (and Sissoko, Foyth and Sanchez) dogshit

Hahahahaha

Last edited:
You can get decent or even great results with one or even multiple mediocre players in the team, Leicester won the league with Danny Simpson (now playing for Huddersfield) at right-back; we reached the CL final with a dogshite full-back like Trippier, doesn't mean that you don't need to replace them if you have any serious ambition.
Would you say Trippier was better than Danny Simpson?
Would you say that a serious ambition would be for us to win the league?
Can you see where I’m going with this?

Another one who thinks Dele, Eriksen and Poch is the club.

If you can find one post where I've said that I'll give a million quid to a charity of your choice.. look forward to the proof....

You just moan about everything Sammy have a day off it's fucking boring, get behind the club, go to a game even you never know you might actually enjoy yourself.

If you can find one post where I've said that I'll give a million quid to a charity of your choice.. look forward to the proof....

You just moan about everything Sammy have a day off it's fucking boring, get behind the club, go to a game even you never know you might actually enjoy yourself.

:dier:

#irony

Or he was selected as the best player at right back despite carrying an injury and played through it for the team...the same situation was aimed at Ndombele by Pochettino recently tbh.

You think Aurier or KWP would have worked out better last season?

I don't...and would easily prefer the same slightly injured Tripps in the side right now based on what we've seen tbh.

He's a better footballer than any of the full backs we've got at the moment.
WAS .... he's well past his best hence running down his career in a lesser league ... 4 assists against some fairly pony opposition this season is his best return in a decade, he simply wouldn't cut it in the EPL anymore. People compare Aurier to Tripps and that's to be expected ... Aurier has 1 Goal and 6 assists and we're only just in February .... in 5 seasons at Spurs Tripps only ever manged 2 goals and never more than 5 assists in any season, so he's not even close to Serge going forward ... both are prone to error with Serge probably more so, that weakness gets exposed in the EPL far more than in La Liga.

The harsh reality is Tripps was never quite as good as he thought he was, he's found a level that suits him and wages to match so the best of luck to him ... personally given a theoretical choice right now Serge at 27 or Tripps at 29 I'd go with Serge ....

Come the summer DM and RB are where we could make a instant big improvements, whilst we obviously need a second striker whoever that is will be a bench player behind Kane - a top Right Back and a top Defensive Midfielder would be guaranteed starters ... Tripps for me wouldn't improve us at all.

Last edited:
Or he was selected as the best player at right back despite carrying an injury and played through it for the team...the same situation was aimed at Ndombele by Pochettino recently tbh.

You think Aurier or KWP would have worked out better last season?

I don't...and would easily prefer the same slightly injured Tripps in the side right now based on what we've seen tbh.
Everyone knew he was playing through low level injury for most of last season. It was public knowledge. I often defended him last season, saying that there were limits to how harshly he could be judged when he was some unknown percentage below 100% fit.

I don't know where this idea of deception has come from.

Back
Top Bottom