January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get some firepower in tomorrow, see this season through. I really think the summer calls for a defensive overhaul though. So sick of piss poor give aways.

Need a striker do we? We don't seem to be creating many great chances for our woeful strikers to miss.

Its like blaming your lack of sex life on some perceived erectile dis function when you cant even get girl into bed.

We need a class winger to push lennon and bale, offer something extra from the bench. Dembele playing deep, we don't need him and Parker in the same team.

Need a striker do we? We don't seem to be creating many great chances for our woeful strikers to miss.

Its like blaming your lack of sex life on some perceived erectile dis function when you cant even get girl into bed.

We need a class winger to push lennon and bale, offer something extra from the bench. Dembele playing deep, we don't need him and Parker in the same team.

I'd say we need more passers in the team, Holtby seems to fill that void in midfield but we could also do with a striker capable of getting involved in build up play and laying on chances for others.

So, in short, yes - we do need a striker.

We need a player to hold the ball up when we clear it or need a plan b, whatever way you look it at. Someone who can hold the ball up for us to break with it. This need is pretty obvious to me.

I agree with this argument but think it means we need Moutinho or someone in that ilk instead.

Thats a very one dimensional way to look at it. The best strikers don't just get chances on a plate, they are fundamental in the build up that leads up to them or they make the room with clever movement.

As some of the Portuguese journalists are saying, this is probably to set themselves up for a sale in the summer, which is when his replacement is arriving. Probably hoping quality performances in the high-profile CL knockout rounds will set up a bidding war.

Back
Top Bottom