Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely don’t understand how not signing anyone in 2018 has made:

Dele shite
Eriksen shite
Jan and Toby “get old”
Poch drop Sanchez for a year
Poch stick with Rose when Davies was better
Lloris make mistakes
The defence pass to Lloris
The team not press
Sanchez a RB
KWP abandoned
Janssen not used for 4 years
The total abandonment of a DM
Lloris still captain
The team concede in 10 minutes every week
The team not defend corners
The team have no confidence
Players not sign contracts
Players not like the training
Players not like the diamond
Poch play the diamond
Poch make poor subs
Poch talk shit
Poch sell Trippier
Poch not play Lo Celso before he was injured
Poch not use Ndombele in his best role
Poch drop Moura for the CL final
Got it

So if Levy sacks Poch, appoints your manager of choice, then refused to back him with a single player in Summer 2020 or January 2021, you'll attatch 100% of the blame on the new guy and his tactics rather than criticise the man who appointed him.

I can see where we're going with this

We were there competing for the title for 3 seasons and then stand still for a season did all the damage
Probably over 5 years to recover IMO
So Poch came in after Tim and revamped the whole squad.
With players signed for him by Levy, and some he kept that were already here.

In the first four years of his tenure, we “competed for the title” in three of them.

But not signing anyone at that point has made us this shit, and we will be this shit for the next five years?

How shit was we under Tim? And how did he turn that around so quickly if all the signings under Levy were garbage?

Nothing you said makes sense. You can’t possibly believe what you just wrote.

Last edited:
Funny because they got us top 4 for 4 straight seasons.
Imagine what we could have done had he not discarded the others

Half of our best team were here before Poch

Imagine if the guys that bought those players had continued doing that role over the last 4 or ,5 years - a fair bet they'd have bought a few more top class players rather than squad players and bad buys. Eg buying Pereira rather than Aurier ( both same price in same TW)

Still on the way home from the game so I apologise in advance...

worst home performance I can remember under Pochettino. Clueless, no direction, no apparent game plan. Piss poor

The announcement of the line up made us all want to go home. We, on here, by some kind of consensus, could have picked a better, more committed, more dynamic team.

The bloke has lost it. I’ve heard that Poch hasn’t covered himself in glory with his post match comments (I’ve yet to look into all this) but I couldn’t care less now....he should’ve gone by now.

the football and the results he is judged by are fucking woeful and inadequate. WHL (or whatever we are calling it) is a toxic place right now..

as a spectacle....today’s game showcased the two worst teams in the league. Watford should’ve put Spurs away but failed. Was the goal a goal or not? I still don’t know...their fans were decent and showed a good sense of gallows humour. Ours were Emirates level quiet.
Oh brave new world...

Wanyama
Njie
Toby
Son
Trippier
Janssen
Llorente
Aurier
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Sissoko
Dele
Sessengon
Clarke
Moura
Nkoudou
Sanchez
Gazzaniga
Foyth
Wimmer
Dier
Stambouli
Vorm
Davies
Fazio

All for Poch

“ENIC don’t sign players
Do you call these signings?
The most recent ones: Nkoudo, Njie, Vincent and Serge. All sold for loss and serge will follow suit.

I can go to primark and come out with a bag bigger than your head and ego combined full of cheap stuff, just like your list above.

We were linked with proper players, the likes of Zaha, Berkley, Grealish ... all proven PL players, but your hero Levy wanted to pay half price, stupid.

I doubt it but you are right, a long way to go yet. But even if we scrape 4th, massive overhaul needed. Spend in january & big in the summer & have a rebuild even if this & next season are just transitional.
At the moment we would struggle to scrape wallpaper. The next three games are a lot, lot tougher than Watford at home. Extremely fortunate they didn't go 2-0 with the penalty decision or that would have killed the game for us.
CL then Anfield....tough week ahead.

We started with 7 defensive players against fucking Watford.

Five at the back. Winks passing the ball sideways and Sissoko running in straight lines towards the nearest bright light.

And we still fucking conceded in
Yes Pochettino the mastermind with a back 5. Absolutely going backwards from the start.

Got it

So if Levy sacks Poch, appoints your manager of choice, then refused to back him with a single player in Summer 2020 or January 2021, you'll attatch 100% of the blame on the new guy and his tactics rather than criticise the man who appointed him.

I can see where we're going with this

That doesn’t make sense to me.
If the new manager plays a diamond, or plays Kane when he’s injured, and drops in form players, and plays out of form players, and plays Sanchez at RB, and leaves Lo Celso on the bench, and doesn’t use one of our DMs then I will criticise him for that.

These aren’t diabolical managerial fuck ups that can be cured with signings.

Half of our best team were here before Poch

Imagine if the guys that bought those players had continued doing that role over the last 4 or ,5 years - a fair bet they'd have bought a few more top class players rather than squad players and bad buys. Eg buying Pereira rather than Aurier ( both same price in same TW)

Well then clearly he’s not the miracle worker we all heard about then. Sounds like he inherited a team....ouch

Oh and Poch personally spoke to Aurier and he subsequently joined. Ouch

...and, for what it's worth, for the pricks in the South Stand lower looking at me like I'd just raped their nan and pissed on her body for DARING to stand up and have the TEMERITY to sing during the first half... shame on you... I hope you enjoyed your fucking day out...
I'm sorry it wasn't as pleasing as the American Football... like you'd hoped!

....oh, and you can stick your fucking selfie stick up your Arse!

yeah basically this. Tourist fans now. Makes me sad, being used to the old south lower... even in the mid 90's and we all know how bad that side was

Well then clearly he’s not the miracle worker we all heard about then. Sounds like he inherited a team....ouch

Oh and Poch personally spoke to Aurier and he subsequently joined. Ouch
Poch may have personally spoke to Aurier but it must have been out of no option when Levy tells him I am selling Walker for £50m but I am giving you £25m to buy replacement. What can Poch do!

Look... regardless of the result, I think we can all agree that football was the winner today.

:pochfacepalm:

Other than the 4 we signed in the summer and it's sensible to defer an opinion on : I'd suggest that of those 4 or 5 years of player buying I'd rate just two as very good buys -Son and Dele

After that the others are either squad level players or just bad buys.

Horrendous buying mostly under our current manager.

Wanyama was a great buy.... You can't just revise history cos he got injured.

Toby? Elevated our defense to the best in the league.

Dier? 4 million quid????? If even only for the first few season's he's paid for himself several times over.

Tripper cost a mere few million and got sold for 20m profit to a debatably better side.

Even someone like Fazio.... Cost us fuck all and carved himself out decent career at Roma.

Then there's the many who were only bought for squad and depth purposes like Lucas, Llorente, Vorm, Gazzaniga, Davies. People moan about lack of depth, then moan when we buy squad players?

Jeeez!

...Besides, pretty sure that list was an answer to the complaint about HOW MANY players we (don't) buy.

Tripper cost a mere few million and got sold for 20m profit to a debatably better side.

I'm curious to see the debate points arguing that Tottenham are a better side.

Do you call these signings?
The most recent ones: Nkoudo, Njie, Vincent and Serge. All sold for loss and serge will follow suit.

I can go to primark and come out with a bag bigger than your head and ego combined full of cheap stuff, just like your list above.

We were linked with proper players, the likes of Zaha (70m), Berkley (30m), Grealish (40m)... all proven PL players, but your hero Levy wanted to pay half price, stupid.

:dembelelol:

....Go to fucking bed, 'mate'.

The notion was that Perreira was better.
He was cheaper than Aurier.

Poch chose Aurier

We don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it's quite obvious that Levy wanted to buy a RB for less than he had already sold Walker. This has been our strategy and it can work if we sign the right players. In this case, we didn't. I think there's plenty of evidence that Poch doesn't have an eye for a player so I'd put Aurier on him.

I don't have a problem with Levy not spending record fees for players. My main gripe is that he takes too long to bring in players and some potential deals don't even materialize as a result. This is what has been plaguing us every transfer window and I don't see it changing unfortunately.

I'm curious to see the debate points arguing that Tottenham are a better side.

We've beaten so-called better sides than them over recent years... The truth is there to be found within the minutia of that fact.

Back
Top Bottom