Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

can anyone explain wtf happened against brighton, it was like we were in slow motion, with them zipping between us, and it wasnt lloris injury, did we down tools, was there a big fight in dressing room, we were outplayed by bloody brighton, we needed a response to bayern, and we got that, we were a joke that week, somethings not right behind the scenes, for that to happen.

can anyone explain wtf happened against brighton, it was like we were in slow motion, with them zipping between us, and it wasnt lloris injury, did we down tools, was there a big fight in dressing room, we were outplayed by bloody brighton, we needed a response to bayern, and we got that, we were a joke that week, somethings not right behind the scenes, for that to happen.

Did you know the titanic sunk

dele alli at least showed some good touches on sat, moura was class first half, son was good when he came on, as was lamela, so not all bad, eriksen has messed us around too long, deserves no time on pitch, everyone thinks hes brilliant and we cant play without him, wrong, hes good on his day, but he doesnt have enough good days, not consistent, he dissapears more than he turns up, we must go and buy top quality playmaker in the summer, essential, but we will have get through till then, lets hope dele comes good again.

Watford are well within their rights to play how they want. But why do we have to have oppo fans on here crowing about it? Fuck off and support your team. How needy are some people?

Do any TFC members do this opposition forum crap? If so, you need to give yourself a slap.

Watford are well within their rights to play how they want. But why do we have to have oppo fans on here crowing about it? Fuck off and support your team. How needy are some people?

Do any TFC members do this opposition forum crap? If so, you need to give yourself a slap.
well said, i had a debate with one last night, telling me how good his team was with the genius park the bus tactic, and i pointed out, it is a tactic used when you are scared of the opposition you are playing, any team can play it, if they get fit enough to run and run, and yes they have every right to play it, but dont make out its clever and good, its not, its crap to watch, and it doesnt make you the better team, you just ride the percentages.

in january we sell wanyama, rose, bayern munich was the warning that the defence needs changing, and that ex arsehole got 4 against us, but he didnt have to work that hard did he, defence must be set up with quality top pros who want to be there, and know how to properly defend, midfield has to cover in front of defence with an enforcer or two depends on who you are playing, and when the full back, (not both) venture upfield they watch for that breaker trying to catch us out, a quality playmaker, to supply subtle passes for our forwards

agree with wanyama losing us leicester game, spot on mate.
Damn right. Playing Wanyama was suicide!

well said, i had a debate with one last night, telling me how good his team was with the genius park the bus tactic, and i pointed out, it is a tactic used when you are scared of the opposition you are playing, any team can play it, if they get fit enough to run and run, and yes they have every right to play it, but dont make out its clever and good, its not, its crap to watch, and it doesnt make you the better team, you just ride the percentages.
As I said I’m ok with their tactics. But to come on here as if they’ve just played like Brazil 1970 fucks me off. This “opposition fan in peace” is one of the many things wrong with football these days.

Sure but a different manager will just drop them. Playing like shit and refusing to sign a deal would see you hit the bench at most clubs. Poch has gone soft and is picking players based on the past and not the present. Just like when he put the ghost of Wanyama on at Leicester and it cost us the game. The man had no business being in the matchday squad, never mind getting on the pitch.

Poch is always banging on about "football being the present and not the past" but he's living in the past. Too many players are starting because of their history with Poch and not because they actually deserve it.

Putting Wanyama on didn't lose us the game against Leicester, whether he's properly at it or not, what lost us the game against Leicester was what's been losing us points all season, we don't defend as a team.

Putting Wanyama on didn't lose us the game against Leicester, whether he's properly at it or not, what lost us the game against Leicester was what's been losing us points all season, we don't defend as a team.

Surely I'm not the only one who thought the punchline to this post was in fact gonna start with an 'S' and end with an 'O'.

Agreed. The rebels want to leave the club whoever is managing. They haven't down tools just because poch is in charge. It's much bigger than that. If poch goes they won't all rush out to sign new contracts with us.

Exactly. Which is why sacking him makes no difference in that regard.

Sure but a different manager will just drop them. Playing like shit and refusing to sign a deal would see you hit the bench at most clubs. Poch has gone soft and is picking players based on the past and not the present. Just like when he put the ghost of Wanyama on at Leicester and it cost us the game. The man had no business being in the matchday squad, never mind getting on the pitch.

Poch is always banging on about "football being the present and not the past" but he's living in the past. Too many players are starting because of their history with Poch and not because they actually deserve it.
Yeah drop them & play some average players. What starting 11 would you play if you drop the rebels?

Back
Top Bottom