Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
He just rented a house in London.

He wants the Spurs job.

Poch is always taking about 'building for the future' and never about the present.

Mourinho's wife and kids never left London iirc, they have the same house since his Chelsea days. When he managed Man Utd he lived alone in a hotel and when he got the sack he returned to his family in London

That's part of the problem for me.

Poch is in his 6th season and it's still "building for the future."
At some point it has to amount to something - it's obvious this cycle is done, we've come close but fallen short at the last hurdle every time and this system/set of players hasnt delivered silverware.

Depressing that we're essentially back to where we were 5 years ago.

And thats why I dont want Poch to continue with a whole new budget and squad and project.

Im bored of his tactics, interviews and "philosophy"
The players have more to give,......the manager is all out of ideas

What Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb is saying if the hierarchy doesn't care, why should I
The hierarchy started the problem by ignoring the squad and the manager for pure financial gains and short term narrow minded plan so he has a point
Exactly. Keeping Poch at the moment is the board not giving a shit because they don’t want to pay the man to fuck off. I bet levy is praying to all angels that Real Madrid or Manchester fire their managers and come get Poch. Levy doesn’t lose money and saves face “oh Mauricio wanted to leave us we couldn’t hold him hostage.”

and sammyspurs sammyspurs getting Jose in would clearly be a big move from levy. Showing that they are not messing around and want drastic changes

That's part of the problem for me.

Poch is in his 6th season and it's still "building for the future."
At some point it has to amount to something - it's obvious this cycle is done, we've come close but fallen short at the last hurdle every time and this system/set of players hasnt delivered silverware.

Depressing that we're essentially back to where we were 5 years ago.

5 years ago we finished 5th or 6th before he came in?
No chance this year. No chance.

It's time to say goodbye. As brilliant as Poch was for us before, to me it's glaringly obvious that he is completely out of ideas. This squad has so much more to offer than what is currently being served up. That's not to say that we don't need to make changes, but even then it's impossible to complete a total overhaul of the playing staff in January, which is still months away.

The longer this goes on, the more it will spoil our memories of Poch.

Been thinking a lot about the compo payment and tbh I don't think thats a make or break for Levy to sack him. He has a proven track record of sacking managers with years left on their contracts/paying people to leave and wouldn't be afraid to do it again here BUT only if we were genuinely in danger of not qualifying for europe and I think we are still 4/5 defeats away from a decision being made.
Despite being so utterly shite in the games so far we are still only a few points behind the top four and still ahead of United, I think it will take us to be ten points behind and showing no improvement for it to happen.

A win tomorrow and possibly getting through to the KO's of CL would be another reason to hold fire.

It's time to say goodbye. As brilliant as Poch was for us before, to me it's glaringly obvious that he is completely out of ideas. This squad has so much more to offer than what is currently being served up. That's not to say that we don't need to make changes, but even then it's impossible to complete a total overhaul of the playing staff in January, which is still months away.

The longer this goes on, the more it will spoil our memories of Poch.
It's a bit

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Exactly. Keeping Poch at the moment is the board not giving a shit because they don’t want to pay the man to fuck off. I bet levy is praying to all angels that Real Madrid or Manchester fire their managers and come get Poch. Levy doesn’t lose money and saves face “oh Mauricio wanted to leave us we couldn’t hold him hostage.”

and sammyspurs sammyspurs getting Jose in would clearly be a big move from levy. Showing that they are not messing around and want drastic changes

I keep seeing this scenario where Poch walks into Levy's office at Christmas and says "If you buy me this player for £40m he will make a massive difference to the team". Daniel thinks about it and says "Here's £30m cash now fuck off and we'll manage with the squad we have and I still keep £10m to put towards a new manager's salary"......... sorted :thumbup:

I keep seeing this scenario where Poch walks into Levy's office at Christmas and says "If you buy me this player for £40m he will make a massive difference to the team". Daniel thinks about it and says "Here's £30m cash now fuck off and we'll manage with the squad we have and I still keep £10m to put towards a new manager's salary"......... sorted :thumbup:
The sad thing is that 40M is nothing to buy new players

Don't you think if you remove Poch from the equation we will effectively have new players ?? £30m to see Harry Kane, Son, Moura etc with smiles on their faces and a fresh hunger for the game is a bargain I reckon.
I don’t know anymore mate. It hurts a lot to think the players really downed tools to fuck the manager who is with them for half a decade. Absolutely shambolic

I don’t know anymore mate. It hurts a lot to think the players really downed tools to fuck the manager who is with them for half a decade. Absolutely shambolic
As a player if you truly don't believe in his techniques, tactics, substitutions, training methods,press statements and motivational abilities then something / somebody has to give.

As a player if you truly don't believe in his techniques, tactics, substitutions, training methods,press statements and motivational abilities then something / somebody has to give.
Yeah even if Poch was the best manager in the world at the moment the players don’t believe in him there’s nothing to do. Levy won’t change 10 players mid season. As he shouldn’t. Squad is pretty good. Third best in the league

Back
Top Bottom