Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Must be the 5th game in a row Ive thought that now.....surely a shit show tonight cannot possibly give him the right to take us to Anfield though

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid
Look Bill, I just said I want Liverpool to beat us again
But you can't wait for the massacre at Anfield Sammy, you want us to fail, you said so.

You don't say it in as many words but it's clear don't want us to win tonight either.

You're about as Tottenham as the lovechild of Bertie Mee and Charlie George, conceived in the ruins of Dial Square

You won't be happy until you are finally installed as the new Spurs manager, allowing you to play your dream XI

np9beqf.png

Forgetting even the Kane over Moura debate.

1-0 down to a Liverpoo team not even playing close to well and we spent 60 minutes passing the ball sideways and backwards. Then finally bringing Moura on, but keeping Kane who had been absolutely ineffective on too??

I wonder if he suffered depression that night and has never recovered.
I know I did

But you can't wait for the massacre at Anfield Sammy, you want us to fail, you said so.

You don't say it in as many words but it's clear don't want us to win tonight either.

You're about as Tottenham as the lovechild of Bertie Mee and Charlie George, conceived in the ruins of Dial Square

You won't be happy until you are finally installed as the new Spurs manager, allowing you to play your dream XI

np9beqf.png

"Cant wait for Anfield" learn irony you fucking moron

Isnt it fucking HILARIOUS that Ive said Id keep the ENTIRE squad recently. Even Eriksen.....even Dele and ONLY change manager.

So thats me backing EVERY player and the chairman, while you and your bunch or "true supporters" want a whole new squad and new owners

Who are you backing out of the entire THFC set up?

Poch and Kane? And everyone else can go and you wouldnt batter an eyelid?

Fucking dick head. You´ve put one man above the club and you think you can sit there and talk about who´s Spurs when you want to fuck off 21 players and the chairman.

Come on....list who you want to keep
Poch
Kane
......finish the list for me or is that it?

I´ll start with mine:
The WHOLE squad
The owners
The chairman

You want Poch to succeed, I want Spurs to succeed. Thats the difference.
You cunt

Maybe mate.

He definitely seemed to believe that our name was on the trophy.

On that I do I agree.

I also think his mind has wandered far roo often in the last year.
Agreed on everything you've said there

I think Poch has two options. Snap out of his current malaise and get back to hard work on improving us, or getting out as quick as he can. A long, slow drawn out affair does nobody any good.

My gut feeling is that Poch will make a decision about his future (or it will be made for him) following the Anfield game. A home defeat tonight and a heavy loss on Sunday will seal his fate for a number of reasons. Primarily it will show that he has still failed to motivate or 're-connect' with the squad and that further attempts are futile. Losing tonight will illustrate the size of the task required to get through to the knockout stages and he will realise that too is possibly beyond reach.

Sunday will show him (and the fans) just how wide that gap between ourselves and being real title contenders truly is. It will clarify just how much of a downward slide we have been on over the past 10/12 months. If we suffer a mauling then I believe he will come to the conclusion he has gone as far as he can and it's time for a new hand at the helm.
I am not saying he will hand in his resignation on Monday morning, but I think he will have a long discussion with Daniel about his future managerial career and express his desire for a change of scenery if an amicable arrangement can be made.

Then the wheels can be put into motion properly about looking for a replacement and letting it be known to other clubs that Poch is seeking a fresh challenge.The next two matches will certainly play a huge part in this decision making process.

Last edited:

np9beqf.png
I smell a treble with that side

np9beqf.png
Really! Your gonna leave Levy on the bench?

They've disappeared and yet Poch keeps picking them, along with Toby and Jan and Serge.

That's not the players fault.
That's the problem, if they had truly disappeared then he couldn't select them but they haven't. They've simply 'switched off'.....disinterested, disillusioned and demotivated. Yet despite that Poch persisted in picking them. :thumbdown: Why :thumbdown:

That's the problem, if they had truly disappeared then he couldn't select them but they haven't. They've simply 'switched off'.....disinterested, disillusioned and demotivated. Yet despite that Poch persisted in picking them. :thumbdown: Why :thumbdown:
I'm confused, whether Poch has no belief in our squad/young players or could it be linked to their large appearance fees?

Put it like this, on Saturday when we knew a defender was to be sacrificed, we all knew who it was, despite him being the best of the three centre halves.

Why can Poch so easily toy about with Moura nad Sanchez, but seems to bow down to Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen especially?

I'm confused, whether Poch has no belief in our squad/young players or could it be linked to their large appearance fees?

Put it like this, on Saturday when we knew a defender was to be sacrificed, we all knew who it was, despite him being the best of the three centre halves.

Why can Poch so easily toy about with Moura nad Sanchez, but seems to bow down to Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen especially?
I can only assume they are blackmailing him somehow. I totally agree..... :thumbup:

I have been a staunch supporter of Poch but his comments to the Media are getting more regularly bizarre. I read that the players are not happy with him and if (we never really know) he treats the players the same as the media it is bound to cause unrest.
EG Rose or Aurier go up to Poch in the summer and ask what is going on and he says 'don't ask me I am only the coach' Of course he knows and the players know he knows.
Now I do not know what is happening but I am finding it increasingly hard to accept Poch is not at least partly to blame. Added to his strange selections, unwillingness to use certain players or early subs.
I would love him to turn it around starting tonight but it is looking increasingly unlikely and as long as they do not put a Pratt like Sherwood in charge will support a change.

I have been a staunch supporter of Poch but his comments to the Media are getting more regularly bizarre. I read that the players are not happy with him and if (we never really know) he treats the players the same as the media it is bound to cause unrest.
EG Rose or Aurier go up to Poch in the summer and ask what is going on and he says 'don't ask me I am only the coach' Of course he knows and the players know he knows.
Now I do not know what is happening but I am finding it increasingly hard to accept Poch is not at least partly to blame. Added to his strange selections, unwillingness to use certain players or early subs.
I would love him to turn it around starting tonight but it is looking increasingly unlikely and as long as they do not put a Pratt like Sherwood in charge will support a change.

He talks and talks but makes little sense. It's one contradicting statement after another.

I miss the Poch that would refuse to answer most questions. Not he feels to share too much info.

Back
Top Bottom