Tottenham's worst manager and the manager you hated the most.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who gets your vote?

I would have to say the worst manager in the 30 years I've been following Tottenham is Ardiles.
He took a young, promising squad that had finished 8th the year before and almost relegated them.

And we still struggled under Ardiles even after the stellar signing of Klinsmann. The turnaround in results after his sacking said it all.

The manager I hated the most was AVB BY A MILE!!!

We sacked a very good manager in Redknapp and replaced him with a guy who has made a career out of failure and a fortune from getting the sack.

Villas-Boas should never have even had the opportunity to become Tottenham manager. The way Chelsea's season took off after they sacked him should have been enough of a warning for Levy.

Last edited:
Sherwood & Sherwood

Blatant fraud & Gooner

The sheer love he STILL gets from certain Spurs fans is probably a sympthom of why we are a reviled fanbase many places.
He still talks about Spurs as Us and We though in his analysis.
He's actually gone up a lot in my estimation since he left. Especially considering the shit he took from many of our fans. (including me)

Odd opinion incoming

I never had much of problem with Sherwood. I kinda liked his attitude to be honest. I didn't like AVB at all, however. I don't even know why, I just never liked him. And it wasn't the dreadfully boring football!

Both were pretty bad for Spurs, and Bale, well, bailed us out so many times in AVBs time with us. Sometimes you can spin that as positive, but there can be times where you just want everyone to pull their weight. It was such a weird time, and it certainly puts a couple things to perspective considering it wasn't that long ago.

He still talks about Spurs as Us and We though in his analysis.
He's actually gone up a lot in my estimation since he left. Especially considering the shit he took from many of our fans. (including me)
Thats where I'm at with Sherwood. He has his flaws, but I just saw him as a ditzy, but passionate fan trying to manage a club he likes. I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate for someone who was also coaching the kids after he stopped playing (if I recall)

Gross Def worst I've seen.
Yeah ozzie was a crap a manger, and at times felt like his training was "defenders, go do stuff over there" but gross was just a shit shit shit version of wenger. And that whole tube ticket thing. Still makes me shudder..

I wasn't a fan of Gross and I'm not saying he would have been a success but I thought he was hard done by.
If I recall correctly, he won two of his first four matches and already there were calls for him to be sacked.

I was one of the few fans who was happy with the appointment of George Graham. I took it as something to gloat about that the most successful manager in Woolwich's history was now managing Tottenham.

I didn't think he did a bad job and I thought his sacking was absurd but I know most fans would disagree with me on this.

Given the players and the investment, Ramos is the worst for me. Look what Harry did with them.

Don’t hate any of our managers though. All just trying to do a job.

I wasn't a fan of Gross and I'm not saying he would have been a success but I thought he was hard done by.
If I recall correctly, he won two of his first four matches and already there were calls for him to be sacked.

I was one of the few fans who was happy with the appointment of George Graham. I took it as something to gloat about that the most successful manager in Woolwich's history was now managing Tottenham.

I didn't think he did a bad job and I thought his sacking was absurd but I know most fans would disagree with me on this.
The timing of the Graham sacking was weird for me. We’d won the FA Cup quarter final at Spam - surely we should have given him the chance to beat the Arse.

Never liked Ramos and personally credit Jol for the league cup win.

Back
Top Bottom