Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazzapen Gazzapen
I appreciate you have the right to disagree with my post but would you mind defending that stance with a post of your own ??
Particularly when you put this up minutes ago...
I really don't think Potchettino wants to be here. We played such great football in the week. Then we come back and play defensive against the best attacking squad in the league? What the hell? We blame Rose and Aurier whi were bought primarily for their attacking ability. They were never ever good Defenders. Like we play now days, we may just as well buy another 2 Centre backs and play them on the wing. POTCH MUST GO. Not even Levys fault
Gazzapen Gazzapen
I appreciate you have the right to disagree with my post but would you mind defending that stance with a post of your own ??
Particularly when you put this up minutes ago...
I really don't think Potchettino wants to be here. We played such great football in the week. Then we come back and play defensive against the best attacking squad in the league? What the hell? We blame Rose and Aurier whi were bought primarily for their attacking ability. They were never ever good Defenders. Like we play now days, we may just as well buy another 2 Centre backs and play them on the wing. POTCH MUST GO. Not even Levys fault
Appologies. My Bad I didnt realise I'd clicked reply.

Two separate points of debate here, one is your undying belief in Poch and the other is this total conviction that another manager would only be worse than the current one. I admire your belief and faith in the first point but totally question the basis of your viewpoint on the latter.
The entire defence of 'Poch In' rests on asking everybody in the 'Poch Out' camp who they would have instead and then running those choices into the ground.

There is no one enjoying this result. We all support Tottenham Hotspur, but there may be quite a few more of us questioning the decisions made by the manager today, and they have every right to do so.
...which is directly countered by those demanding 'Poch Out', in their undying belief that his replacement would do any better...

It's the other side of the same coin!

Yeah so on the bench again unless lamela injured. & they wanted aurier to play & shock horror he gives away a pen. The same people who said aurier should never wear the shirt again a few weeks ago. Can't make up their mind. & I was told Davies is average but now he needs to start. Ndombele looks unfit but now he needs to start 2 in 5 days.

What are you trying to say here?

People talk too much on a message board?

For me - I love Poch, I think he has been a breath of fresh air but he’s making the same mistakes over and over.
He’s not learning.

there is disharmony and it’s the managers responsibility to put that right.
He plays the wrong system sometimes, he picks the wrong team sometimes, he’s picking the wrong players.
he knows where we need to improve but he’s ignoring it.
I can understand why some want a change.

He’s been brilliant for us but come on man, sort this out and NOW!!!!!!

I admire your loyalty but enough is enough

how i understand the lo celso deal, it is not really a loan, its only put officially as a loan on paper because of the club who sold him wouldnt get all the money, they would have to pay another club part of it, and they dont want to, so this is a permanent deal really, i heard this from spurs supporter journalist on the radio, and he knows what hes talking about, and lo celso will show eriksen how to play midfield properly, eriksen was really half speed against liverpool, going through the motions, dont think he should play for us again, and alli a sub at best, moura, ndombele, lo celso and lamela are much better.

Why not go the whole hog and demand he goes back to the Ivory Coast and be done with it?
He's NEVER coming back from there!

...and while we're at it:
Poch... go back to Argentina
Eriksen: go back to Denmark...
Toby, Jan... there's a 9pm Eurostar to Belgium with your names on it...
Wanyama... when's the next Plane?
Rose... First train to Doncaster Please!
Dele... that single to Milton Keynes isn't gonna book itself!!

Do you know how much that's gonna cost Levy in travel costs?

Never gonna happen!
Levy'd book 'em all on 1am £2 Megabus specials.

Honestly thought there were a lot of some positives today!
FYB and agree, but we also need to establish who we are at the moment (and I mean moment). Are we a team challenging for the title that threw in a bad performance against our main rival
Or
A good team in a bad way that has drifted a long way from our potential and is trying to piece it back together.

Still a lot of poor selection decisions but there were some good things out there today. Anybody want to comment on Toby?

What frustrates me so is watching the game slip away from us, reading the posts on here demanding a substitution, sympathising with the fans who are obviously frustrated and demanding the same. Then the camera pans to Poch, sitting there impassively and doggedly determined to see things through no matter what happens.

Lucas Moura being brought on with just minutes left and then presumably being chastised afterwards for not changing the game. Eriksen being given 88 minutes playing time and just pissing them up the wall. Rose turning himself into a red card waiting to happen and Aurier having yet another brain implosion regarding the penalty.

How many of us seeing the 'cast' for this particular performance could have written the script, apart from the first goal which Harry put away with suitable top striker's aplomb.

The only people celebrating tonight's result are Liverpool supporters, there is nobody in here gloating or gaining any satisfaction from this scoreline. We enter the bottom half for the first time since 2015. I stated months ago that where we found ourselves in the league after this match would be a good indicator of how we truly are performance wise. I stand by that statement.

It's time to make contingency plans and prepare for a cold, cold Christmas.

Today was not the barometer and that really needs to be understood.

It's also looking as though this season will yield plenty of pain.

But Pochettino's continued tenure will depend on the games to come.

Nothing today suggests the players are deserting him or his beliefs but we are no longer a threat to the top teams.

Everton next Sunday will tell us more of what we need to know about what this season will bring.

Last edited:
how i understand the lo celso deal, it is not really a loan, its only put officially as a loan on paper because of the club who sold him wouldnt get all the money, they would have to pay another club part of it, and they dont want to, so this is a permanent deal really, i heard this from spurs supporter journalist on the radio, and he knows what hes talking about, and lo celso will show eriksen how to play midfield properly, eriksen was really half speed against liverpool, going through the motions, dont think he should play for us again, and alli a sub at best, moura, ndombele, lo celso and lamela are much better.
So is the price affected by whether we make top 4 or?

Back
Top Bottom