Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What frustrates me so is watching the game slip away from us, reading the posts on here demanding a substitution, sympathising with the fans who are obviously frustrated and demanding the same. Then the camera pans to Poch, sitting there impassively and doggedly determined to see things through no matter what happens.

Lucas Moura being brought on with just minutes left and then presumably being chastised afterwards for not changing the game. Eriksen being given 88 minutes playing time and just pissing them up the wall. Rose turning himself into a red card waiting to happen and Aurier having yet another brain implosion regarding the penalty.

How many of us seeing the 'cast' for this particular performance could have written the script, apart from the first goal which Harry put away with suitable top striker's aplomb.

The only people celebrating tonight's result are Liverpool supporters, there is nobody in here gloating or gaining any satisfaction from this scoreline. We enter the bottom half for the first time since 2015. I stated months ago that where we found ourselves in the league after this match would be a good indicator of how we truly are performance wise. I stand by that statement.

It's time to make contingency plans and prepare for a cold, cold Christmas.

Good post mate but next week is when you should provide commentary. The season starts then in my eyes.

...which is directly countered by those demanding 'Poch Out', in their undying belief that his replacement would do any better...

It's the other side of the same coin!
You fear change I don't. Time would prove us right or wrong regarding a replacement but you would deny us that chance. The fact is there must come a point where even the current Poch Out camp would say "Okay, okay, enough is enough, he needs to go". I just pray to God we can recover from wherever we are when eventually that happens.

After the good win and performance in the week it was back to usual for Poch.

Same players who want away not performing, late substitutions and players new to the club sitting on the bench.

And nothing will change until the manager does

Including Rose and/or Erisken in any match squad is a sackable offense at this point.

The bin dippers will never win the title this year, thoroughly overated, spoony penalties are rescuing them every game.

Eriksen is an absolute fucking disgrace and I never want to see his face again. Ndombele and Lo Celso genuinely turned us into a different team, incisive forward passes and dribbling.

never expected anything from this game but very disappointed after the final whistle, not only with the wimpy strategy we employed but also because Liverpool were there to beat today
Yes the only problem is that someone think they need 3 more months until they are ready to start. I'm not sure what the, they need to show in training, really means.

Yeah so on the bench again unless lamela injured. & they wanted aurier to play & shock horror he gives away a pen. The same people who said aurier should never wear the shirt again a few weeks ago. Can't make up their mind. & I was told Davies is average but now he needs to start. Ndombele looks unfit but now he needs to start 2 in 5 days.

You said the loss couldn’t be down to the line up though Scott.
Now you’re implying the line up has an effect.

Not the only ones who can’t make their mind up are they...
So cringeworthy to see you advocating the benching of our new signings, while wetting your knickers over the coming January window.

Like they’ll even get a game if we do sign players. All over the shop as per usual

Back
Top Bottom