Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched his interview, Didn't want too but forced myself. Was hoping for some crumb of comfort. Predictably he said nothing of note.

How many times in the last five years have we heard?

We must learn from the mistakes
The players have not arrived at the right condition
I am proud of my players, we controlled the game
I am not going to moan at the ref, this is football

guy is an utter fraud, I'm convinced we would have won something by now with these players and a better manager.

Look at Liverpool, they have a system, they are organised, they are conditioned, they have game management.

We are still making the same mistakes we were making when he took over 5 years ago

Surely Levy and his crew are getting shit scared that the CL goose will not be laying a golden egg next season and even the Europa League income is drifting out of sight ?
Daniel must be concerned that the new stadium will not host lucrative midweek European matches. So when does he press the panic button and try to resolve the matter .... Christmas ?

Think those equating Ali’s performance with Eriken’s are unfair.
Whilst both were below their own standards, Alli at least was trying to win his tackles and defending

we played possible champions today, with 2 passengers, and 2 crap full backs and we still nearly got a result at anfield, slight alterations of which have been mentioned, and we will fly up the table.
I truly admire your optimism but it must have an expiry date surely :thumbdown:

Surely Levy and his crew are getting shit scared that the CL goose will not be laying a golden egg next season and even the Europa League income is drifting out of sight ?
Daniel must be concerned that the new stadium will not host lucrative midweek European matches. So when does he press the panic button and try to resolve the matter .... Christmas ?

I don't think Levy will sack him based on today even though we've just lost another away game, again we've lost from a winning position. I think he has maybe 5 games to turn it around. Looking at who we are playing I can actually see us going on a winning run, and it saving him. But we will never win anything with him at the helm, he is a perennial loser.

we played possible champions today, with 2 passengers, and 2 crap full backs and we still nearly got a result at anfield, slight alterations of which have been mentioned, and we will fly up the table.

We were lucky to get ahead and only defended until they went 2-1 up. There's nothing glorious about such a performance, but this has become the norm for us. We were 2-0 up against the scum as well and then we took our foot off the gas. That's simply unacceptable against that lot. Our mindset is completely wrong and it obviously has to do with the coach. There's not much to look forward to this season in our current state.

Horrible personnel in the line-up but we competed due to the change of system. Replace Rose/Aurier/Winks/Eriksen with Davies/Foyth/Ndombele/Lamela and we probably get something from today.

So there is a glimmer of hope in that we changed system but Poch's lineups are still baffling and his attitude is starting to grate on me.

We need to start putting out more consistent line ups - especially in defence.

I'm not too downbeat as losing at Anfield is a given every year but we need to start seeing proper starting teams soon.

The integration of Sess and Lo Celso can't come soon enough and I think we have the makings of a good new core once we get the wantaways out for good.

I very much disliked the way we went about that game. It was defeatist from the start. Rot has tunneled its way into the heart of the man that is supposed to lead this team. I just can’t understand the logic in some of the decisions.

We were so compact that we made it nearly impossible to build out of the back. We launched far too many hopeful long balls and just invited the pressure to come back at us. It was just a cycle of hopeful counter to chase back to your spot in the block.

There were some valiant efforts out their today and we would be singing a slightly different toon if Son was on today. I have to give it to Toby, Gazza, and Sanchez. I thought they handled the pressure very well. The FBs were suspect and thankfully protected by the cover of Son and Eriksen.

And where are even the faintest signs of hope that these "slight alterations " are gonna come from our manager ?

Not only are these pricks sucking all the fun out of supporting this club but they are also robbing me of enjoying how shockingly shit Woolwich are too right now

It only matters if we improve.

All we did today was lose.

It's a joke yet an easy one to predict that we could not even secure the draw.

Lose to Everton next week and it's back to square one.
Better than Watford, Brighton, Newcastle and Colchester. Onward and upward. :dierpochhug:

More likely that he is looking to re-finance and hoping that the additional interest comes in under 32 million over the next four years.

Back
Top Bottom