Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that our goalkeeper had such a great game strongly suggests that we couldn't. Teams that are capable of winning 3-0 don't fall asleep and rely on the goalkeeper to keep them in the game.
Yep-they could have scored but we could have scored. It's not like Newcastle when we created no chances.
On the day they got the breaks.

A team after however long is the mentality and character of the manager.

If that be the case and it often is, then Pochettino needs to find something within himself. He needs to be calm when it matters most and clinical when he needs to be.

Our mentality and our play is like that of our manager and that means its lacking too much at present.

Did you just watch the Arse game on MOTD? They should have won. They didn't.
At the end of the season the table does not lie. But today we deserved better.
I'm sorry but if you are going to use terms like 'should have' and 'deserved better' to somehow cushion the blow of a result then you are simply fooling yourself that fate has lent a hand and you have been 'unlucky'.
I always remember the golfer Gary Player saying "It's funny but the more I practice the luckier I get" and those are wise words.
The team currently has big problems and to allocate a percentage of that to 'could' and 'should' is only masking the truth. We currently have 12 points, how many do you think we actually could, should or deserve to have ?.
As you quite rightly say the end of the season table does not lie but if we don't identify our shortcomings full in the face instead of feeling sorry for ourselves then it may well make for very sad reading.

As for the Woolwich who gives a fuck anyway.

I think there are too many TROLLS on here - they might be West Spam, Woolwich or Chelski but these ppl cannot be Spurs fans.

How can you watch a referee cheat Tottenham so blatantly and then slag off your own team, unless it isn't your team?

If these are genuine Spurs fans slagging off their team after that cheating performance then THEY are what's wrong with Spurs, not the players nor the manager or Levy.

Proper fans support their team - it seems these Sun/Mirror-readers don't and believe everything Sky (Woolwich TV) tell them. You're a disgrace!

Not surprisingly Dele and Eriksen the worst players on the pitch followed by Aurier and then Rose.

TBH it's sad to see Dele in this position but I think his bank balance is the main problem, he's made it. The improved contract last October doubled his income to £4.5m a year plus his modelling career. He used to be aggressive and nasty on the pitch, nutmegs which we all loved, where is all that gone! He no longer takes football seriously.

This was "Chris Foy Mark II" yet you listen to some on here it was about a certain player, the tactics, manager, etc.

No other team gets worse refereeing than Tottenham Hotspur and that is a fact!

Sadly I think Dele is finished

Injuries and being rushed back too soon by our incompetent medical team have ruined him
Or, he was always overrated due to his goal tally and was actually never that good to begin with. I know which one I believe it to be. And the beauty of my take is you can actually mitigate the problem. He's not good, never was good, never was a MF from day 1 even though he gets put there, and isn't going to get better/come good/get back to the old Dele. He is the old Dele, just without the goals. So you recognize that as an organization and recruit a player on top of him. He moves to the bench and actually learns his craft or fades away.

In Ndombele and GLC's combined 37 minutes on the field they provided more actual footballing than Dele has for about 2 years. He's not a good footballer and never was a good footballer and can easily be replace by many a competent footballer from around the globe.

Not surprisingly Dele and Eriksen the worst players on the pitch followed by Aurier and then Rose.

TBH it's sad to see Dele in this position but I think his bank balance is the main problem, he's made it. The improved contract last October doubled his income to £4.5m a year plus his modelling career. He used to be aggressive and nasty on the pitch, nutmegs which we all loved, where is all that gone! He no longer takes football seriously.

I thought Alli and Winks gave us less than Eriksen and that Rose and Aurier are gift horses but were not awful but looked poor in comparison to Liverpool's full backs.

His trucker hat line is his priority

I'm sorry but if you are going to use terms like 'should have' and 'deserved better' to somehow cushion the blow of a result then you are simply fooling yourself that fate has lent a hand and you have been 'unlucky'.
I always remember the golfer Gary Player saying "It's funny but the more I practice the luckier I get" and those are wise words.
The team currently has big problems and to allocate a percentage of that to 'could' and 'should' is only masking the truth. We currently have 12 points, how many do you think we actually could, should or deserve to have ?.
As you quite rightly say the end of the season table does not lie but if we don't identify our shortcomings full in the face instead of feeling sorry for ourselves then it may well make for very sad reading.

As for the Woolwich who gives a fuck anyway.

The Aurier goal v Leicester is allowed? Aurier doesn't fuck up today?
Over a season it all evens out but today -today-we could as easily have won as lost.

Back
Top Bottom