Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Havent read the whole debate here Gobby, but you're not suggesting the ref cost us points are you ?

The moment we went ahead, we looked clueless, couldn't string 2 passes together. The pundits can get fooked as can the ref, but the score flattered us.

Gazza saved us from a thrashing.

Its one thing to defend a 1 nil lead at Anfield, but to complete only 290 passes, and again allow the opp to land 13 shots on goal, was hard to watch.

This one is on Poch.

It's called football. When a goalie is superb that's what happens but what the ref did was make sure 'Pool won. I don't know what game you were watching but the ref was all day giving them decisions.

So some dopey fans on here slag off their team rather than the ref. Watch ANY game you won't see a more biased performance - it was shite from Taylor but the fake fans on here will argue otherwise.

I come on a Spurs forum and have to argue with idiots or fake Spurs fans to say what actually happened. It was one of the worst ref displays ever but Spurs fans don't defend their own. Why was Mike Dean 4th official when he's not allowed to ref Liverpool games? Why was (cheat) Mané MOM when Gazza was obviously MOM? Only idiots on here ignore these details or are fake!

It's unreal....

Go on You tube and watch his goals at Palace and the Chavs

He was good all right but a shadow of his former self ruined by this manager
Back post runs for headers that are just as much the delivery as the finish and a lucky juggle and volley from 2 and 4 seasons ago respectively. Neither of those things made him a good player then and their memory don't make him a good player now. He is not a 'footballer' he is/was someone that score a few goals due to goal hanging and the general good play of the team. If the best thing you can say about a player is he is best without the ball and playing on instinct then I say 'hard pass'.

You and many others have gotten fooled by the MK Tim Cahill. Nothing more. And now you're rationalizing why he's lost something he never actually had. It's not his hamstrings that prevent him from controlling a ball. It's not the physios that prevent him from making an accurate 10yd pass. It's not Poch preventing him from tracking runners. It's not his clothing line that prevents him from seeking the ball in the MF. It's all due to his lack of talent. He's not a good footballer and never was. He will never be 'back' no matter how many smoothies or downward dogs he does. He will still be a deficient footballer. This should have been picked up by the club as a few very keen, intelligent, and handsome observers had noticed. ****

And though sammyspurs sammyspurs wants and thinks he'll get back to his 2016 form when he was knocking them in weekly from outside the box (or some other confabulation) even that wasn't good enough. You saw Ndombele and GLC out there. Those are footballers where the seeking of the ball, the controlling of the ball, the passing of the ball, the recognition of time and space, etc. distinguishes their play and not some grainy video of 1 thing done sometime in the past. The kid is not good enough and hasn't improved his game and that is not the physios' or the manager's fault.

I'm with you on Sissoko but the Dele train is a step too far.

****I was one of them just in case you were wondering.:pochlol:

Back post runs for headers that are just as much the delivery as the finish and a lucky juggle and volley from 2 and 4 seasons ago respectively. Neither of those things made him a good player then and their memory don't make him a good player now. He is not a 'footballer' he is/was someone that score a few goals due to goal hanging and the general good play of the team. If the best thing you can say about a player is he is best without the ball and playing on instinct then I say 'hard pass'.

You and many others have gotten fooled by the MK Tim Cahill. Nothing more. And now you're rationalizing why he's lost something he never actually had. It's not his hamstrings that prevent him from controlling a ball. It's not the physios that prevent him from making an accurate 10yd pass. It's not Poch preventing him from tracking runners. It's not his clothing line that prevents him from seeking the ball in the MF. It's all due to his lack of talent. He's not a good footballer and never was. He will never be 'back' no matter how many smoothies or downward dogs he does. He will still be a deficient footballer. This should have been picked up by the club as a few very keen, intelligent, and handsome observers had noticed. ****

And though sammyspurs sammyspurs wants and thinks he'll get back to his 2016 form when he was knocking them in weekly from outside the box (or some other confabulation) even that wasn't good enough. You saw Ndombele and GLC out there. Those are footballers where the seeking of the ball, the controlling of the ball, the passing of the ball, the recognition of time and space, etc. distinguishes their play and not some grainy video of 1 thing done sometime in the past. The kid is not good enough and hasn't improved his game and that is not the physios' or the manager's fault.

I just can't bring myself to agree with this, although deep down inside, I think you're right. I thought he had a reasonable game against red star, and was hoping he was getting back to form. But yesterday, although there was the odd trick in play, simple passes were not hitting their target, and he did not have a good game :(

Not sure why you think I rate Dele.....been saying he’s played shit since the autumn of 2017.
Doesn’t mean he wasn’t good once though.

It was so long ago you don’t remember him running at players with the ball, or trying shots from outside the box.

Or maybe you was a NY Yankees fan back then?

What a load of shit that call was. Worse than the handball call on Sissoko in the last CL final. That little cunning rat Mane did it again
Absolutely agree, he just seems to get every fucking decision without question week in and out. 'The officiating and media' is so biased and if not that cunt, then it's Salah diving. He's the ultimate footballing cheating cunt & i badly want to see him do an ankle ligament. (not nice but fuck it) They say decisions balance out which is completely BS.

Firstly I am not angry about yesterday's loss because we have such an awful record at Anfield.

The truth is at our best we might have taken the game to Liverpool and yet still contrived to lose. Last season and the season before being prime examples.

But the real difference and size of the gap between us and Liverpool, which has emerged and got bigger in the last 2 years was there to be seen.

Not that 2-1 was a beating of any significance, but the fact that once we went ahead I knew we would not win but that once Liverpool took the lead I knew they would not lose.

When you look at the crispness, thrust and mentality of the Liverpool players and team, you can but admire it. They epitomize their manager in their relentless nature. There is also a consistency about them which is the complete opposite of us and Pochettino.

But we looked reasonable so we shall see but our away form is a huge worry. We never look like we can score more than one and always seen as though we could concede at any time.

I keep saying it but there is not one part of our team that is dominant at present and nobody apart from possibly Kane who would get in a Prem 18. We have drifted or fallen that far.

There are some positives. Lo celso looked great when he came on, n'dombele is getting better and better and sessengon is back soon so hopefully that's rose gone.

Also Toby had his best game in a long time and Sanchez more than held his own.

There is the makings of the new team there we just need Poch to start moving that process on a little quicker .

It's called football. When a goalie is superb that's what happens but what the ref did was make sure 'Pool won. I don't know what game you were watching but the ref was all day giving them decisions.

So some dopey fans on here slag off their team rather than the ref. Watch ANY game you won't see a more biased performance - it was shite from Taylor but the fake fans on here will argue otherwise.

I come on a Spurs forum and have to argue with idiots or fake Spurs fans to say what actually happened. It was one of the worst ref displays ever but Spurs fans don't defend their own. Why was Mike Dean 4th official when he's not allowed to ref Liverpool games? Why was (cheat) Mané MOM when Gazza was obviously MOM? Only idiots on here ignore these details or are fake!

It's unreal....

I watched the same game you did, and I did say in my post, fook the ref and pundits mate.
Gazza was MOM in my opinion as well.

My point was , we didn't deserve to win or draw that game, and as bad as the ref was he didnt change the result.

Being pissed off with officiating is fine, and I get the anger, but we imploded again today from the moment we took the lead.

Here’s an idea, why not give GLC a fucking start vs everton! No more of this, 5, 10 mins crap..man looks good, but how can he be judged when he’s been handled with kid gloves. Start him next week and give 65-70 mins, can’t be any worse then Erikson was today.
Perhaps he’s like me at 5-a-side: I need to go in goal partway through as I can’t run the whole hour any more?
Yep he did. Exactly. Still a penalty but always a merc. Match 3 and the player is a merc:
  1. someone more concerned with exploiting the rules to gain an advantage that actually playing football.
  2. someone who wants to get players sent off.
  3. Someone who looks to buy penalties. I see you Alan Shearer.
  4. Someone who thinks getting yellow cards by hassling the referee is considered "professional"
  5. Someone who when losing a challenge clutches a part of their anatomy in the hope of gaining a foul or even better, stopping the game when the counter is on.
  6. Refuses to play for their national team unless certain riders are in place.
  7. Doesn't speak to the media unless the lighting is right.
haha - I like number 7.

Ps. also slightly disappointed Kane pulled the Rivaldo-face-hold when Lovren caught his shoulder/neck. (See number 5above)

It's unreal....
BBC made Gazza MoM. Any channel that has Carragher and Souness commentating on a Liverpool match can’t really be trusted to be honest.

makes BT sport look like the New York Post!

The penalty was a penalty, mane played for it no doubt , but it was always going to be given to them with contact in the box, other thoughts on the match are dele was a ghost , I have been one of his biggest fans but but even I’m doubting if we will ever see the real dele again, also if we can get GLC and Ndombele starting every game and a pair of decent full backs and a DM I think we have the making of a great team, it’s just worrying the amount of times we have thrown away a lead just lately and once they made it 1 all we knew it would end in them winning ! On a side note Gazza looked superb, but we all know regardless of how good he does in Hugo absence as soon as Hugo is back fit Gazza will be dropped to the bench, I wish the part where poch said it’s time to be brave meant a clean slate for everyone meaning your only as good as your last game and not picked as your one of his favourites ! And maybe make a change while we are 1-0 up once in a while? Who knows what would have happened had the Ndombele for winks sub came at half time and than GLC for Erisken on 60

Pochetino must be looking for the bullet, that team selection was fucking mindblowing and whats more mindblowing was we called it at 10pm on Tuesday night after the team showed energy and desire to hammer red star.
How the fuck Eriksen is allowed to play in the biggest toughest match of the month is an absolute joke tbqh.
NDombele on the fucking bench??
Fuck off Poch serisouly
Looked a gift horse in the mouth yesterday and told them to keep their points thanks very much for the offer.
All so predictable and some are happy we just didnt get hammered.

It's unreal....
Giving Mane Motm was basically rewarding him for cheating. That was never a pen . When Aurier saw this cunt was about to try to steal a pen, he even tried to pull back from the clearance he was making. Ref wanted to give them everything and he did.

Disappointed with the result after the start we had,but not surprised.
Everyone who i watched the game with was screaming at Aurier " don't bring him down".Soft penalty,but a genuine one with the rules.
I thought we responded well. Last third of the game was as good as i have seen us all season,league wise. Gazza was sublime. So i am going to take some positives out of it.
Kane's goal showed true strikers class.Basic, but he saw what was happening before it did.

My football local is a standard north London mix,between US,Goons and a few other.Everyone was commenting on how biased the pundits were towards Liverpool,and i mean everyone.
They don't even try to hide it anymore.

Last edited:

Agree to disagree mate

I’m thinking of his goal at the Chavs following Dier’s long through ball

It was sublime as was his through ball to Moura that beat Ajax!

Disappointed with the result afetr the start we had,but not surprised.
Everyone who i watched the game with was screaming at Aurier " don't bring him down".Soft penalty,but a genuine wone with the rules.
I thought we responded well. LA st third of the game was as good as i have seen us all season,league wise. Gazza was sublime. So i am going to take some positives out of it.
Kane's goal showed true strikers class.Basic, but he saw what was happening before it did.

My football local is a standard north London mix,between US,Goons and a few other.Everyone was commenting on how biased the pundits were towards Liverpool,and i mean everyone.
They don't even try to hide it anymore.
One of the reasons I didn't watch on sky yesterday had it on a foreign channel.

The penalty was a penalty, mane played for it no doubt , but it was always going to be given to them with contact in the box, other thoughts on the match are dele was a ghost , I have been one of his biggest fans but but even I’m doubting if we will ever see the real dele again, also if we can get GLC and Ndombele starting every game and a pair of decent full backs and a DM I think we have the making of a great team, it’s just worrying the amount of times we have thrown away a lead just lately and once they made it 1 all we knew it would end in them winning ! On a side note Gazza looked superb, but we all know regardless of how good he does in Hugo absence as soon as Hugo is back fit Gazza will be dropped to the bench, I wish the part where poch said it’s time to be brave meant a clean slate for everyone meaning your only as good as your last game and not picked as your one of his favourites ! And maybe make a change while we are 1-0 up once in a while? Who knows what would have happened had the Ndombele for winks sub came at half time and than GLC for Erisken on 60
The major difference in the teams yesterday was the full backs, they were progressive, strong in the tackle and always a threat from crosses. In contrast we just kept smashing the ball back to them which is OK once or twice but you have to try to retain the ball and draw fouls to relieve pressure away from home. Constantly giving the ball away is not a game plan...

I thought the rest of the battles were pretty well balanced but they battered us down the flanks. I guess this isn't really news but it really just continues to highlight the desperate need for new FB's ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom