Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally calmed down after screaming at Aurier, Dele and Eriksen for most of the 90 minutes.

We went for point and thought we might nick three. We only started playing after they scored their second goal and if we'd scored, they would have come back and scored a third.

I just don't understand this mania to rotate. Lamela was injured so we could have played almost the team that performed well against a poor Red Star team. There's no midweek game this week so plenty of time to recover.

I can't understand team selection and substitutions at all! Surely GLC and NDombele are worth a start? What are we saving them for? Additionally Sessegnon out until November having purchased him in August? Surely the club owes us some kind of explanation other than 'in rehab'.

No idea why Aurier and (increasingly) Eriksen are anywhere near the team. Dele was appalling as well.

On a brighter note, Gazza was outstanding and kept us in the game.

On to Everton.

Agree to disagree mate

I’m thinking of his goal at the Chavs following Dier’s long through ball

It was sublime as was his through ball to Moura that beat Ajax!
You mean the one intended for Llorente? Right. With that type of memory I bet you can make anyone seem a world beater in retrospect. You should watch them again and you would realize his ball wasn't intended where it ended up. Both 'assists' from that game were bumbles. If you don't believe me I can post the article...that is if it will change your mind.

And you've brought up 4 moments. I can bring up 4 moments in 1 big game where he's killed a move or slowed us down with his many, many touches to just control a ball. But I don't need to get into this with you. Like you said we can agree to disagree on the past. But in the present he isn't a very effective footballer. And in the future I imagine he will be plying his trade away from WHL.

I stand behind my <10 more England caps in his career.

I just can't bring myself to agree with this, although deep down inside, I think you're right. I thought he had a reasonable game against red star, and was hoping he was getting back to form. But yesterday, although there was the odd trick in play, simple passes were not hitting their target, and he did not have a good game :(
This should have been picked up by the club as a few very keen, intelligent, and handsome observers had noticed. **** ... ****I was one of them just in case you were wondering.
I would just like to point out that I got Mrs P's stamp of approval. Suck it, losers!!!!

Not sure why you think I rate Dele.....been saying he’s played shit since the autumn of 2017.
Doesn’t mean he wasn’t good once though.

It was so long ago you don’t remember him running at players with the ball, or trying shots from outside the box.

Or maybe you was a NY Yankees fan back then?
Was and still am a Yankees fan there Sammy. But I get what you're trying to say but you'd be wrong again.

And I don't ever remember seeing Dele run at players with the ball mostly because he hasn't...ever! That would necessitate some degree of close control. Feel free to provide video of these amazing Messi-like runs. Otherwise it is just as I said, confabulation.

But that is all neither here nor there. We agree that he is not playing well and going forward it doesn't look like it will improve. But that's not Poch's fault.

ENIC want a "mid-table club"?

Absolute cobblers.... :pochfacepalm:
Read it properly mate I said they wanted the stadium as a money maker but that we are becoming a mid table side this year so far never said they wanted it bit of a difference.
The club have a lot of work to do in order to restore this club back to where we would like to be, but sadly I have zero confidence in the club or manager to achieve that.

Still in a shit mood because of this. Three consecutive league matches against them scouser pricks that have ended 2-1 in their favour and lost 4/4 of our last matches despite being the better side in two of them.

Also, I have to say, that the Liverpool team last day was terrifying to me, they looked like cyborgs playing against humans. Shocking difference in terms of quality.

doesn’t mention he only completed 7 less than Aurier, 8 less than Rose, 12 less than Son and Winks, 15 less than Sissoko either does it. And Winks and Sissoko were central midfielders.

All aboard the scapegoat Bandwagon.

Eriksen was on of many who where shite last night difference is we know he's not gonna be here so why are we playing him?

Moving on Lo Celso and Ndombele have to be starting for us as does Lamela.

All 3 have showed more creative spark then anyone else. Eriksen Winks and Ali have to be out the side because simply they are not playing well. No doubt they will all still be the first XI next week still

...Stick to the baseball mate
The claim was
And I don't ever remember seeing Dele run at players with the ball mostly because he hasn't...ever! That would necessitate some degree of close control. Feel free to provide video of these amazing Messi-like runs. Otherwise it is just as I said, confabulation.
Only watched 4:10 and it was as I remembered...not running at players with the ball. That's what Dembele did , Hazard, Sterling, etc do. Those in the vid were take-ons out on the wing and most came to so little. They often ended in LOP. If that's what you wanna see then fair enough.

And I will stick with baseball. That will mean I'd understand more about two sports than you'll ever know.

The claim was

Only watched 4:10 and it was as I remembered...not running at players with the ball. That's what Dembele did , Hazard, Sterling, etc do. Those in the vid were take-ons out on the wing and most came to so little. They often ended in LOP. If that's what you wanna see then fair enough.

And I will stick with baseball. That will mean I'd understand more about two sports than you'll ever know.

A whole video of Dele running at players with ball.

Not sure what Hazard, Dembele and Messi have got to do with it.
You’ve been proven wrong.

Dele used to run at players with the ball.
You don’t remember, that’s fine, but let’s not try and make out he ain’t running at players with ball in the video. Over and over and over again.

He is. And you are 100% wrong that he never did.

doesn’t mention he only completed 7 less than Aurier, 8 less than Rose, 12 less than Son and Winks, 15 less than Sissoko either does it. And Winks and Sissoko were central midfielders.

All aboard the scapegoat Bandwagon.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting he is the solitary problem. He’s hardly a scapegoat - we have problems everywhere, as your stats show.

But he is supposed to be one of our very best and it’s reasonable for people to be annoyed whilst he runs down his contract and turns in absolute dogshit performances.

I have no idea why the likes of Rose, Eriksen, Alli and Winks are still anywhere near our team. Eriksen has said he wants to leave. Rose constantly moans about the abuse he suffers and how he can't wait to retire. I like winks as a person, always gives his best, but frankly he just isn't good enough at this level.

Alli has been shocking for a good while now. Him and eriksen yesterday demonstrated their lack of effort or desire to play for us anymore. Every single attack in the first half that lead to anything was because eriksen failed to properly track Robertson. Son did a good job in tracking taa and pressing high. Sadly kane looks knackered after 15 minutes of pressing now.

But all of this would be solved if we started ndombele and lo celso who can actually retain the fucking ball and complete forward passes. How pochettino isnt under more attack in the media is beyond me. We have been utterly turgid since January 2019. Exceptions 2nd half vs Ajax. AND WHERE THE FUCK IS MOURA.

Read it properly mate I said they wanted the stadium as a money maker but that we are becoming a mid table side this year so far never said they wanted it bit of a difference.
The club have a lot of work to do in order to restore this club back to where we would like to be, but sadly I have zero confidence in the club or manager to achieve that.

I've read it again (and did at the time).

Sadly that's not what your previous post conveys.

From the BBC match report:

• Tottenham are without a win in their last 11 Premier League away games (D2 L9), and last endured a longer run between May 2000-January 2001 under George Graham (14 games).
  • Gazzaniga made 12 saves in the Anfield defeat, the most by a goalkeeper in the Premier League since David de Gea versus Woolwich in December 2017 (14).
  • Serge Aurier has conceded four penalties in 48 games in all competitions since his Tottenham debut in September 2017; no Premier League player has given away more

Finally calmed down after screaming at Aurier, Dele and Eriksen for most of the 90 minutes.

We went for point and thought we might nick three. We only started playing after they scored their second goal and if we'd scored, they would have come back and scored a third.

I just don't understand this mania to rotate. Lamela was injured so we could have played almost the team that performed well against a poor Red Star team. There's no midweek game this week so plenty of time to recover.

I can't understand team selection and substitutions at all! Surely GLC and NDombele are worth a start? What are we saving them for? Additionally Sessegnon out until November having purchased him in August? Surely the club owes us some kind of explanation other than 'in rehab'.

No idea why Aurier and (increasingly) Eriksen are anywhere near the team. Dele was appalling as well.

On a brighter note, Gazza was outstanding and kept us in the game.

On to Everton.
Agree with all this. I don't get the rotation policy either, especially if there's no mid-week game. And continually playing players who are out of form, or wanting to leave is just madness. This is why I can no longer understand what Poch is doing, or why he's still doing it. Yes, we are making small improvements in some areas, but it's bloody nearly November, so excuses about the team just finding form or settling down is bollocks. The season starts in August Poch, be bloody ready for it. I'm still fuming at his decision-making yesterday (in case you couldn't tell...)

Agree with all this. I don't get the rotation policy either, especially if there's no mid-week game. And continually playing players who are out of form, or wanting to leave is just madness. This is why I can no longer understand what Poch is doing, or why he's still doing it. Yes, we are making small improvements in some areas, but it's bloody nearly November, so excuses about the team just finding form or settling down is bollocks. The season starts in August Poch, be bloody ready for it. I'm still fuming at his decision-making yesterday (in case you couldn't tell...)
I get wanting to play SOME players into form. Dele is a good example, he was bad yesterday but was showing signs before. He's under contract here and at least seems to be putting the effort in.

The problem is half the team yesterday falls into the category of "we need to play them into form." Eriksen, Dele, Rose, Aurier, Toby and potentially even Winks who has been struggling lately. That's half the selected team!

The thing that was good about the RSB game was we put out a team of players that were mostly playing well with a couple guys we wanted to see more out of. That is a way to build the confidence of struggling players.

Spot on. How much do Liverpool and city rotate?

Poch commenting about wanting to keep the whole squad happy smacks of someone who is afraid to manage. I really thought he had learned from the red star match when the want aways were dropped and yesterday's team selection only confirmed to me that his time is up.

His comments about squad harmony are laughable, I would imagine Davies and ndombele must feel really included to be put on the subs bench yesterday when they see the likes of Eriksen being selected and putting in yet another piss poor performance.

The squad needs managing and it isn't being managed , thats why players look out of form, disinterested and why the constant changes mean we have no consistency. It's not rocket science

Back
Top Bottom