Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
He played well in the league cup last season, and he played well against 'pool...but ultimately I've not seen enough of him to know whether he can be better than Lloris in the long term or to write him off as not good enough.
As I said in the Lloris thread, at the end of the season we should know whether either will be good enough to keep around.

100% yes

Hugo is a liability, and it’s gone from once in a while to five times a year.

But we all know how this plays out don’t we.
Gaz will be dropped the second Hugo can bend his elbow, the farcical errors will return and people will say “awwwww poor Poch, he hasn’t got the players”

Merits a chance. He has looked good at times but certainly has errors in him at the moment. A run in the team should bring on his confidence and develop his match day temperament. Better with his feet than Lloris and has a greater reach. There have been lots of times when Lloris has been beaten with the ball hit just beyond his grasp that I think a larger keeper like Gazzanigga may have saved

He certainly deserves his chance to prove himself, as do others at this point, if Poch wants any kind of support moving forward then start the cull now, prove to us there is a plan.

Sick of the same thing every week though.
Gaz is playing for ONE reason.
Because Poch has no choice.

There is no cull...this is what he said back in August after Newcastle:

"I cannot find excuses because the transfer window is open. It doesn't justify that performance today or the result. But we have an unsettled group for different reasons and different personal circumstances.”

And on Sunday, two months later, all those same players played at Anfield.

Sick of the same thing every week though.
Gaz is playing for ONE reason.
Because Poch has no choice.

There is no cull...this is what he said back in August after Newcastle:

"I cannot find excuses because the transfer window is open. It doesn't justify that performance today or the result. But we have an unsettled group for different reasons and different personal circumstances.”

And on Sunday, two months later, all those same players played at Anfield.
And that why he needs to start the cull right now if he’s not getting fired (which he should have been straight after the Bayern game) but he wasn’t and he seems likely to continue until the majority of fans turn on him, which doesn’t seem likely just yet as he’s the best manager we have ever had apparently....
So if he is going to stay then he needs to fucking take out the trash and prove he is at least trying to rebuild and that he can actually coach young kids, or does he need to go to Chelsea training and watch how it’s done?

Side note: Can you imagine them fuckers winning a trophy this year (even getting top 4 again) after all the years we spent slagging them off for buying titles etc etc, it would make us look absolute amateurs!!

Back
Top Bottom