Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to Tuttosport :

Juventus sent scouts to Anfield on Sunday to watch Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, Tottenham Hotspurs' South Korea forward Son Heung-min and Spurs' Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen

Bet they were well impressed by CE 😎

I know I'm in the minority but I've often wondered what the fuss about him is.

He's always been lacklusture. Distance covered is bullshit, I can run 10 in 90 minutes every day of the week.
I suspect his high number of assists are down to a few factors - the position h plays, the consistency with which he has played there (very few injuries, rarely gets dropped, been at the club quite some time now) and the fact he's had Kane bashing in goals for fun for the bulk of that time.
I've never been convinced he's anywhere near the best at what he does, he just so happened to be the best we had in that period.

His contract fiasco has undermined the whole club .
Unbelievable for a businessman Levy has made such a financial clusterfuck.
Unbelievable Poch still plays him .
Poch said keeping Eriksen was a priority and most of this forum banged the drum and agreed.
As per usual.

I’m pretty sure Levy would have loved to cash in rather than lose the player for free.
But he backed his manager, who seemingly thought he could change Eriksens mind, failed, dropped him, then blamed the window.

Poch said keeping Eriksen was a priority and most of this forum banged the drum and agreed.
As per usual.

I’m pretty sure Levy would have loved to cash in rather than lose the player for free.
But he backed his manager, who seemingly thought he could change Eriksens mind, failed, dropped him, then blamed the window.
Brother none of us will never know but the contract is down to the main man.

Lacklustre is a good word to describe him tbh-he is a clever player, has a lovely pass on him and can shoot when he wants to, he just doesn't have the killer instinct attitude Imho.
The amount of times he disappears in big games especially has always been a big concern and he hasn't really improved at anything over the years either-hes too cool and doesn't really seem to give a fuck about much of anything.
Wasted chance to make a fortune on him last summer or year before.

Brother none of us will never know but the contract is down to the main man.
It’s actually down to Eriksen to sign it mate.
We don’t know what he’s been offered. But we know if he was valued that highly it would be in the ball park of our beat players....between 140-200k a week.

If he doesn’t think that’s enough, he can just leave the club. His performances are Sunday League, and not worth a penny.

Juventus sent scouts to Anfield on Sunday to watch Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, Tottenham Hotspurs' South Korea forward Son Heung-min and Spurs' Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen

I still think they would be interested to sign him on a free.

scenes if he signed the contract on offer (i guess there is one?) and continued to play like this.... unless was heavily weighted to performance??

scenes if he signed the contract on offer (i guess there is one?) and continued to play like this.... unless was heavily weighted to performance??
Personally don't want him to sign now , think he's shown he ain't worth it.

I know I'm in the minority but I've often wondered what the fuss about him is.

He's always been lacklusture. Distance covered is bullshit, I can run 10 in 90 minutes every day of the week.
I suspect his high number of assists are down to a few factors - the position h plays, the consistency with which he has played there (very few injuries, rarely gets dropped, been at the club quite some time now) and the fact he's had Kane bashing in goals for fun for the bulk of that time.
I've never been convinced he's anywhere near the best at what he does, he just so happened to be the best we had in that period.

Couldn’t agree more. When you’re the only creative player in a team of finishers and you’re never injured because you don’t challenge for the ball, you’re going to get a lot of assists.

tbh I wouldn’t have thought he’d been impressed by any of them but expect a £60 million offer for Sissoko in Hanuary

What were they expecting to learn about those 3 that they don't know already?

Couldn’t agree more. When you’re the only creative player in a team of finishers and you’re never injured because you don’t challenge for the ball, you’re going to get a lot of assists.
IMO he was a great player, albeit not quite good enough to be among the greatest CAMs in the world. When in form he could score good goals and provide assists as well as being a great passer, he was always instrumental in beating midfield presses and carrying the ball forward with his technique and vision. Don't forget he scored 2 digit goals almost every season with us, always among the top scorers for the team. He's just been absolutely horrid this season, he's never been this awful. Always one of the complaints during past transfer windows was that we need to find a player similar to Eriksen that could operate in that advanced playmaker role to share the load with him, we're paying now for not having brought in someone like Lo Celso or Ndombele sooner.

Imagine just how many assists he would have got if he had been able to take a decent corner or free kick

IMO he was a great player, albeit not quite good enough to be among the greatest CAMs in the world. When in form he could score good goals and provide assists as well as being a great passer, he was always instrumental in beating midfield presses and carrying the ball forward with his technique and vision. Don't forget he scored 2 digit goals almost every season with us, always among the top scorers for the team. He's just been absolutely horrid this season, he's never been this awful. Always one of the complaints during past transfer windows was that we need to find a player similar to Eriksen that could operate in that advanced playmaker role to share the load with him, we're paying now for not having brought in someone like Lo Celso or Ndombele sooner.

We’re paying now because we have Lo Celso and Ndombele and our manager chooses not to play them

Like Juve would spend the money it would take to get Salah or Son, they will pick up the wanker (Eriksen) for free.

He was not in my team to play Liverpool. However he ran the 2nd most after Dele and more than any Liverpool player. Therefore I find it difficult to accept he is not trying. Juventus had a scout watching and normally the players become aware of this but in any case as televised it would be seen in Spain and Italy. Therefore he would be an idiot not to try.
There were many comments in the game thread about him playing RB. Presumably on Poch's orders. Could it be that Poch is playing him in a position he will not perform in so that the focus is that the team is not winning is down to Eriksen rather than Poch.
Eriksen has been a very good player for the club but at present does not justify his place in the side. There is no way he is staying next season and whilst we have other options in Lo Celso, Ndombele , Dele and Lamela then I would not play him. However I still find it hard to accept that Eriksen deliberately goes on the pitch to play badly when his future depends on a top club being impressed to sign him.

Back
Top Bottom