Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On pitch management was terrible. When will we see Lo Celso and Ndombele play toghether, why is our manager so blind when dealing with Eriksen, how are you disrespecting Sessengon debut by subbing him on the last minute. The most depressing thing was how horrendous Everton were, and we still couldn't get a result.

Yeah but you don't give someone a debut like that, AND the sub should have been made WAY before that. Hence the justified confusion and anger.
Well it’s difficult to make last minute substitutions with 30 minutes left, and what’s his debut got to do with it? His first touch was to head away their free-kick - Eriksen wouldn't have done that, so it wasn’t entirely in vain.

Agree about Dier in your edit.

Starting with the wrong personnel and then keeping Eriksen on for so long in this game, alone, is astonishingly bad game-management.

I actually think Poch must be on the spectrum and just cannot bring himself to loosen his integration method (which is thoroughly absurd).

It's just weird and stupid and I've had enough of all the nonsense tbvfh.

I have just seen the full injury, it's horrific and Gomes's foot was at 90 deg to his leg.. I have a feeling they might give the card to Serge and rescind Son's. His leg was ok until Aurier clattered him
thats what i thought at first, but it was gomes foot got caught in the turf, not sons trip clip, or auriers tackle.

A tricky one to reply: I agree with the logic, but ends up being a bit classless to appeal a card that

Played with no cohesion at all today: all taking away from one another?

It's never a red and whilst I do get what you're saying, absolutely we need to think of Sonny. If we don't appeal it the very least I expect is a statement explaining that we have reviewed and don't see Son as being to blame and due to the moral reasons we don't want to get into something worse than what it is so we have agreed that wishing Andre Gomes well is more important than fighting Sons case.

I'm actually sitting here fuming that Son will get heat for this. Gomes actually elbowed him in the face minutes earlier which was far more reckless than a clip of the heels. The ending circumstances of no broken cheekbone anda broken ankle will tell a completely different story and that is hugely unfair on Sonny.

I say we fight it as anyone with half an idea about football can see Son did what any other footballer in the game has done, he just got unlucky that Gomes got caught a step after it happened with his footing. No way a red but Gomes' health also important. It's a tough one to call as Sonny will get heat and stick for this now and that comes from the referee buckling to the red.

Starting with the wrong personnel and then keeping Eriksen on for so long in this game, alone, is astonishingly bad game-management.

I actually think Poch must be on the spectrum and just cannot bring himself to loosen his integration method (which is thoroughly absurd).

It's just weird and stupid and I've had enough of all the nonsense tbvfh.

I really hope eriksen being used is for a January sale. If not then plan for life without him.

It's never a red and whilst I do get what you're saying, absolutely we need to think of Sonny. If we don't appeal it the very least I expect is a statement explaining that we have reviewed and don't see Son as being to blame and due to the moral reasons we don't want to get into something worse than what it is so we have agreed that wishing Andre Gomes well is more important than fighting Sons case.

I'm actually sitting here fuming that Son will get heat for this. Gomes actually elbowed him in the face minutes earlier which was far more reckless than a clip of the heels. The ending circumstances of no broken cheekbone anda broken ankle will tell a completely different story and that is hugely unfair on Sonny.

I say we fight it a shame anyone with half an idea about football can see Son did what any other footballer in the game has done, he just got unlucky that Gomes got caught a step after it happened with his footing. No way a red but Gomes' health also important. It's a tough one to call as Sonny will get heat and stick for this now and that comes from the referee buckling to the red.

Sonny is getting a lot of love on Twatter to be fair.. He's getting a few ignorant comments but many are putting thm in their place and the feeling is that Son is no at fault..

You are quite something. Everyone agrees that this was a shocking performance. Literally no argument. Bit you’re still trying to be obnoxious. I really pity you at times. We’re all Spurs. No need to constantly rant and act like a dick.
He’s a shambles Liverpool troll mate - dont bite

My point is that you you don't need to be "in" or "out" to see what was going on with that sub(*)...
As I replied earlier..
Then do it with anyone else except one of your new young signings who probably thought this morning that he was going to get on the pitch for a lot more than 60 seconds. The guy has no idea about motivating players and if I had been Ryan watching Eriksen's performance I would have expected the nod from Poch after about an hour.

why is our manager so blind when dealing with Eriksen

I think I've changed my mind on this. I don't think he is blind, at all. He's either trying to prove a point to Levy or he's forcing Eriksen to play when he doesn't want to, to spite him.

There has to be someting going on here, which is nothing to do with football.

Really? Really?

giphy.gif
Yeah I I didn't see it, but Atkinson had a yellow out and then on the walk over put it away for the red one.

Then do it with anyone else except one of your new young signings who probably thought this morning that he was going to get on the pitch for a lot more than 60 seconds. The guy has no idea about motivating players and if I had been Ryan watching Eriksen's performance I would have expected the nod from Poch after about an hour.

"Dog with a bone"

...So much so that you're arguing with the same post twice.

I say we fight it a shame anyone with half an idea about football can see Son did what any other footballer in the game has done, he just got unlucky that Gomes got caught a step after it happened with his footing. No way a red but Gomes' health also important. It's a tough one to call as Sonny will get heat and stick for this now and that comes from the referee buckling to the red.

Gomes is literally one of the biggest pieces of shit in the game. He does shit like this every match. I’m more worried about Sonny then some asshole who broke his own leg because he fell

I think I've changed my mind on this. I don't think he is blind, at all. He's either trying to prove a point to Levy or he's forcing Eriksen to play when he doesn't want to, to spite him.

There has to be someting going on here, which is nothing to do with football.

it's simple really. eriksen has lost his form and poch is trying to help him get it back by giving him playing time. all this stuff about lack of effort is bs. he's trying but he just sucks. i think it's time to face the facts. at this rate, no top club is going to want to sign him and eriksen knows that.

Back
Top Bottom