Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like I end up defending Moura more than necessary and I fully admit he has the first touch of a horse, but why does he always get singled out for this sort of stuff? Son was dogshit today too - had the fewest touches of any player in the first half. We've seen Eriksen's stats which were gloriously shit. Moura was given nothing.

Yes, he can't hold the ball up well. We shouldn't have bought a three foot high Brazilian if we were in the market for a Crouch.

If that's why Lucas doesn't start, exactly why does Eriksen start?
Don’t know about Eriksen, my point was I see him more of an impact sub than a starter. I like Lucas btw.

As would I. Would have loved it.

None of us, if we're honest, have a molecular clue what's going on behind the scenes. It's good fun to speculate (part of being a fun), but we have no idea.

My worry is I'm not even sure changing managers will make a difference. We just look so bad. Technically, on the ball, we're poor. We look slow and ponderous. It's like we're playing in sand.
it started just before champions league final, poch was so happy in the semi, then something changed, and that champions league performance was the start.

why does Eriksen start?

granted he hasn’t done it as much in recent times, but there is no one in that squad who can spilt a defence open with one pass bar eriksen. he’s a bit like Defoe where he needs ten shots to score one but he CAN do it and that’s all we have I’m afraid. Winks ain’t gonna do it, sissoko certainly isn’t. Ndombele and lo celso.. well that remains to be seen

Not if VAR have their way because they are the only ones who though it was red, including Atkinson.

I actually think it was a blessing in disguise. Sonny was so distraught he would have been any use and there would have been 10 Everton players trying to get retribution for what they didn't actually see.
He would have been subbed. Most of the Everton players were too concerned about Gomes to think about Son. The ones that weren't, hugged and consoled him.

Last edited:
I would like to apologise for my (now deleted) comments about the incident earlier. Some of you may see the very deserved derision they received. All I heard was the commentators calling it "naughty" and that "he took a swipe at Gomes". I reacted like the emotional human being I am. I hope all is forgiven.
:thumbup:

it started just before champions league final, poch was so happy in the semi, then something changed, and that champions league performance was the start.
Eriksen putting his house up for sale and telling the club he was off regardless of the result probably didn’t help. Might explain why Poch started acting up with his comments about leaving etc if they won. I suspect Eriksen + Toby + Jan is behind a lot of this, but it’s no fucking excuse either way

VAR looked at the ankle break and decided Son had put an opponent in danger, that's why he was sent off, utterly fucking pathetic officiating.

Gomez apparently got his foot caught in the turf, that's why it broke.
Pathetic indeed. By this logic, any foul leading to a serious injury is a red card, however innocuous. 99 times out of 100 Son's challenge wouldn't cause a serious injury. PL need to overturn this.

Let's face it we've been dogshit for a good while now. But I think you can trace the loss of team spirit to the cl final when he dropped moura for an unfit kane who hadn't kicked a competitive ball for a long time. I think our performance in that final was a collective response to that decision. Ever since then, we have gotten worse and worse.

In a way, pochettino is very lucky that the incident overshadowed what was a pathetic performance.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: We were playing well but it’s difficult to assess the last ten minutes. Talking only about football, it was a very difficult game. We were good but the game changed after the incident.

How can he say we were good. We were abject. Everton were even worse and yet I dont remember another shot we had on target all match? He has to go. Before next weekend.

jenny, its 30 mil reasons, poch is doing damage behind the scenes probably on purpose,and picking weaker teams for match games, suddenly hes a shit manager, but i bet manure still want him.
if that is true why would another club have him, he could do exactly the same again if he wasn't getting what he wanted there. Either way things need to get sorted here, we are in deep trouble, when are we going to win a game? except in Europe

Back
Top Bottom