Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope this ends the the stupid "should have played Moura in the CL final" bollocks once and for all.

Harry Kane is not perfect, and never at his best when rushed back from in jury, but I'll take him on one fucking leg over Moura leading the line all day.

And judging by that pic just how effective were those 'brains' put to use today? Sissoko, Aurier, and Moura don't come into my argument thus attacks on them don't rebut my argument. My argument is CE is not the man for us anymore...and probably should have been and easily could have been replaced with a proper MF years ago. He was useless today BC. Do you not agree with that? I'm pinning you down on 1 player my friend. One player only so don't bring anyone else up.

He has been next to useless for almost two seasons if you go back to the run in of the 17/18 season. Luxury player and we haven't the luxury of carrying him any more...and yes, before you say it he indeed did not play himself today so the manager carries some fault. But he did play shit today so he carries the can for that.

#nomoreuseless10s

So last season's 27 goals /assists was useless ?

Do you think anyone's stats will look good today?

As for the rest I refer you to my post two above this.

I’ve grumbled about Winks this season but I’d select him way ahead of Eriksen now. The fella is doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Against shit opposition like Everton, Winks could have been useful.

Not for me. They've both been bad this season.

We need to get over this mindset that we can only use the same 12/13 players.

We've got an academy....fucking use it.

If it means making a first teamer sit in the stands for shit performances so be it.

Me too. Some leftover white and I’m on the scotch now.

Ironically I just realized I started tapering off the white exactly when our current period of success started.

I think it was 2011 when Chelsea stole our fourth place? Redknapp’s last gasp?

Never wanted to snort a fat line like today. I’m miserable and I feel weird.

So last season's 27 goals /assists was useless ?

Do you think anyone's stats will look good today?

As for the rest I refer you to my post two above this.
Yes, that post was correct IMHO but you know that.

Oh how we needed a painful rebuild...or someone with the tactical nous to get us out of things. I have an idea of just the right man. I bet you do too.

I hope this ends the the stupid "should have played Moura in the CL final" bollocks once and for all.

Harry Kane is not perfect, and never at his best when rushed back from in jury, but I'll take him on one fucking leg over Moura leading the line all day.

Nah.

No problem starting Kane, but he should have been subbed at half time.

You veer from infinite patience with certain players to absolutely no patience with others.

Nah.

No problem starting Kane, but he should have been subbed at half time.

You veer from infinite patience with certain players to absolutely no patience with others.

Ive had three plus years of Sissoko clunking around and pointing and Aurier sabotaging games with his cluster fucking stupidity, two and a half off Moura's pea brained pinging about, most of them as a CF. How much patience should I have?

During that time Eriksen's scored about 35 goals and about 50 assists and constantly been our most creatively productive player - whilst often doubling up as a midfielder and getting through more ball than most of our other midfielders. You can maybe get where I'm coming from.

Ive had three plus years of Sissoko clunking around and pointing and Aurier sabotaging games with his cluster fucking stupidity, two and a half off Moura's pea brained pinging about, most of them as a CF. How much patience should I have?

During that time Eriksen's scored about 35 goals and about 50 assists and constantly been our most creatively productive player - whilst often doubling up as a midfielder and getting through more ball than most of our other midfielders. You can maybe get where I'm coming from.

He can only do that because if Sissoko

Can’t you see that??

Elbowed Sonny in the chops minutes before which VAR pussied out of looking at and also got done for this last season:
7bf4g_1.jpg

I'm not saying it's justified, just that a physical game can end with battle scars. It's a game of football, injuries like this will always happen unless you outlaw tackling.

Shocker

Aurier, no argument. I've defended him in the past, but he's a liability (played ok today though). Sissoko, I think you're overly harsh but yes, he is certainly limited. He can only run in straight lines, can't really perform any sort of lateral pass and can't score. I don't think he hides from the ball though and I think, at this present time, well, he's what we've got. I think Winks is equally limited, just doesn't point so much. DM is probably our most pressing position.

I disagree with you on Moura. Again, fully accept his limitations, but whatever. I also think when someone scores a hat trick, you should play them in the next game. Think confidence works wonders. We are an insanely one dimensional team. Moura offers a different (limited) dimension, although we probably don't have the other players to make the most of him. Just gets on my tits when people say he fucks up the rest of the line, when they're equally as set in their ways.

I'd love that Eriksen back. Not happening though and it won't change.

Ironically I just realized I started tapering off the white exactly when our current period of success started.

I think it was 2011 when Chelsea stole our fourth place? Redknapp’s last gasp?

Never wanted to snort a fat line like today. I’m miserable and I feel weird.
No one said that being clean gave you a ticket to heaven, but I'm pretty sure its the ticket out of hell.

Unless Poch stays.

A central midfielder who hides from the ball, can't pass it and who stands and watches players run off him and score or stands and watches as the pass or cross for others to score (and who also made 0 tackles today by the way) is bringing no more to this team week after fucking week than an under performing Eriksen.

I'm happy for Eriksen to be dropped because of his contract stance or because of his performances, but I want our coach to realise that picking shit and stupid players and expecting them to get us out of this mess is also fucking counter productive.

What you and Airfixx Airfixx didn't pick up on was the subtext of my response to todd1882 todd1882 which is basically a running joke between me and him where he pretends I want a team of 10's and I pretend he wants a team of units. Neither is true.

Eriksen was fucking shit today, he wasn't alone, and one of the reasons was we were set up to fail, because we had a midfield two that only had one player who can play football in it, not a disaster if the other player is some kind defensive tiger, but Sissoko isn't that either. So we had half a midfield and an insipid ant up front as a focal point.

Aurier's openly stated he wants to leave and Alderweireld's only still here because no one would even pay 25m for him. And don 't get me started on fucking Rose.

I'm happy to never see any of them again in a Spurs shirt, but forgive me if I don't jump on the "everything is Eriksen's fault" bandwagon. His situation is just one of many things that's wrong with this club right now, and most of them have Poch's name all over them. He's the one picking the players that "don't want to be here" and he's the one picking players that just don't have the skill set to do the jobs he's asking of them, and he's the one hamstringing them further with his fucking stupid tactics, formations and in game management.

"Eriksen is being held solely to blame" has a distinct scent of "People think Sissoko is world class" about it... i.e. It's not true.

I'm aware you have a running joke with todd1882 todd1882 , but the post I replied to was a textbook example of your general output on the subject irrespective of whom you were replying to this time.

Just curious why Eriksen's stats escape the kind of scrutiny that you regularly pour on other players despite them visibly making a decent contribution.... These numbers couldn't be any more damning for a player of CE's ilk.

Back
Top Bottom