Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Poch isn't going to play Lo Celso it makes no difference whether he's injured playing for Argentina, in fact it gives Poch more of an excuse to leave him out of the team. Seems as though he's determined to limit the time our newcomers have on the pitch in case they improve our game and we start to pick up points.
Sad but true

What a fucking idiot. “What can I do?” Jesus fucking Christ ( sorry about the blasphemy ). What you can do my old pedigree chum is say - no. Like every other sensible manager would do......

cue the “it’s not that easy” statements, except it is if you negotiate, like they did with Son....

fuck sake.

Ndombele can sit

Ah, yea, that's an awesome plan - buy a good creative player who can execute awesome through balls and then push him out of the position and make him think more about defense and less about forward play.

Whats next? Bring through Sess whose main asset is attacking play and put him into left-sided CB? Use Wanyama as CAM?

What a fucking idiot. “What can I do?” Jesus fucking Christ ( sorry about the blasphemy ). What you can do my old pedigree chum is say - no. Like every other sensible manager would do......

cue the “it’s not that easy” statements, except it is if you negotiate, like they did with Son....

fuck sake.

Managers and clubs aren't allowed to do that any more, are they? I heard that players have to say no themselves which isn't likely to happen, or clubs can say the players are injured, but the players still have to report for duty to be assessed by the national teams medical staff.

N’Dombele and Lo Celso would be my and should be Poch’s first choice CM pairing. Either that or play GLC at CAM with either Winks or Sissoko alongside N’Dombele. Don’t get why Eriksen plays, sooner he’s gone the better, and Dele is totally off the boil just now

Managers and clubs aren't allowed to do that any more, are they? I heard that players have to say no themselves which isn't likely to happen, or clubs can say the players are injured, but the players still have to report for duty to be assessed by the national teams medical staff.
Fair enough, except if you negotiate with the national teams, as they did with Son ?

Anyways, nothing we can do about it. Just means another excuse “only returned on Thursday, not fit to start Saturday / Sunday, we have other options.....”.

cue Dier and or Wanyama being embarrassed by Mark Fucking Nobel.

gosh....am I losing my optimism....

We have to buy him if we qualify for CL or EL. We have an option to buy him regardless.

He's not going back to Betis.
We have an option to buy him.
That's very different to an obligation.
The actual words are on the Spurs website.

An option just means, should we want to buy him, there is an option.
If he barely plays for us, poch gets sacked, new manager doesn't fancy him, he'll go back to Betis and we wont take up turn option to spend £50,000,000 on a player that hasn't done anything.

Ah, yea, that's an awesome plan - buy a good creative player who can execute awesome through balls and then push him out of the position and make him think more about defense and less about forward play.

Whats next? Bring through Sess whose main asset is attacking play and put him into left-sided CB? Use Wanyama as CAM?
Sounds like something Poch would do

We have an option to buy him.
That's very different to an obligation.
The actual words are on the Spurs website.

An option just means, should we want to buy him, there is an option.
If he barely plays for us, poch gets sacked, new manager doesn't fancy him, he'll go back to Betis and we wont take up turn option to spend £50,000,000 on a player that hasn't done anything.
Fairly sure its a loan with "an obligation" in the sense that the structure of the loan payment meant they didn't have to cough up any cash to PSG who had a sell-on clause and so they could keep a bit more cash.

2 + 2 = PSG coming in to scupper our Dybala deal.

Swings & roundabouts with the same kids playing on them.

Also let's not think in terms of him not fitting. I don't consider him any less than any other member of the squad.

Back
Top Bottom