UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

....And KWP at this rate.

I read an article on Norwich City's financials the other night (modern day Keith Richards I am!) anyway theynare forecast to make losses this season of roughly £38.7m regardless of PL status this season as they have a few issues with parachute payments from the past or something.

I saw we do them a favour for a favour. In Walker-Peters they won't find a better replacement for Aarons. If Poch doesn't fancy Kyle do him and us a favour and dangle him under Delias bugle with a now or never offer for a ready made replacement and some of that sweet, sweet dough they require. I only see it as a win all round as KWP could really become something if he's given the chance to blossom. That won't happen at Spurs and we get a younger prospect to run a keen eye over at the same time. Mates rates innit!

Rewatched our first goal and had a little chuckle at the Swedish commentator getting more and more annoyed at the ball not going in. So when we finally do score he just goes "Finally, it's finally in the net".

You could literally hear him get more and more annoyed every time the ball refused to go in.

Think he wasn't expecting to see a game of pinball - his TV listing said football !

Great win. Poch has brought the new guys up to his required fitness levels, and he should be able to use them frequently from here. One thing.....could we not give future opponents those point blank chances on turnovers. Gazza saved one, and in the second half Red Star totally screwed up a 3 on 1 and rolled it between two attackers for a goal kick.

BBC:
During his 86 minutes on the pitch, Lo Celso touched the ball more times (102) and made more tackles (five) than any other player on the pitch, while he won the ball back eight times. He made 79 passes with an accuracy of 90%.

Yes RSB are a crap team and yes we did already hammer them playing some lovely football in the process a few weeks ago but PLEASE Poch, fucking PLEASE continue with the same this weekend.
93 games we havent kept the same 11, theres absolutely no need whatsoever to change a thing for the Blades-but we will at the very least bring a cb in for DIER.

NDombele and Lo Celso looked great tonight-START them every game, they are the future. Sess had a good qtr of an hour too was delighted to see him getting some mins.
We have to stick to giving these young players time and playing more energetic football in the league too though.

I don't even think Ranieri or Benitez in their prime tinkering went nearly a ton of games without the same 11 in consecutive matches-Poch please show us you want to be here and have the clubs interests at heart and stop fucking about with the Cragyy Island over 75's team in the league ffs- START the new lads.

How fucking good is Ndombele. Kid is just playing a different game isnt he. Thought lo celso did everything we want eriksen to do and more. Always hungry for the ball. Son as usual chipped in with some great runs and so happy for the kid to bag a couple after the disgrace of the weekend just gone.

Even dier had a decent game. I'd love it if we just lined up the same vs sheff utd. Please pochettino just once keep a winning team...
Ndombele plays like he is playing Fifa. As if he is looking at the game from an aerial view and can see all the players and what passes are available and tries to play them with 1 touch. Just amazing.

Ndombele plays like he is playing Fifa. As if he is looking at the game from an aerial view and can see all the players and what passes are available and tries to play them with 1 touch. Just amazing.
22 as well, imagine him in a year or two being up to speed in the prem!
Proper gem on our hands there.

I just wanna say that as it stands we could field the following for an u23 match.

Whiteman/ Austin
Foyth/ Walker-Peters
Sanchez
Tanganga
Sessegnon
Winks/ Skipp
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Dele
Clarke
Parrott

7 of these lads started this evening and 3 of the 4 who would probably make up the strongest 11 (Gazzaniga, Kane & Son) are all mid20s. That's a very youthful looking amount of talented deothnwe have there. Maybe a season of being patient won't be a bad thing.

That sinking feeling most fans got when Eriksen scored. Lol

Tactic changes I observed from Poch:

Son played wide and Rose didn't get forward and make too may over lapping runs. Alli tended to be the player making those runs.

Keeping rose back allowed him to focus on winning back the ball and stopped his god awful crosses.

Ndombele's ability to get the ball forward quickly is a welcome change! However, teams will get wise to this direct pass soon enough

Fantastic to see Dier with a solid performance. So many fans have written him off because he was sick last season.

Following this match the positivity around the threads is almost tangible. It's as if everyone senses a possible new beginning for the club.
Poch undoubtedly had his reasons for waiting until now to unleash this team selection and whether or not he was right to do so I don't know.

What I do know is the clouds have begun to part and there's a chink of sunlight in the sky. I just hope he realises how fruitful the team he chose tonight could prove to be in the league.
Whether Poch does stay or go at least as supporters we can be confident that the nucleus of a really good squad already exists at the club.

It's up to the manager to maintain the momentum and allow the green shoots of recovery we saw last night to flourish. I'm actually looking forward to the match on Saturday now.
:coys:

Last edited:
Following this match the positivity around the threads is almost tangible. It's as if everyone senses a possible new beginning for the club.
Poch undoubtedly had his reasons for waiting until now to unleash this team selection and whether or not he was right to do so I don't know.

What I do know is the clouds have begun to part and there's a chink of sunlight in the sky. I just hope he realises how fruitful the team he chose tonight could prove to be in the league.
Whether Poch does stay or go at least as supporters we can be confident that the nucleus of a really good squad already exists at the club.

It's up to the manager to maintain the momentum and allow the green shoots of recovery we saw last night to flourish. I'm actually looking forward to the match on Saturday now.
:coys:
Time will ultimately tell and this could all be a fluke, but let's enjoy it. Poch keeps telling us to be patient and maybe this is why.

It is frustrating as hell but I am trying to keep my faith and him and trust in his decisions. I think he has earned it. He said this would be painful and it is, but hopefully it all pans out and he is seeing the potential.

What a treat of a game to watch when I got home. What's left to say that hasn't been said? Just roll out this team again as soon as possible. My only definite swap would be Davies for Rose. Other than that, it's perfect.

Honestly the only one who looked off it tonight was Harry, and we all know how good he is.

I'm so proud of the whole squad, it really feels like things are happening now

Didnt see the game as was a midnight KO where I am in the world at the moment. Teamsheet alone makes for positive reading. Always thought Dier playing in his natural position again was a solution to our CB "issues" potentially so that's good. Lo Celso getting pretty much a whole game, great. Foyth back and fit. Thing is will Poch now fuck about with it all like he did before? Hopefully not, but you know he will.

Back
Top Bottom