New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Chargers were always one of the stronger contenders to move to the UK, there was a lot of chatter about it while they were still in San Diego.

Someone please help me understand: The SoFi stadium in Inglewood is meant for both the Rams and the Chargers. How could the Chargers back out of that deal since the stadium is already being built?

Someone please help me understand: The SoFi stadium in Inglewood is meant for both the Rams and the Chargers. How could the Chargers back out of that deal since the stadium is already being built?

What is all this nonsense about teams moving cities and even countries? Don’t they have any proper fanbase who are disappointed when they go? And do new “lifelong” fans suddenly materialise are the new place? It all sounds very weird.

Rams owner (Woolwich Kronke) is the one actually financing and will own the stadium - the Chargers would just be tenants. Plus they are both NFL teams and the NFL can pretty much do whatever they want.

The Chargers have been an unmitigated disaster in LA - as soon as the NFL figures out the logistics (travel, taxes, etc..) this will likely happen.

The Chargers have always lacked support. Would ENIC try to buy them? And..... can Spurs play on Saturday and Chargers on Sunday?
Chargers had support in San Diego, alot of it, then they moved.

ENIC can't afford to buy the Chargers, and if the owner has a chance to move a team to London why would he sell?

And yes, a weekend doubleheader is feasible according to several sources, most notably Levy.

Let’s go!

giphy.gif

BVXSzi.gif

ENIC can't afford to buy the Chargers, and if the owner has a chance to move a team to London why would he sell?

And yes, a weekend doubleheader is feasible according to several sources, most notably Levy.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I would've hoped ENIC would be able to buy the Chargers. Even if Levy would only partially manage the franchise, it would be very interesting to see how he (and the staff he appoints) would cope with transforming them to heavyweights.

The Allianz stadium Bayern play in was initially home to twomdifferent teams before Bayern became the only tenants I believe. I'm sure they'll be a waynaround it if need be.

Edit, it was jointly used by Bayern & 1860 Munich from 2005-2017.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I would've hoped ENIC would be able to buy the Chargers. Even if Levy would only partially manage the franchise, it would be very interesting to see how he (and the staff he appoints) would cope with transforming them to heavyweights.
Levy’s impact would likely be minimal. The NFL is a closed system with a collective bargaining agreement and salary cap, so every team is more or less working under the same financial restraints from a competitive standpoint.

Ed Woodward would do well in the NFL. Levy would too, but it’s a different ball game.

What is all this nonsense about teams moving cities and even countries? Don’t they have any proper fanbase who are disappointed when they go? And do new “lifelong” fans suddenly materialise are the new place? It all sounds very weird.
Back in the day I 'supported' Houston Oilers then one fine day they upped sticks and changed name so I lost interest. Anyway it was much like supporting Spurs, always the nearly team.

Dean Spanos, the Chargers owner would be dead against this, the last few years have made him a hated figure amongst the Charger fans and with his father dying last year just maybe he would sell ... however as long as he remains in charge London is unlikely ... never say never though, it's all about the money.

Last edited:
Yeah I had to go back a few pages to find it and now I need a nice strong coffee. Can anyone recommend a good brand? :sonhmm:
Aldi 'Alcafe' beans (strength 4 or 5, they're identical beans) are excellent and inexpensive - if it's beans you're after.

The Chargers "support" in San Diego did not include passing a tax initiative to build a new stadium. It was defeated by a 57%-43% vote. Having attended a Spurs game in that stadium 18 months ago, I can tell you that they could not have continued to play there.

hope its on the astro turf pitch, rugby league in November on grass would be a nightmare for groundsmen
get rid of the southern beer & make sure there is a big head on the beer

Back
Top Bottom