Sob stories

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

krissper

Sun on the face
I have two. 2007/2008 At home to Liverpool

I was sure this was a win(sigh). Last match of the season baggin the points. Lost obviously, but on the way out Robbie Keane pulled up.
Favourite player no doubt. He signed my shirt and drove of. Signed for Liverpool later that summer.

Zokora pulls up. I cant stand the guy. He rolls down the window thinking i will kiss his ass. I ask him who he is. He tell me i must be drinking.

Luton away - '78.
14 years of age and totally skint. My nan gives me some money for the train fare and admission.
Get to St Pancras and find they've hiked up the fare to a whopping 3.50 return.
This meant I only had a few pennies left for the admission money.
Got to the ground and waited outside the away end - asking numerous Spurs fans if they had 50p to spare.
Not one person helped me out - so had to stand outside until the gates opened 20 minutes from the end.
Did get to see our last 2 goals - and it all kicking off in the side enclosure.

Used to live in Sydenham. Long way from the action but Selhurst park. I could hear the roars through my bedroom window. So i went down there one night. We were playing away game. Forgot i brought my pipe inside pocket. Of all the tossers and crims i get searched. No charge but i left with a ban and no jacket. Never ever went back to that part of town.

At home to Middlesbrough 98
Invited 2 friends from Norway to come have a day out. 0-2 down by half time, i left when Moussa Saib was substituted on. The streets of north london was quiet and the guy in the bar just looked at me with disgust.

I got hit by a pie away at Forest (2005 FA Cup replay) We won 3-0 and when Mido got our 3rd, one of the Forest fans in the tier above us, scored a direct hit on the back of my head with a steak and kidney. My mate pissed himself. The fucking thing went everywhere. I had to throw my jacket away and it was snowing.

I do remember being kissed by some random Spurs fan on the way out, but I suspect he was just hungry. :dawsonmean:

In May 1987, there was a young Tottenham fan attending the Cup Final (cost £6).

He lived in Wembley and it was the first time he had gone to a Spurs match "on his own", although he was meeting mates at Wembley Park.

He was proper togged up, everything he had that was anything to do with Spurs was with him, hat, scarf, wrist bands (this was the 80s), pin badge, etc, etc.

He was stood behind one of the goals and sang his lungs out, only to be denied his wish for a Spurs win and his heart was broken yet again (which would turn out not to be last time either).

On his walk home through Wembley Park onto Park Lane onto the High Road towards Sudbury, he was sang at, verbally abused, vilified and laughed at by the celebrating Coventry fans.

That young lad's eyes welled up and he wanted to cry (he might have done a little bit), he vowed that he would HATE Coventry until the last breath left his body.

They are cunts.

Yes... that boy was me.

Home vs Chelsea
My first and last hey. I fell in love that night. My dad took me along .He cares nothing about footbal.
We lost 1-3 but i got to see the beuty of Lineker and Gazza. Erik Thorstvedt made a howler non the same

I was attending the wonderful Middlesex university. Had got myself settled in the cosy part of ponders end.
Shirley grove.
My mom and brother came visiting from abroad. So mom went of to see the central london sights on a sunday. Me and and brother went to the local for a bit to eat and spurs v Woolwich.
Young man only 12
1-1 draw big fight in the pub. On the way out he asked me.
Is this normal around here?

Last edited:
1987 Littlewoods Cup semi final replay

Having a 1-0 advantage coming away from Highbury we inexplicably lost 1-2 in the home leg the following Sunday - to a really predictable, typical George Graham long ball outfit.

Replay scheduled for Wednesday night. They won’t be able to resist us. Clive Allen scoring goals for fun; Waddle mesmerising; Ardiles impish; Gough and Mabbutt shoring up a defence in front of Ray Clemence. But Hoddle injured. Not to worry...we won the coin toss and got home advantage. What could possibly go wrong?

For starters, being 2-0 up on aggregate at HT on the Sunday the WHL tannoy announcer began to excitedly give news of tickets for the final. Legend has it that the Woolwich players heard this and came out to level the tie.

Anyway, on the evening of the replay itself we once again took the lead. Once again Clive Allen doing the business. They hadn’t led across the tie as a whole until the last ten minutes of the replay when the cunts went bang bang and shattered my 14 yr old world.

Vivid memories of standing in disbelief while listening to the vile refrain of ‘Good old Woolwich...’

The High Rd that night was like a war zone...windows going in, sirens blaring and claret everywhere.

1986/7 - best Spurs side never to win a trophy (maybe until 2016/17 anyway)

So many I'd be here for days! Can't be bothered to look up dates.
Man U when we were 3 up and lost 5-3.
Man C in the cup when they were down to 10 men and we lost 4-3.
Burnley in the league cup when they were 3rd division and they knocked us out.
5-0 against a relegated Newcastle when we only had to draw to finish above the goons.
Going to Notts County in league cup and losing 3-0, think they were 3rd division too.
League cup final against the dippers when we were leading 1-0, Archie missing a sitter with a few minutes to go, then they ended up winning the bloody thing!
Losing against the chavs 6-0 or 6-1 at the Lane.
The away leg at Madrid, lost 4-0 and we didn't even show up, same as the final this year.
Going to stop now, as this is depressing!

5-0 against a relegated Newcastle when we only had to draw to finish above the goons.
Going to Notts County in league cup and losing 3-0, think they were 3rd division too.
League cup final against the dippers when we were leading 1-0, Archie missing a sitter with a few minutes to go, then they ended up winning the bloody thing!
The away leg at Madrid, lost 4-0 and we didn't even show up, same as the final this year.
Think you mis understand this thread. It is about sharing stories. Not results. Have a go again

Honestly - the 5-1 loss to Newcastle on the final day was the most hurt I've felt by the team. Losing finals is one thing, but to see the squad's implosion and feel like they genuinely didn't give a fuck about how important finishing above Woolwich was to the fanbase left a horrible taste in my mouth from an otherwise excellent season.

That and the fact it was the day before my first exam... an exam overlooking the park where Leicester City parade celebrations were going to take place, and interrupted by constant sound checks.

giphy.gif

Thank fuck we kicked on the following year to exorcise those demons.

Going to those games was a sob story :(

My goldfish died this week.

Gonna enter a singing competition in order to take advantage....

#JobsAGood'n :adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom