Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's funny that when Poch puts out the team that his detractors wanted, they have to resort to slating his training methods
And the state of his marriage
And the chemical balance of the players

At least with Hoddle it was just his obsession with reincarnation

I wonder when people will work out that teams that play in brand new expensive stadiums are also teams that dont have an endless supply of money to buy the top performing footballers and the managers become like chefs that have to continue to serve up meals on poorer quality ingredients.

...I wonder when people will work out that teams that play in brand new expensive stadiums are also teams that dont have an endless supply of money to buy the top performing footballers and the managers become like chefs that have to continue to serve up meals on poorer quality ingredients.
...but if the standard of the meals deteriorates, customers will stop eating at the restaurant, so the chef has to maintain or improve the quality of his meals, using the ingredients he can afford. A top chef is able to do that.

Anyway, our squad is not exactly Tesco value burgers and Tesco value chips. Admittedly, quite a few of the ingredients are past their 'best before' date and should be given to a food bank. Then the chef will need to replenish his larder.
But let's not forget that Pochettino's young farmers have grown their own raw materials in the Enfield garden. They are young, healthy plants and animals, ready to be served up to the customers. If he has ability, Chef Pochettino will be able to create a meal fit for a King, just using the ingredients at his disposal.

Fucking analogies shit.

Go back through this thread and see how many agreed with me when I said he should have been changed at HT.

You even said half way through the second half he looked ill.

You're a dick and know fuck all about football. Stick to trolling.
Left out because he is sick and dropped are not the same thing. The idea of dropping him is just ridiculous.

...but if the standard of the meals deteriorates, customers will stop eating at the restaurant, so the chef has to maintain or improve the quality of his meals, using the ingredients he can afford. A top chef is able to do that.

Anyway, our squad is not exactly Tesco value burgers and Tesco value chips. Admittedly, quite a few of the ingredients are past their 'best before' date and should be given to a food bank. Then the chef will need to replenish his larder.
But let's not forget that Pochettino's young farmers have grown their own raw materials in the Enfield garden. They are young, healthy plants and animals, ready to be served up to the customers. If he has ability, Chef Pochettino will be able to create a meal fit for a King, just using the ingredients at his disposal.

Fucking analogies shit.
What is this- an audition for Premier League British Master Chef?

The lack of tempo and pressing is the main issue. Totally agree with others on here. We just let teams play and settle. I'll say it again best football I've seen us play in the PL era was under redknapp. We played at such a tempo and every home game come out like a train. Poch needs to find himself again and his energy

To be fair outside Man City and Liverpool sheff Utd are the best team I’ve seen this season - if they had a quality striker top 6 would be a realistic aim
I couldn’t understand a word they said but also the best visiting fans we’ve had at the new gaff

I’m surprised that Poch hasn’t blamed new stadium syndrome yet. Or has he? TBH I’ve given up listening to his increasingly bizarre pre- or post-match interviews, so he could be blaming global warming or the decline in the bee population for all I know.

We have turned into a team that lets the opposition have the ball and lets them waltz to our box unchallenged-absolutely embarrassing goal to concede-we are a total mess.
I think the idea was to drop in a low-medium block and counter while they were pushing for an equalizer. On paper it’s a good idea, I think Liverpool do it but unlike Liverpool, we frankly don’t have a defence able to deal with a lot of pressure.

Back
Top Bottom