Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Uhhh, care to name those 5-8 wingers so we can have a quick laugh at your expense mate?
For a start Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Mané and Salah are better and there are a couple of others you could argue about, but the point was that Son isn't good and consistent enough to be called 'world-class', a damn nice player for us though.

For a start Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Mané and Salah are better and there are a couple of others you could argue about, but the point was that Son isn't good and consistent enough to be called 'world-class', a damn nice player for us though.

You absolutely couldn't argue about anybody outside of those 4 being on par with Son for a start, also Bernardo isn't really a winger he is a player who plays between the lines like a 10 / AM. Hard to compare but purely in goalscoring output terms Son eclipses him anyway. I will give you Sterling, Mane and Salah but they are really at the top of their game at the moment and Son isn't even that far off them.

I bet if you put Son in that Liverpool side instead of Salah he would score as many, if not more, than Salah does.

You absolutely couldn't argue about anybody outside of those 4 being on par with Son for a start, also Bernardo isn't really a winger he is a player who plays between the lines like a 10 / AM. Hard to compare but purely in goalscoring output terms Son eclipses him anyway. I will give you Sterling, Mane and Salah but they are really at the top of their game at the moment and Son isn't even that far off them.
Bernardo Silva plays most matches on the right wing, but as you said there are multiple ways to fill in that role, still consider him better than Son though. There are multiple wingers in our league who are better, let alone in world football, he's a very good player, but not "world-class".. For example Sterling is clearly better than Son and there is an argument to make that he is actually world-class these days.

Some people use the term "world-class" very lightly.

Feel bad for the Gomes guy, but what’s done is done and no benefit for anyone to dwell on it. Plus, I feel a purple patch coming on. Spurs just need to figure out their defense. Where are all those Trippier haters now?

First of all bernardo silva is not a winger. he is more of a lamela type player and hell of a lot better than lamela.
Sterling is a good player but he is given the passes by players like Du Bruyne and David Silva. I would love to see Son play with Du Bruyne David Silva.

Mane has improved immensely but up until 2018/2019 Son had scored more goals than him. It has only been recently that Manes goal ratio hasgone up recently. And that is not only because of Mane but because of Trent Arnold and Robertson and Firmino giving him those chances and openings.

Son plays in a team of absolute idiots. Sissoko and winks take too long to bring the ball forward. Players like Son thrive on the counter.

Son is better than Sterling and Mane in my opinion. When Son joined his stats were betteer than sterling and mane. it has only changed since last season when Son suddenly did not have a midfield or proper fullbacks to play with.

I know you are here because you are a Son fanboy rather than a Spurs fan, but you are totally embarrassing yourself and the place in general with this statement.
have you seen du bruyne and david silva creating chances for sterling? please do not embarrass yourself.

honestly even eriksen when he was at his peak does not come close.

i am actually just watching the liverpool game. my god the insane passes that trent is doing for salah. son is just playing with a bunch of dumwits in comparision

Back
Top Bottom