Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe poch wants a way out, he hasn’t got the courage to resign and levy wants to keep him because he doesn’t have the balls to sack him.

There is no such thing, we all know Levy is not that dumb. Like most manager contracts he will just be paid until he gets a new job.

That’s not true. Chelsea ended up in the High Court with Conte over his settlement figure. They ended up paying him the 9m for his final year.
Liverpool paid £15m to Rodgers.

All around the contract signed by both parties.

The chances are if Spurs have got something saying they get compensation for him taking another job then he will get similar compensation if they sack him.

I imagine thats quite standard.

Maybe with a clause about not getting CL football or no EL football either would mean he would get less?? Finishing outside the top 10 not a sackable offence but one he would penalised for in any settlement agreement.

We have no way of knowing....... I have a feeling we might find out though.

That’s not true. Chelsea ended up in the High Court with Conte over his settlement figure. They ended up paying him the 9m for his final year.
Liverpool paid £15m to Rodgers.

All around the contract signed by both parties.

The chances are if Spurs have got something saying they get compensation for him taking another job then he will get similar compensation if they sack him.

I imagine thats quite standard.

Maybe with a clause about not getting CL football or no EL football either would mean he would get less?? Finishing outside the top 10 not a sackable offence but one he would penalised for in any settlement agreement.

We have no way of knowing....... I have a feeling we might find out though.

How many managers has Levy sacked? I would be shocked if he hasn't learned that you don't give a manager a contract where he is due to be paid in full for his remaining years if sacked. Levy isn't is careless with is money and contracts

How many managers has Levy sacked? I would be shocked if he hasn't learned that you don't give a manager a contract where he is due to be paid in full for his remaining years if sacked. Levy isn't is careless with is money and contracts
You can't just stop paying contractually obliged dues because you have a reputation for being stingy. Football is Ike any other business and there are no special contracts in football that would allow him to do this.

Chelsea fire managers twice a year and have more experience than anybody yet end up paying the full amount regardless and it's extremely naive to think Pochettino is going to get cheated out of his severence because Levy is a magician, or whatever.

Not to mention Pochettino had all the leverage and would never have signed a contract that wouldn't include a sufficient severence package.

When Google and the big banks fire people they also have to pay out their contracts and can't simply go "nah ill just pay you until I feel like it"... It's not how employment law or contracts work and you should be careful when posting things like fact when you know nothing about it.

Rumours don’t really help. Let’s focus on the facts.

Sissoko openly admitted in an interview that the squad struggles with Poch's diamond formation and cannot keep up with the demands.

This squad is ageing and has run its course and needs to be rebuilt - which both Poch and Levy admitted b4 the season started that it would be painful.

Rose, Toby, Jan have not been extended.
Eriksen, Moura, Aurier and Wanyama were offered for sale in the summer.
Kane, Dier and Alli fighting to regain form after injury and Sanchez showing his age and inexperience in defence.

No combination of Dier, Skipp, Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele have formed a cohesive midfield.

So, with only SON in the happy camp we can explain our current form.

It is a coach’s job to work with the players he has available and to improve them. Poch has failed to improve Sanchez and Foyth, allowed Kane and Alli’s form to fall off a cliff. We have no stability in midfield and our attacks are slow and lack cohesion.

Preferred Tango in the Night
Tusk was shite though
The Rumours album was all about relationships ending which was what was happening within the group at that time. Bassist John McVie and his keyboardist wife Christine had divorced and were barely talking, guitarist Lindsay Buckingham and on/off girlfriend vocalist Stevie Nicks were constantly at each other’s throats, and not to be outdone, drummer Mick Fleetwood’s wife Jenny (amazingly, the only partner who wasn’t a member of the band) had been having an affair with his best friend.

Could it be strangely prophetic about what is now happening at the club ??

He’s never had a manager like Poch. Clearly trusts him. Likes him.

Any other manager would he have paid them as much. Or for so long?

I expect there are clauses but I also expect a relatively large pay off.

And we paid AVB £4.5m as a settlement with better part of 2 years left on his contract. No idea how much he earnt though. Not 8m a year anyway. (I’m guessing that figure includes coaching staff etc too. It usually does).

Last edited:
What? That the warring factions at Spurs put their differences behind them and go on to make one of the biggest selling albums of all time?

Can’t see it myself. :harryhmm:
Nice one...no I am of course referring to the similarities of internal wranglings and unrest. Good idea though with Christmas approaching. Poch and Levy the new Chas and Dave 😎 :thumbup:

I don't know all the details of that case, but it seems Conte sued them for loss of future earnings as well because they waited until pre-season had commenced to give him the bullet, by which time he had missed out on managerial positions elsewhere.

Could be something as simple as Poch thought the players needed to work harder after the CL defeat, another 10% effort would have won the trophy (I know, but hear me out..). Poch works them harder, they just can't give any more and a rift develops.

Personally, I think Poch has suffered some sort of "Managerial block" after the CL final and just doesn't know what to do to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom