Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the club sack Poch he is still employed by the club and gets paid. However he cannot then work elsewhere. So unless Poch is happy to do nothing for 4 years or no one wants to employ him then the full payment will not be paid. However if he wants to work then he has to get permission from the club and strike a deal with Levy. If Poch is say linked with Real then he will agree whatever Levy wants to get out of the contract. If however a lesser club offering less money than he is on now he will want more to cover loss of earnings. Either way 32m is not such a great sum when compared to loss of CL money and other earnings that will go down if not successful.
Levy will get vibes from players as to what is really happening and know more than us if Poch has lost the dressing room. He has not been reluctant to change Managers in the past and it would not be a surprise to me to wake up one day to the news that Poch has gone.

If the club sack Poch he is still employed by the club and gets paid. However he cannot then work elsewhere. So unless Poch is happy to do nothing for 4 years or no one wants to employ him then the full payment will not be paid. However if he wants to work then he has to get permission from the club and strike a deal with Levy. If Poch is say linked with Real then he will agree whatever Levy wants to get out of the contract. If however a lesser club offering less money than he is on now he will want more to cover loss of earnings. Either way 32m is not such a great sum when compared to loss of CL money and other earnings that will go down if not successful.
Levy will get vibes from players as to what is really happening and know more than us if Poch has lost the dressing room. He has not been reluctant to change Managers in the past and it would not be a surprise to me to wake up one day to the news that Poch has gone.
The difference is Poch promised an end product, then.......who knows.
I would have said losing the CL final killed Poch, but we were well and truly on the wain before that.

Apart from the ajax game show me a stand out performance that makes anyone say that hes a regular starter.
He just isn't- he needs to earn the right to be a regular
Why do you think he was languishing in PSG's reserves?

But hey, it's another thing to beat Poch with....
Eriksson did not play for PSG mate, he was at ajax.

The difference is Poch promised an end product, then.......who knows.
I would have said losing the CL final killed Poch, but we were well and truly on the wain before that.

The rot had set in long before the CL final. If anything, the CL final only gave us the illusion all was well when in fact, it wasn't. That final simply can't be used as an excuse anymore. The fact is that Poch has had the whole of 2019 to identify and solve our problems and has so far failed.

The Rumours album was all about relationships ending which was what was happening within the group at that time. Bassist John McVie and his keyboardist wife Christine had divorced and were barely talking, guitarist Lindsay Buckingham and on/off girlfriend vocalist Stevie Nicks were constantly at each other’s throats, and not to be outdone, drummer Mick Fleetwood’s wife Jenny (amazingly, the only partner who wasn’t a member of the band) had been having an affair with his best friend.

Could it be strangely prophetic about what is now happening at the club ??

Going back I remember Christine McVie when she sang with Chicken Shack
Great voice and much better than Stevie Nicks imv

I think you're telling us Little Lies though why you should do so leaves me Mystified.
(Pass my coat too please).

You’re like an Albatross on here or a Green Manalishi!!

Always preferred Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac
I like my Blues

I think you are not describing the case in the UK - you are describing Italian situation with a manager sacking. In the UK there is negotiation of severance between the manager and the club, if they agree this may also include clauses on a reduction if the manager gets a new job, it goes to EPL and then tribunal.

In the UK I don't think you are still employed by the club but you do need to agree your severance, this may be less if you have a new club.

see Conte for example- Chelsea dispute over Conte's £9m severance package goes to tribunal

and O'neil

"Premier League managers' contracts contain a clause requiring the parties to mediate their differences in the event of a dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved at mediation, the case moves forward to the Premier League managers' arbitration tribunal.
"Regrettably, despite mediation, it has not been possible to resolve the dispute between Martin and Aston Villa concerning the termination of his employment with the club. The matter has now been placed in the hands of the Premier League Managers' arbitration tribunal.

1 in 44 appearances?
don't get me wrong, I like him as a footballer, but he's not so damned good that he should be a nailed on starter

I don’t think anyone really sees him as a starter (the CL final question was about whether HK was fit).

I do think people think he should get longer as a sub though. The 85th minute appearances are just pointless.

This article sheds more light - Revealed - The crazy cash sums being paid out to Premier League managers when they are sacked - Independent.ie

Basically it depends what clauses were inserted when the contract was negotiated, as Poch was in demand I doubt he agreed to anything too restrictive if and when he was sacked. If you want to go outside of the agreement it then goes to tribunal

The stuff that Trippier said about things being off behind the scenes may well of been true.
So why isn't the likes of Gold or Sacks going after this story?

Has Trippier signed a gagging order? Why are these "Spurs" journalists ignoring a potential story that is currently impacting negatively on the team?

Back
Top Bottom