Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think anyone really sees him as a starter (the CL final question was about whether HK was fit).

I do think people think he should get longer as a sub though. The 85th minute appearances are just pointless.
unless you are chasing a goal, and hope he could make the difference, which he very nearly did.
I would prefer to see him on with 20-30 minutes left.

Don't normally do the rumour/ITK bollocks thing and i'm still fully behind Poch being given a chance to rebuild the team. In my opinion he's earned it and i can't get my head around our own fans turning on him the first time things have gone wrong.

I do agree he has made mistakes and isn't perfect, but we should all be careful what we wish for.....

Anyway take with a pinch of salt, i'm working with a guy (blah blah) who's friends with Kyle Walker and Danny Rose's agent. His kids and the agents kids go to the same school and they play golf together.

Couple of things he said:

Kyle Walker - didn't want to leave the club, but City came to him and offered him big money and obvs chance to win trophies. Told no chance of the club matching what City were offering so he went. Still loves the club.

Danny Rose - Never spoke to Watford, hasn't a clue where that rumour came from, but knows he has to leave

Understands the club are tied with the yearly 7% salary increase cap ??? So this isn't Levy's fault per se, but a lot of players unhappy still on £60k - £70k. Seeing a few players (inc Sissoko) getting big contracts has caused a lot of disharmony in the squad.

Said all clubs are struggling to get rid of players not just us, everyone wants the latest up and coming xxxxx

Take it as bollocks or whatever i don't care, but adds a little to the pieces on unrest in the squad.

unless you are chasing a goal, and hope he could make the difference, which he very nearly did.
I would prefer to see him on with 20-30 minutes left.

One of the tricky situations we have is that we don't have a second striker. We don't have a situation like City where they can genuinely rotate and use Jesus as an alternative.

As you suggest, Moura is used (sparingly), when we're chasing a game. For the entirety of Poch's tenure I've never known him to sub Harry, move Son inside and bring Moura on - to try something different. I love Harry more than any other player since Gazza, but the lad genuinely looks like he needs a rest.

If Moura is only ever going to be used to 'chase' a game, we're better off selling him and buying someone who we are actually prepared to rely upon for longer that 20 minutes.

So why isn't the likes of Gold or Sacks going after this story?

Has Trippier signed a gagging order? Why are these "Spurs" journalists ignoring a potential story that is currently impacting negatively on the team?
Fucking Gold is afraid he will be barred from our press conferences if he starts asking sticky questions. He's got a fantastic job, when you think about it.

Fucking Gold is afraid he will be barred from our press conferences if he starts asking sticky questions. He's got a fantastic job, when you think about it.
I always thought weather forecasters on TV had the best job. Appear on TV 2 or 3 times a day for 90 seconds at a time and if you got it wrong, ah well shit happens.

Then social media took over...

What makes you say that when during Poch's years of strongest leverage he got very little

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's just a personal hunch.

If we're sticking by him then it stands to reason that Levy and Enic agree to what his overall plan is. I also do believe the rumours that he *was* offered players, only they weren't on the very, very short list of players he would accept. For example, I do think we were after Dybala - that's pretty big bollocks support. It didn't work out because of his image rights (and maybe he would have pulled out at the last minute regardless).

I also think ENIC are obliged to fill the stadium. You can't product something like that and then not fill it with suitable furniture. The only caveat to that is if they are simply looking to sell in the next two to three years, in which case they will obviously do the bare minimum.

Just hope our scouts are aware of the two FBs that will be the next hot property, that no one else is talking about.

Back
Top Bottom