Cristiano Ronaldo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is the first page of a Portuguese sports newspaper that celebrates Portugal's victory by putting Cristiano Ronaldo as its symbol.

Does your concept of discussion begin and end with the topic you want to say or read?

The front pages of international sports newspapers (Italy, Spain, Portugal, France) or the sports part of the English ones are an interesting window on the world. Some users who write crap are more spam.

Then if you want to ignore me it's your right but don't tell me that everyone writes interesting and reasonable things about these first pages

I doubt many on here can read Portuguese. Some can barely read or write English.

It’s just a picture of Ronaldo. There’s no discussion there. Post whatever you want. I’ll moan about or ignore whatever I want, but don’t pretend these endless copy & paste newspaper images constitute a discussion.

I doubt many on here can read Portuguese. Some can barely read or write English.

It’s just a picture of Ronaldo. There’s no discussion there. Post whatever you want. I’ll moan about or ignore whatever I want, but don’t pretend these endless copy & paste newspaper images constitute a discussion.

I don't read Portuguese either, but this will be the first or second time I put in a Portuguese newspaper. Other times they are Italian, English, Spanish and French and I put a title translation.

For the record the title says "Four steps towards the European" referring to 2-4 with Ronaldo still leader.

You’re posting papers that even you can’t read?

Unless they are languages like German, Eastern Europe, Scandinavian. If I do not know a language I take a vocabulary and try to translate. You English, being the English language spread all over the world (even in an aberrant form that will horrify you) often do not feel the need to know other languages.

Unless they are languages like German, Eastern Europe, Scandinavian. If I do not know a language I take a vocabulary and try to translate. You English, being the English language spread all over the world (even in an aberrant form that will horrify you) often do not feel the need to know other languages.
I loved doing French at school it wasn’t just like learning I found it interesting and since then I have picked up bits and pieces of Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese and even a few words of Serbo-Croat.
You never know when it might come in handy - and it has.
I’m not English though 😜

I loved doing French at school it wasn’t just like learning I found it interesting and since then I have picked up bits and pieces of Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese and even a few words of Serbo-Croat.
You never know when it might come in handy - and it has.
I’m not English though 😜

Where are you from?

I am Italian, I speak very good Spanish, good English, fairly French but no German, etc.

😉

Where are you from?

I am Italian, I speak very good Spanish, good English, fairly French but no German, etc.

😉
Scotland. A lot of English people would probably class Scottish as a foreign language I reckon 😆
I like trying to pick up other languages though, German is supposed to be easy for Scots to learn but I found it more difficult than French.

Scotland. A lot of English people would probably class Scottish as a foreign language I reckon 😆
I like trying to pick up other languages though, German is supposed to be easy for Scots to learn but I found it more difficult than French.

😀😀

Scotland? On August 22nd I was in Cannes to see Franz Ferdinand. For me as an Italian the same Spanish and French are the easiest to learn, there is the same linguistic root

😀😀

Scotland? On August 22nd I was in Cannes to see Franz Ferdinand. For me as an Italian the same Spanish and French are the easiest to learn, there is the same linguistic root
French, Spanish, Italian are all "romance" languages I think ? A lot of similarities in the words and phrases.
German is supposed to be easy for Scots to learn due to the pronunciation - think of the way Scots people pronounce the "ch" part of Loch Ness - but I just didnt take to it the way I did with French.
My German is very basic.

French, Spanish, Italian are all "romance" languages I think ? A lot of similarities in the words and phrases.
German is supposed to be easy for Scots to learn due to the pronunciation - think of the way Scots people pronounce the "ch" part of Loch Ness - but I just didnt take to it the way I did with French.
My German is very basic.

Exactly 😉

I am from Wales and I found my ability to speak fluently to Scottish people always increased with every pint of beer I drank in their company. It was a huge relief to discover that they weren't calling me by the wrong name ...Ken.... but were in fact asking me did I understand the point of their statement ..Dae ye ken ??
Luckily I found the same rule applied when I came to live in Ireland with the Guinness and I have now been fully adopted by my local farming fraternity. Must be a celtic thing.

Hes definitely something different, he seems like a man amongst boys. A bit like Usain Bolt

105853902-Usain-Bolt-smiling-100m-gold_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqiUuvBizZT2q34Osm0tNw0YMi-3xB8XfFdaR9kQXw04.jpg

Thats not human

Yes... he too is very likely an android of some kind; probably closely related to the cyber man Ronaldo.

For a time I thought Gareth Bale was alien too, but he is so injury prone that he can only be one of us.

I am from Wales and I found my ability to speak fluently to Scottish people always increased with every pint of beer I drank in their company. It was a huge relief to discover that they weren't calling me by the wrong name ...Ken.... but were in fact asking me did I understand the point of their statement ..Dae ye ken ??
Luckily I found the same rule applied when I came to live in Ireland with the Guinness and I have now been fully adopted by my local farming fraternity. Must be a celtic thing.
A Celtic thing and also an alcohol thing 😆
Where I live people don’t tend to have a strong accent and other Scots have even mistaken me for English or more commonly label me “posh” which I find rather amusing.
I lived in Australia for a few years and most people there that met me initially thought I was English - to be fair I probably was making an effort to speak properly so they could understand me.

A Celtic thing and also an alcohol thing 😆
Where I live people don’t tend to have a strong accent and other Scots have even mistaken me for English or more commonly label me “posh” which I find rather amusing.
I lived in Australia for a few years and most people there that met me initially thought I was English - to be fair I probably was making an effort to speak properly so they could understand me.

I moved to Tasmania from Sydney and everybody there thought I was English or South African for some reason. I'm aussie fyi. They are just more bogan than me...which I didn't think were possible.

I moved to Tasmania from Sydney and everybody there thought I was English or South African for some reason. I'm aussie fyi. They are just more bogan than me...which I didn't think were possible.
Bogan 😀 I love getting little reminders of my time there thanks for that.
I didn’t know Tasmanian’s had the strongest accents I always thought it was people from Melbourne/Victoria.
My only regret is I didn’t travel around a bit more when I was there and hop across to NZ.

Back
Top Bottom