Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My mate is doing some of the editing work. Won't tell me much though as he had to sign NDA!

They started filming in pre season. Spent quite a bit of time with Dier, Ndombele and Winks. The Dybala deadline day drama was filmed. Quite a bit on the NFL stuff which has a lot of Kane.

Very limited access to squad during season.

I wonder if we will see the origin of Jan's black eye!

ATOUOu3.gif

Hopefully the cameras will be in tomorrow as it would be interesting to see everyone's reaction.

Unless of course Danny has given everyone the day off whilst he finds a substitute teacher.

:pochbye:

My mate is doing some of the editing work. Won't tell me much though as he had to sign NDA!

They started filming in pre season. Spent quite a bit of time with Dier, Ndombele and Winks. The Dybala deadline day drama was filmed. Quite a bit on the NFL stuff which has a lot of Kane.

Very limited access to squad during season.

Tell him NDAs are not worth the paper they are written on

This is getting out of hand.

Articles that cameras in Poch’s office led to his sacking.

Mourinho’s comments today regarding his conversation with Eriksen being between Chris, himself and ‘Amazon’.

And most unbelievably a story that Amazon wanted Mourinho mic’d up for the game ( but was blocked by the prem).

Given our form, rumours of discontent and the recent upheaval.... i can’t believe Levy who is by all accounts a pretty considered bloke has allowed our season to be jeopardised for 10m quid and some ‘potentially’ good PR.

I hope Mou doesn’t get fed up.

Mourinho’s comments today regarding his conversation with Eriksen being between him, Chris and ‘Amazon’.

And most unbelievably a story that Amazon wanted Mourinho mic’d up for the game ( but was blocked by the prem).

Given our form, rumours of discontent and the recent upheaval.... i can’t believe Levy and the owners have allowed our season to be jeopardised for 10m quid and some ‘potentially’ good PR.
I will treat with a pinch of salt some of the stuff being said. There is absolutely no way that Amazon would be legally allowed to attend a meeting between a Player and Club discussing his contract, in fact in this country at least, it would be illegal. Now, if one took place then it would have been negotiated what was to be said/recorded.
All this just adds more layers though and is clearly a negative not a positive.
It’s also worthy of note that City had complete on what made the cut, it was just a massive puff piece, assume the same deal with us.

Mourinho’s comments today regarding his conversation with Eriksen being between Chris, himself and ‘Amazon’.

Given our form, rumours of discontent and the recent upheaval.... i can’t believe Levy who is by all accounts a pretty considered bloke has allowed our season to be jeopardised for 10m quid and some ‘potentially’ good PR.

I have no doubt that Levy is on a huge global push of our image.
Perhaps the exposure is worth a lot more than 10m in his eyes.

International pre season cups, NFL, Amazon, Mourinho, even the stadium name.. the time it's been officially called 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' could have brought in millions from sponsorship - but think it's all very tactical.

I also have no doubt that as the global stature of the club grows, so will the disconnect with the fans - but we become more like Man Utd where we can top revenue tables without finishing in Europe. The money will undoubtedly be spent on higher profile, global reaching players too.

Doesn't sit well with me. But our chances of 'doing a Leeds' drops.
As we move towards the likes of Barca, Madrid, United globally - there will be plenty of negatives with the positives.
The cold reality is that honestly the club I grew up supporting doesn't really exist in the same way. All we need now are foreign owners to come in and change the club name, and who knows - put us in red shirts.

I will treat with a pinch of salt some of the stuff being said. There is absolutely no way that Amazon would be legally allowed to attend a meeting between a Player and Club discussing his contract, in fact in this country at least, it would be illegal. Now, if one took place then it would have been negotiated what was to be said/recorded.
It’s also worthy of note that City had complete on what made the cut, it was just a massive puff piece, assume the same deal with us.
There was a documentary mini series on Liverpool a few years back I think ? Rodgers was in charge.
Watched a bit, all very bland and nothing worth seeing, apart from Rodgers giving Sterling a mild rebuke for fannying around at training.

I can't bring myself to watch any of the other series they have released - but I'm expecting acted scenes.
And to be honest - I don't think Mourinho and Eriksen will have 'contract discussions' like suggested.
My understanding is those conversations will be between Levy and Eriksen's agent.

How could any manager truly act themselves in pre game / half time talks knowing every word is going public in a fucking documentary.

Don't believe that all but there's certainly gonna be interesting viewing when it comes out, lots of stories developing already. I can see Eriksen being the Jack Rodwell character from Sunderland till I die.

We’ll all be thankful for this Doc when we know we are getting a closer look at our path to become CL winners 2020.

It’s just set in stone isn’t it?

Last edited:
There was a documentary mini series on Liverpool a few years back I think ? Rodgers was in charge.
Watched a bit, all very bland and nothing worth seeing, apart from Rodgers giving Sterling a mild rebuke for fannying around at training.
That was nauseous. Wasn’t it called ‘Being Liverpool’?

I can't bring myself to watch any of the other series they have released - but I'm expecting acted scenes.
And to be honest - I don't think Mourinho and Eriksen will have 'contract discussions' like suggested.
My understanding is those conversations will be between Levy and Eriksen's agent.

How could any manager truly act themselves in pre game / half time talks knowing every word is going public in a fucking documentary.
I think halftime and post-game stuff is quite easy for a manager, adrenaline And short time frame etc would mean it’s easily forgotten that they are there (not for a moment am I suggesting it’s ideal or optimum).
I do actually think on the flip side that José would love it, he is a master in front of the cameras and dare I say he will see it as an opportunity to perpetuate and sell his own personal brand (if it doesn’t work then he has his excuse already made for him).

seems odd that Levy would undertake a filmed meeting too, he’s one of the most camera shy people there is.

Last edited:
When they heard Poch had gone and Mourinho had rocked up who ever had came up with the idea in first place will be getting a very generous bonus....💲

Back
Top Bottom