Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocked. I thought he’d get until Christmas, I thought he deserved at least that.

Whoever we get will most likely be worse. He will be at Bayern or Madrid before the year’s end.

Sad Day, but had to happen as form showing no sign of returning 2019 domestically has been an absolute disaster, got to be Allegri for me tactically very smart and plays attractive football

Allegri is very good tactically and above all knows how to rework the work of others without distorting. Once the season has begun, a fundamentalist coach who claims to change the game completely would be dangerous.
It is certainly difficult for a big to accept in November. Maybe you could think of a ferryman (hopefully not a Charon).

Gutted but pretty inevitable, this squad should be playing well above the level it has been domestically for a very long time.

Yup, every beginnings have an end and this one is a bittersweet one. Hasty decision.... but I’m sure it wasn’t a easy one even for Levy. Thank you Poch for the great ride

Summer of 2018 was the beginning of the end. Levy or Poch, not sure who to blame for it, but outside of a magical Champions League run, its been downhill ever since then.

I hope the players are happy. Poch made their careers but apparently some were more than happy to stab him in the back over it.

I’m far more worried about the future of this club now than I was last week. I’m just sad.

Yup, every beginnings have an end and this one is a bittersweet one. Hasty decision.... but I’m sure it wasn’t a easy one even for Levy. Thank you Poch for the great ride
It does make you wonder what else was going on behind the scenes. It must have been pretty bad for the club to take this step. It's clear Levy didn't want to do this, especially with the money he'll have to pay (we know he hates to do that).

I do wonder if some of the rumors of "irreplaceable" players saying they'd leave if Poch didn't go were true.

Similarly, the whole thing about him leaving if we won the CL must have gone over really poorly with the squad.

Not saying he sucked or even should have gone, but it must have been really bad for the club to do this.

Back
Top Bottom