Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I Guess we are going to be more defensive now...and Mourinho hates players that are prone to individual mistakes and those that doesn’t work hard enough defensively.

I believe Sissoko will get diminished game time now... together with Danny rose and Serge Aurier. I don’t see them being with us next year.

Son is really going to hate playing under Mourinho. While Son excels in the final third, honestly, he can’t defend at all for god sake. He doesn’t quite fit into Mourinho philosophy of a wide attacking player.

It will be quite interesting to see how we can adapt to Mourinho counter attacking style that sits deeply. All along, we play with a high defensive line that presses opponent into mistakes. Now..... we are doing the complete opposite. To say I am worried is an understatement....

I Guess we are going to be more defensive now...and Mourinho hates players that are prone to individual mistakes and those that doesn’t work hard enough defensively.

I believe Sissoko will get diminished game time now... together with Danny rose and Serge Aurier. I don’t see them being with us next year.

Son is really going to hate playing under Mourinho. While Son excels in the final third, honestly, he can’t defend at all for god sake. He doesn’t quite fit into Mourinho philosophy of a wide attacking player.

It will be quite interesting to see how we can adapt to Mourinho counter attacking style that sits deeply. All along, we play with a high defensive line that presses opponent into mistakes. Now..... we are doing the complete opposite. To say I am worried is an understatement....
Lots of baseless assumptions....”Son will hate it”

Errr, maybe Son will love having Dele and Eriksen alongside him as AMs as opposed to behind him in central midfield.

Maybe Son will enjoy having the full backs playing forward passes, and the CBs defending corners.....maybe Son will enjoy not being the default sub off guy....and getting a game with Moura from time to time.....maybe Son will enjoy a trophy

Just a thought

4-2-3-1

We'll see Dier alot more. Might be possible that he will persuade Toby and Jan to sign new deals.

Expect him to use Rose in the beginning, but will most likely look for reinforcements to our full backs.

Expect to see way more of Giovani Lo Celso and Lucas, while Dele will have his chances reduced, sadly.

His style of play will most likely be counter-attacking, and he will try to play from the wings more than play centrally. He also will try and ask Kane to be less focused on the build-up and more focused on finishing the chances and be as lethal as he can. He will have his favourites, but he's nowhere near the level of Poch, Allegri, Sarri etc when it comes to not dropping them.

I’m intrigued what he’ll make of Winks. A low risk player but not an especially incisive one either.

I feel like he’ll either build the midfield around him or ship him off.

Agree on Son. He’s going to hate the defensive requirements.

Think we will see 2 defensive midfielders starting games with wide attackers doing a lot of running back with the squad we have now.

Can see us improving from set pieces, with Lo Celso showing some potential there.

Actually can see Eriksen turning his form around and buying into this as a new challenge.

Mourinho has been careful about picking his next job, and he wants this.
He has spoken recently about changing the way he approaches football and I believe mentioned about wanting to lay down a long term dynasty with a club.. we shall see.. But this could work out.

I’m intrigued what he’ll make of Winks. A low risk player but not an especially incisive one either.

I feel like he’ll either build the midfield around him or ship him off.

Agree on Son. He’s going to hate the defensive requirements.
Winks is our Thiago Motta/McTominay. He loves to have a player like that in his squads.

Lo Celso loan time buy deal now looks a great call.

if Jose likes, buy.
If not, send back. Then he has a guaranteed £55m to spend.

under Poch it was an auto buy.

Isn't it simply mandatory on qualification for European football? Not sure if Europa league counts.

I think in Son and Kane Mou will have two perfect players for his system. A big but technical 9 who can hold the ball, bring others into play and finish ruthlessly, and a wide forward who will run his bollocks off and can also score regularly.

Let's play compact, keep it tight and use the dribbling of Ndombele and running power of Sissoko to break from deep while opponents are not set. Lucas can also find a bigger role in a system that asks him to run into spaces and not try and play intricate football. Enough of trying to play Dembele-ball without the man himself, it's foolishness and has never worked.

Back
Top Bottom