Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho's confirmed now so just close the thread.

Jose on his appointment :
‘I am excited to be joining a club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.’

We hope !

Jose on his appointment :
‘I am excited to be joining a club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.’

We hope !

I’m sure it was the prospect of working with KWP much more than the 15m per year....

By the way, have watched the first 45 of the u21 game, Skipp playing very much as the central 6 of a 433, exactly where/how I’d like to see him play for us, did a pretty good job as well, made a couple of great retrieval tackles/interceptions after others had given away the ball. He’s also very much a kid who looks for the vertical pass when it’s on. We’ve seen this for us as well (think his through ball for Llorente at Preston).

By the way, have watched the first 45 of the u21 game, Skipp playing very much as the central 6 of a 433, exactly where/how I’d like to see him play for us, did a pretty good job as well, made a couple of great retrieval tackles/interceptions after others had given away the ball. He’s also very much a kid who looks for the vertical pass when it’s on. We’ve seen this for us as well (think his through ball for Llorente at Preston).

Any Skipp highlights available bus-conductor bus-conductor ?

Spurs travel to play Everton u23's on Friday night.

Probably a bit early to see any influence from Mourhino, such as Tanganga, Parrott and Skipp sometimes playing for u23's to keep match fitness if they are not involved with the first team.

Any other thoughts on Skipp - does he look relatively match fit (he has played very little so far this season), if so might he get some attention from Mourhino ?

watched the second half last night, I think fitness wise he looked ok, the game got a bit ragged second half with all the subs etc, but he was one of the only outfield players to play the whole 90. I thought he was very disciplined, and played that anchoring central pivot role well - he head two very attacking players either side (one being Foden) so he was constantly mopping up and covering - doing DM/6 type stuff - and did it very efficiently.

I was watching to see what he did when not in possession, how/where he moved, how he was reading the game. Obviously there were times when I thought he could move differently (but I’d think that with any player) but for a 18/19yo kid his reading and positioning was very good, And he’s a really tenacious little fucker too.

He’s got a great skill set, technique, tenacity, engine, vision, but He needs to play games now, if not here then elsewhere, because his development will stall, as we have seen with others.

Spurs travel to play Everton u23's on Friday night.

Probably a bit early to see any influence from Mourhino, such as Tanganga, Parrott and Skipp sometimes playing for u23's to keep match fitness if they are not involved with the first team.
TBH I will be amazed if Skipp gets any more minutes this season.
But Jose knows goals win games so Parrott very likely IMO and I saw a video clip where JM was bigging up Tanganga.

We have been drawn at home to holders Liverpool in the third round of this season’s FA Youth Cup.
The draw was made at Wembley today (Friday), with clubs from the Premier League and Championship entering at this point.
The Reds toppled Manchester City in a penalty shootout in last season’s final, while we were eliminated at the fourth round stage by The Scum.
Details on the date and venue for the match will be confirmed in due course. Ties must be completed before Saturday 14 December.
We met Liverpool’s Academy in the summer, when we beat them on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the semi-finals of the Under-19 Oberndorf tournament in Germany.
Previously, we beat them 4-0 in the quarter-finals of the Under-18 Premier League Cup during its inaugural season in 2017/18.
A date has now been confirmed for our home tie against Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup.
We will take on the Reds, the tournament’s current holders, on Monday 2 December at Stevenage’s Lamex Stadium, kick-off 7pm.
Tickets will be available on the night, priced at £5 for adults and £2 for concessions.

Due to the date of this fixture, our Under-18 Premier League match away to Leicester City on Saturday 30 November has been rescheduled for Saturday 21 December. Kick-off remains at 11.30am at the Foxes’ training ground.

Meanwhile, our Under-23s’ Premier League 2 fixture away to Manchester City, which had been scheduled to take place on Monday 16 December at the City Academy Stadium, will now be played on Sunday 15 December on City’s Academy training pitch, kick-off 12pm.

watched the second half last night, I think fitness wise he looked ok, the game got a bit ragged second half with all the subs etc, but he was one of the only outfield players to play the whole 90. I thought he was very disciplined, and played that anchoring central pivot role well - he head two very attacking players either side (one being Foden) so he was constantly mopping up and covering - doing DM/6 type stuff - and did it very efficiently.

I was watching to see what he did when not in possession, how/where he moved, how he was reading the game. Obviously there were times when I thought he could move differently (but I’d think that with any player) but for a 18/19yo kid his reading and positioning was very good, And he’s a really tenacious little fucker too.

He’s got a great skill set, technique, tenacity, engine, vision, but He needs to play games now, if not here then elsewhere, because his development will stall, as we have seen with others.

A few bits of Skipp play above - a few nice tackles, interceptions and forward passes.

What's not to like ? Over to you Jose !

A few bits of Skipp play above - a few nice tackles, interceptions and forward passes.

What's not to like ? Over to you Jose !

You watch Skipp play that 6 role, tenacious, industrious, able to take the ball under pressure and still turn, and you think Poch had that at his disposal for the last 2 seasons and plumped for fucking Sissoko every week. Honestly, it really is no wonder he got the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom