Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His comments were of gratitude to Pochettino but no mention of surprise or shock

It says everything.
I would be very surprised if Kane was one that wanted him out to be honest. I think that's more about the way Kane conducts himself on social media not wanting to cause any controversies, natural leader and tbh wouldn't surprise me if Jose makes him the new captain.

Hopefully Mou gives Harry a bit of an easier time in training (ie no intense double-sessions) so he is a bit more invigorated come gametime. We could do with him having the spring back in his step, and judging from today's performance he seems bang up for it under new management.

Kane's aggression in attack

It makes sense that Mourinho would look to get Alli closer to Kane and it makes sense too that he will build the attack around the center-forward. The England captain is capable of approaching the role in various ways but whether it is Didier Drogba, Diego Costa or Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Mourinho traditionally favours a robust reference point in attack.

There were signs that Kane is prepared to fulfil that role for Mourinho in his performance against West Ham. He was certainly a willing runner, covering more ground than any other Tottenham player at the London Stadium - the most that he has in any Premier League game in over three months. There was a real edge to Kane's game on Saturday.

It wasn't just that he was booked for a late off-the-ball challenge on Robert Snodgrass late on - his first yellow card in the competition since February. He committed four fouls in total. That might not sound a lot but in fact it is the joint-most that he has conceded in any game in his entire Premier League career. Perhaps Kane knows how to impress Mourinho.

It makes sense that Mourinho would look to get Alli closer to Kane and it makes sense too that he will build the attack around the center-forward. The England captain is capable of approaching the role in various ways but whether it is Didier Drogba, Diego Costa or Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Mourinho traditionally favours a robust reference point in attack.

There were signs that Kane is prepared to fulfil that role for Mourinho in his performance against West Ham. He was certainly a willing runner, covering more ground than any other Tottenham player at the London Stadium - the most that he has in any Premier League game in over three months. There was a real edge to Kane's game on Saturday.

It wasn't just that he was booked for a late off-the-ball challenge on Robert Snodgrass late on - his first yellow card in the competition since February. He committed four fouls in total. That might not sound a lot but in fact it is the joint-most that he has conceded in any game in his entire Premier League career. Perhaps Kane knows how to impress Mourinho.

I suspect Jose has simply told him to be more of a bully, more dominant in hos presence, because defenders used to fear him whereas in the last season i would say not as much fear. He has still scored but Kane has been a bit nice, there has seemed less psychological pressure on defenders compared to before.

One important takeaway from this is it should hush the idiots who bang on and on about his ankles are affecting his performances.

(His ankles will now ALLWAYS be weaker, once libaments have been snapped or stretched they pretty much stay that way, other than a lot of scar tissue. It doesn't stop you running though, just more susceptible to rolling them).

Let's just hope Kane doesn't start diving all the time like Drogba. Drogba, like Kane was such a physical specimen that it was obvious he went down easy. Drogba had no image to protect, he wasn't England captain, golden boy etc. I want rival fans to hate and fear Kane for his goals and performances, not for outright cheating.
Tbh, I think Kane is a big enough man and character that if Jose asked him to do something like that, he wouldn't buy into it.

He'll go along with subjectable behaviours like little niggles, sly comments to players, a bit of physicality here and there. But I can't see him resorting to Drogba levels of cheating.

One incredible story I heard about a Mourinho plan was when Real were playing Barca. He discovered Messi was actually pretty uppety about his height, so Mourinho got all his Real players to pat him on the head during the match. It completely disrupted Messi and Real won the match.
It's these kinds of things I actually look forward too. 2 training sessions a day doesn't stop world class players like Messi tearing you apart.

I don't think Mourinho had anything with his "shithousery" yesterday.

Sissoko was on the ground and they refused to kick the ball out ao he made foul to stop thrm. Nothing shithousery about that.

when the game ended on Saturday kanes handshake/well done with Jose was not very loving, think he was still missing Poch, hopefully a few weeks time it will go

Let's just hope Kane doesn't start diving all the time like Drogba. Drogba, like Kane was such a physical specimen that it was obvious he went down easy. Drogba had no image to protect, he wasn't England captain, golden boy etc. I want rival fans to hate and fear Kane for his goals and performances, not for outright cheating.
Tbh, I think Kane is a big enough man and character that if Jose asked him to do something like that, he wouldn't buy into it.

He'll go along with subjectable behaviours like little niggles, sly comments to players, a bit of physicality here and there. But I can't see him resorting to Drogba levels of cheating.

One incredible story I heard about a Mourinho plan was when Real were playing Barca. He discovered Messi was actually pretty uppety about his height, so Mourinho got all his Real players to pat him on the head during the match. It completely disrupted Messi and Real won the match.
It's these kinds of things I actually look forward too. 2 training sessions a day doesn't stop world class players like Messi tearing you apart.
Pussy

Good on Kane for seeing Pochettino and he is undoubtedly key for us.

But he will forge no such bond with Mourinho who will see success first and player loyalty second.

Mourinho would NOT have started Kane in the CL final last season but would have brought him on to make an impact putting team ahead of individual.

Last edited:
How many games do you think it will take Harry to pass Jimmy, i.e., over / under 321 matches?
Harry has scored 175 goals in 269 apps so to equal Greaves' total on the same ratio would mean 408 games.
However many of Harry's early apps were as 5 minute subs so I think the best figure to take is from when H became a regular in season 2014-15 to present.
That is 170 goals in 243 apps. Which would mean 380 games for Harry to score 266 goals. JG scored 266 in 379 games!
I pray Harry sticks around long enough to smash all Spurs scoring records.
JG scored 220 league goals in 321 games.
For Harry to equal 220 on his current ratio would take 317 games!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom