Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was nice to see the Mourinho embrace as he came off.

I thought he was good today. Always showing for the ball. Always held on to it. Always beat his man.
End product lacking but definitely something for Mourinho to work with.
Your last sentence sums up Lucas perfectly and is the reason he didn't start many games this season

Thing with Lucas yesterday there was quite a few times when he passed it into midfield he wasn't looking to run in behind the defence (give and go) when it was on but I won't judge him to much as he hasn't really been getting any game time lately so still work to be done on that front 3 of Son ,Kane and Lucas.

Amazing how players can be on the brink of ruin from the former manager, they come in and play our best game of the season and away for nearly a year, win and still get slagged off.

Davies, Dier and Moura changed everything yesterday, for the good, despite their shortcomings and if anyone can point to the last time they got two or three games on the spin in the last year then be my guest.

People wrote off Sanchez a few weeks ago.
What I saw yesterday was the quality 44M CB we signed, not the benchwarmer he was turned into.

Give Moura a run of games and then tell me Poch didn’t have options.

Thing with Lucas yesterday there was quite a few times when he passed it into midfield he wasn't looking to run in behind the defence (give and go) when it was on but I won't judge him to much as he hasn't really been getting any game time lately so still work to be done on that front 3 of Son ,Kane and Lucas.

He's just spent the last two years being encourage to clog up the central areas (alongside Kane & a CAM).... He might take a little time to re-adapt to his old game, but the upside (already) was that he was far more involved yesterday than when stuck trying to play centrally. He's also not shy of getting stuck in....

Futures bright for Lucas IMO.

Last edited:
Amazing how players can be on the brink of ruin from the former manager, they come in and play our best game of the season and away for nearly a year, win and still get slagged off.

Davies, Dier and Moura changed everything yesterday, for the good, despite their shortcomings and if anyone can point to the last time they got two or three games on the spin in the last year then be my guest.

People wrote off Sanchez a few weeks ago.
What I saw yesterday was the quality 44M CB we signed, not the benchwarmer he was turned into.

Give Moura a run of games and then tell me Poch didn’t have options.
Sanchez lost the player he was marking for the 2nd goal and gave away a foul in a tussle with Antonio.

Back
Top Bottom