Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Moura sub was fucking wank, Poch level counter intuitiveness at it's worst, it weakened our attack - by taking Sissoko out of it, who'd been good and had tracked back well, and putting Moura there - and midfield - by putting Sissoko next to Dier - meaning we couldn't play football any more from defence through midfield.

Fucking embarrassment at the back again. Dier somehow lasted the entire match. I never ever want to see him in our team again. If he starts vs utd we will lose. Anyone playing alongside him has an impossible job.

We should have been 5 or 6 up by the time they scored. Such complacency when we should have killed the game off. Thought kane was pretty average all match. Sissoko son and alli all v good. Aurier and sanchez had good games. Vertonghen is by far our best lb. Sissoko motm for me. Vertonghen saved us for sure. That was a certain goal.

Really conflicted feeling. Won 3 out of 3 but 2 games running in the pl and we almost gave it away. Hopefully jose will make us more ruthless, something we really lost under the lasylt year of pochettino's tenure.

Bournemouth at 3 nil down were dead and buried. Our fitness looks really dodgy too. Ndombele is knackered after about 45 minutes. Dier is exhausted after 10 minutes. Alli should have scored a hattrick and passed twice more too.

We’re you backing Sanchez before Jose took over though?
Or like everyone else, was he shit as well
No, I was probably Sanchez's biggest backer on here and couldn't understand how he got the blame and Toby and Jan got off scott free for all their errors.

And I called the decline in Toby about 14 months ago.

Fucking embarrassment at the back again. Dier somehow lasted the entire match. I never ever want to see him in our team again. If he starts vs utd we will lose. Anyone playing alongside him has an impossible job.

We should have been 5 or 6 up by the time they scored. Such complacency when we should have killed the game off. Thought kane was pretty average all match. Sissoko son and alli all v good. Aurier and sanchez had good games. Vertonghen is by far our best lb. Sissoko motm for me. Vertonghen saved us for sure. That was a certain goal.

Really conflicted feeling. Won 3 out of 3 but 2 games running in the pl and we almost gave it away. Hopefully jose will make us more ruthless, something we really lost under the lasylt year of pochettino's tenure.

Bournemouth at 3 nil down were dead and buried. Our fitness looks really dodgy too. Ndombele is knackered after about 45 minutes. Dier is exhausted after 10 minutes. Alli should have scored a hattrick and passed twice more too.
Never want to see him in the shirt again??

His coming back from an awful time and trying to play his way back into form.

Be a supporter.

It seems to be a lack of concentration at the end of these games. I sometimes suspect that the practice of bringing on a sub with minutes to go disrupts the equilibrium of the team and therefore the concentration.

We were 10 times better than Bournemouth today, the score doesn't reflect the performance.

We go into 'shit the bed mode' with 10 minutes left and look so scared about conceding we forget to put pressure in their half. They can't score if we have the ball in their half. Sitting back and battening down the hatches until the game is over doesn't fucking work. How many times has it got to happen until the penny drops?

Thankfully, Mourinho seems the ideal bloke to sort it.

3 wins from 3 games is what we needed though. Great start so far.
Pulling off (if you'll excuse the phrase) Dele and Son takes a lot of running out of the team, so nobody's willing to take the ball into the opposite half. Moura can run, but only seems to do straight lines, which isn't always helpful.

It could be argued that the scoreline does reflect the performance Sammy. It was coming for a while my friend. Wasting chances up front is not a foreign thing for us either.
We wasted masses of chances but that’s my point.
Goal disallowed, penalty waved away and loads of chances missed by Son and Dele
Realistically should have had 5, but if everything went in we’d have had 8

Their best chances were 30 yarders, a free kick and a 95th minute gift.

3-2 didn’t reflect the game, same as last week

Happy we are scoring goals again and winning games but something has to change still

Our defending is absolutely farcical

Someone said earlier that it reminds them of the Sherwood era and I completely agree

We are not gonna score 3 goals every week and right now it seems the only way we will win matches

How the fuck does VAR rule out Sanchez goal but not give a penalty against Cook for handball?

Good to see Dele get 2, but annoying to see the dilly dallying creep back in on a couple of promising occasions, where I thought he should have played someone else in early but probably had the potential hattrick in his mind.

It wasn't the defence that started the rot - it was Ndombele.
I thought we held on quite well at 3-1 and I don't know where 6 mins ET came from. The 6 mins was up before they scored goal 2 so why was there extra extra time played?

Back
Top Bottom