Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never want to see him in the shirt again??

His coming back from an awful time and trying to play his way back into form.

Be a supporter.

He has been an absolute farce of a player ever since he arrived and he is worse now than ever before. Look at sissoko in his first year. Put the work in behind the scenes and is now a great squad player. Until he leaves the club I will constantly be on dier because he does nothing well. Anyone who can't see that isnt watching the game.

Fucking embarrassment at the back again. Dier somehow lasted the entire match. I never ever want to see him in our team again. If he starts vs utd we will lose. Anyone playing alongside him has an impossible job.

We should have been 5 or 6 up by the time they scored. Such complacency when we should have killed the game off. Thought kane was pretty average all match. Sissoko son and alli all v good. Aurier and sanchez had good games. Vertonghen is by far our best lb. Sissoko motm for me. Vertonghen saved us for sure. That was a certain goal.

Really conflicted feeling. Won 3 out of 3 but 2 games running in the pl and we almost gave it away. Hopefully jose will make us more ruthless, something we really lost under the lasylt year of pochettino's tenure.

Bournemouth at 3 nil down were dead and buried. Our fitness looks really dodgy too. Ndombele is knackered after about 45 minutes. Dier is exhausted after 10 minutes. Alli should have scored a hattrick and passed twice more too.
You sound silly because Dier grew into the game quite well

We have to fix these defensive issues before we face better teams because better teams will utterly punish us, if we start getting known for being flakey in the last 10 mins it will become a habit and other teams will pray on it.

Going to be very tough for Mourinho to fix but I believe he can do it, if we can manage to win a game with a clean sheet and a comprehensive scoreline it might reverse the trend and eliminate the issue in the short term in regards to mental confidence.

Because that's what I think it is, confidence, the players are good enough at the back to not being doing shit like this every week.

All that said, good result and Sissoko got the winner LOL COYS.

Mourinho will drill the players to cut out a lot of these issue. Still plainly obvious we need a dynamic DM to partner Ndombele or Winks or whoever is playing the number 8 role. Either that or Dier/Wanyama need to be fixed.

Attack wise I am enjoying it.

As long as we win I m not bothered, how many goals do we have to score so we are sure its a win...5 or 6?

Jose did not look happy at all. He is pissed and I think the meltdown will start from this game. :mourpoint:

That Moura sub was fucking wank, Poch level counter intuitiveness at it's worst, it weakened our attack - by taking Sissoko out of it, who'd been good and had tracked back well, and putting Moura there - and midfield - by putting Sissoko next to Dier - meaning we couldn't play football any more from defence through midfield.
That is exactly why Moura hasn't been able to crack the starting 11 imho.

This is my worry.

Three wins but were very much a work on progress.
I'm convinced that we need two FB's. And a DM. If we can get Levy to open his wallet and buy them, I can see us winning the league next season. It'll take investment and hard work but that's what the game's about. Very happy with 3 points.

How the fuck does VAR rule out Sanchez goal but not give a penalty against Cook for handball?

Good to see Dele get 2, but annoying to see the dilly dallying creep back in on a couple of promising occasions, where I thought he should have played someone else in early but probably had the potential hattrick in his mind.
There was so much space for Dele (and Kane and Son) that I don't think they really knew what to do with it at some times. Jose will get them more ruthless.

Back
Top Bottom